FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Glasgow {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:32 am
cjd

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Staying here tonight, place is currently sold out. Seem to have been upgraded from a Queen room to a King. Managed to get a decent rate on points, glad I did as last week the "cheap" rooms were selling at £350+!!

Interesting they have reopening the lounge only on Monday's. Maybe they are just bedding things in. Is it in the original location, or have they ended up moving it as planned?
Didn't realise that the Exec Lounge was only open on Mondays. We were told that it just reopened last Monday. It was very quiet with only about 8 people in the lounge. It's quite a few years since we were there and the last time the Exec lounge had moved from the top floor to a depressing windowless room downstairs on the ground floor. This new lounge was a very pleasant room with windows to the right of the "Tart and Lobster" sign. The breakfast area was to the left of that sign. The main restaurant was opposite the reception area. Hard to believe prices of £350!! We were told that we had a Queen bedded room but I was fairly sure it was a King bedded room. Beginning to wonder now what the Hilton UK definition of Queen and King beds are? I always thought King beds were 6ft(Super King) and Queen beds were 5ft(King) with Doubles as 4ft 6ins(Double).