Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Glasgow {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
It’s the lounge back in the ground floor cupboard, where it was since they moved down from the top floor?
I take it this is a question, not a statement?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Staying here now. Nicely refurbished although not many rooms have baths apparently. Nice new exec lounge BUT the drinks and nibbles from 5 to 7 are now done via waiter service, only beers and wine laid out. Very slow to get food due to need to order.
I wonder why so many Hilton’s in the UK suddenly switched to this, the DT Glasgow
is the same. Surely it isn’t cost saving, yes likely a little less is enjoyed, but I know in the case of the DT Glasgow it now requires 2 staff members to operate the 6-8pm offering, vs 1 member previously when it was self service.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I wonder why so many Hilton’s in the UK suddenly switched to this, the DT Glasgow
is the same. Surely it isn’t cost saving, yes likely a little less is enjoyed, but I know in the case of the DT Glasgow it now requires 2 staff members to operate the 6-8pm offering, vs 1 member previously when it was self service.
I’m not a fan of this new system, give me a cheeseboard, some crackers , grapes and dips/nuts and I’m happy .
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by adobbing
Is the lounge back in the ground floor cupboard, where it was since they moved down from the top floor?
No, new location now next to the restaurant. Spacious. Last time I stayed it was on the left as you came in behind reception.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by pazza2000
On their menu card there was a bit about less waste. Seems more like cost paring to me.
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:46 pm

No, new location now next to the restaurant. Spacious. Last time I stayed it was on the left as you came in behind reception.
So the same location as the temporary lounge was (which was also used as a breakfast room)?

Basically straight ahead when you come in the main entrance and to the right, behind the bar?

Is it still the same space, or have they actually turned it into a lounge?
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
On their menu card there was a bit about less waste. Seems more like cost paring to me.
I’m sure it’s cost paring or else trying to stop the issue which I (and others) have been talking about on this forum for ages - a few people eating all the food (or taking it to their room) and getting completely smashed on the “free” alcohol.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
I see this on the website, sounds like they are getting near the end of the project:

"As part of the last phase of our ongoing renovation, the pool and gym are closed until 22nd December 2022. Selected gym equipment is available in two rooms on level 2, guests are required to sign in and out at the Front Desk. From 19th to 22nd December no alternative gym will be available.
Resurfacing of the car park ramps is taking place from 21st to 29th November inclusive. The car park is accessible, but a one-way system is in place.
To minimise any noise, works are contained to specific areas and take place between 9 am and 6 pm during the week and 11 am - 6 pm on weekends.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding!"
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:08 pm

Can anyone confirm the location of the lounge, and if it is now actually a lounge, or just an area used as a substitute for a lounge in the evening only?
adobbing likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
When I stayed in the summer the lounge was the area of the old restaurant that was franchised out "The tartan <something>". It's been remodelled and is a lovely bar/dining/breakfast (for Diamonds) space and no longer a full-time restaurant. The hotel has converted the front area of their bar to have dining tables as their new in house restaurant. It looks pretty permanent but can be sure.

For Exec lounge, beer and wine set up with limited soft drinks at entrance of area. It's waiter service for other drinks but we had no issues ordering double Hendricks and fever tree light as often as desired along with the meat/veg/dessert plates that were so/so.

In the morning, Exec lounge users are directed to this area to eat breakfast rather than the main breakfast room. It's still buffet but you are served your hot drinks and toast choice at your table. Anything else that can be brought to you they are eager to help.

Hoping to stay here between Christmas and New Year and can advise if there are any changes

Alison
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 5:02 am
cjd

Originally Posted by kkong42
Can anyone confirm the location of the lounge, and if it is now actually a lounge, or just an area used as a substitute for a lounge in the evening only?
As AliB above states, the lounge is located behind the restaurant/bar area, adjacent to the breakfast room. It's been in this location since we stayed there in September 2021. The lounge is now open all day from 6.30am to 8.30pm on weekdays and from 7am to 8.30pm on weekends. Breakfast can be taken there by Exec room and Diamond guests or in the breakfast area, which is nearer the buffet food. During the day, soft drinks, coffee and tea are available as well as some crisps and biscuits. Evening aperitifs are served from 5pm to 7pm and include, wines, beers, ciders and cava sparkling wine. Spirits are available on request. Food options are waitress served and include a hot option, cold meats, a veggie option, salad and a dessert option. On our visit last week over several days, food included, duck, chicken teriyaki skewers, onion bhajis, samosas and some nice cakes. Some guests ordered restaurant food and ate this in the lounge. Prefer the option of self service such as we recently had in Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, but that's the way they operate here. Staff were very friendly and helpful and you could order more food if required.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Does anyone know if all guest rooms have been now fully refurbished? I'm planning a stay here in January, but would maybe consider going elsewhere if there is a risk getting an 'old' room.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:20 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Eyrie
Does anyone know if all guest rooms have been now fully refurbished? I'm planning a stay here in January, but would maybe consider going elsewhere if there is a risk getting an 'old' room.
Yes, all rooms now refurbished. They are currently refurbishing the gym and leisure pool which is due for completion at the end of December.
wizla and Eyrie like this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Thanks for confirming!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Do Gold guests get invited to the lounge at this hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.