Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Glasgow {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
I notice a new review on TA with some shots of the new rooms. Full refurb by the looks of things as per the mockups.

Shamelessly stole from REVIEW1992 on Tripadvisor:
"We have stayed at this hotel many times, it is well located, friendly and helpful team and has an underground car park. During this stay my Diamond status was recognised with an upgrade to a newly refurbished Executive Room - wow ! Room and in particular, the bathroom is superb. When it first opened this hotel was a 5* and the place to stay in Glasgow - it has lost that rating and reputation over the years, but at the point when the refurbishment is complete and the public areas and bedrooms are all upgraded - it will truly be No.1 again. With thanks to Alex and the team for a great stay."

Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:00 pm

deleted
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
What is the graphic on the wall?

David
Old Jun 7, 2021, 5:00 pm

Well that is definitely a marked improvement. I quite like the lamps by the bed.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:38 am

Looks nice, if they would waive their parking charge they could pull some Diamonds across back from the Doubletree
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Looks nice, if they would waive their parking charge they could pull some Diamonds across back from the Doubletree
Doubletree no longer comp the parking for Diamonds apparently, but it is still less than here!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Doubletree no longer comp the parking for Diamonds apparently, but it is still less than here!
Oh I know! It gave them an edge. I wonder why they’ve rescinded that benefit.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Oh I know! It gave them an edge. I wonder why they’ve rescinded that benefit.

From Tripadvisor…..
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
I was looking to book a room in a couple of weeks and notice Exec room are for sale at a £150 premium over the standard king.

Still no lounge open, and no immediate plan to do so from what I was told on the last visit. So a £150 premium for a slightly nicer room on a higher floor, a Nespresso machine and 2 x free drink vouchers at a platter I'd value at <£15 combined? That feels like they are asking for trouble complaints/reviews wise.
chrism20, hugolover, :D! and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:45 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I have a potential trip to Glasgow in October and tried to book this property on the semi-flex rate, but it wanted me to pay in full immediately! Tried the Honors Discount and it also wanted full prepayment.

When I pressed book in the Hilton app, I was unexpectedly redirected to the 2FA authentication page for my card - it's new to me that the Hilton app can do this, I thought this only happened in the US? If my card didn't enforce 2FA for all online purchases (which only started a few weeks ago) I may have been charged without expecting it.

The rate description in the Hilton app says nothing about wanting a full deposit. Suffice to say that I'm not going to book here again, unless it's one or two days before the stay.

Everywhere else except the Hampton and Grosvenor is ridiculously priced, so I booked those two on semi-flex and the bookings went through without trying to charge me. Will decide between them once the trip is confirmed to be going ahead...
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by :D!
I have a potential trip to Glasgow in October and tried to book this property on the semi-flex rate, but it wanted me to pay in full immediately! Tried the Honors Discount and it also wanted full prepayment.

When I pressed book in the Hilton app, I was unexpectedly redirected to the 2FA authentication page for my card - it's new to me that the Hilton app can do this, I thought this only happened in the US? If my card didn't enforce 2FA for all online purchases (which only started a few weeks ago) I may have been charged without expecting it.

The rate description in the Hilton app says nothing about wanting a full deposit. Suffice to say that I'm not going to book here again, unless it's one or two days before the stay.

Everywhere else except the Hampton and Grosvenor is ridiculously priced, so I booked those two on semi-flex and the bookings went through without trying to charge me. Will decide between them once the trip is confirmed to be going ahead...
Hi,

What dates are you looking for? I had a quick look in mid october and the last weekend in oct and the flexible rare was 1 day with no deposit needed
I suspect with COP26 starting at the end of October glasgow hotel prices will be high ( or sold out) for a few days before the conference.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
What dates are you looking for? I had a quick look in mid october and the last weekend in oct and the flexible rare was 1 day with no deposit needed
I suspect with COP26 starting at the end of October glasgow hotel prices will be high ( or sold out) for a few days before the conference.
Thanks, I forgot about COP26.

I was searching for 25 Oct which is not that close to the conference though, and the rate was only £87 which didn't make me think there was a big event going on.

Meanwhile on 30/31 Oct most hotels are sold out or £200+ as would be expected.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was searching for 25 Oct which is not that close to the conference though, and the rate was only £87 which didn't make me think there was a big event going on.

Maybe they only want definite bookings in the run up so that they can security check in advance, to ensure nobody intentionally “leaves” anything behind.
:D! likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:17 pm
cjd

Had a one night stay here on Monday and given a newly refurbished room on the 14th floor. Room very similar to the pictures posted previously with very comfortable bed. Unfortunately there was problems with hot water in the morning and shower was only luke warm. Hotel apologised and gave us a reduction on the room rate and didn't charge us for car parking which was appreciated. The newly refurbished Executive Lounge only opened on Monday evening and was serving beers, wines and spirits from 6pm to 8pm. Canapes were also available to order. Erin in the lounge was very friendly and helpful and let us order from the restaurant and eat in the lounge. Full breakfast available in the morning. Other than the water problem, we enjoyed the stay
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:17 am

25th & 26th was supposed to be Bon Iver at the Hydro but it’s been postponed. I’ve seen them put the prepay restriction on in the past when there have been events on at the Hydro so its possible they haven’t lifted the restriction when lowering the rates when it was cancelled.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.