Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Glasgow {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I heard the rent is just too high.
Hopefully that can be renegotiated! That whole part of town that hugs the M8 has been struggling for a while now, and the current situation will only compound that.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Hopefully that can be renegotiated! That whole part of town that hugs the M8 has been struggling for a while now, and the current situation will only compound that.
The competition is also increasing with two new Marriott properties at the SECC!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Hi all,

Has anyone heard much about Hilton Glasgow? I wonder if/how the refurb is going. I've emailed them and messaged on Facebook regarding a reservation and have heard nothing from them. I guess staff are all furloughed?

They are still closed, due to open at the end of the month. I have a booking on 1st May in one of the suites. They seem to have now blocked all suites & executive rooms until around 17th May, so who knows what is going on there. I also notice the room type names seem to have changed.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I would also be interested to know ?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:33 am

I don’t think it is that big of a refurb taking place here, albeit certainly should be! I think this place has been struggling with the Doubletree and even the Garden Inn ‘across’ the road offering a superior product in some ways. Hopefully the exec lounge is included any refurb.
simonsmith, :D! and wizla like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:53 am

Notice there is a warning on the website now "Please note that from April - September, 2021 our guest rooms will be undergoing renovation. To minimise noise, the works will be contained to two floors at a time and take place between 9am – 6pm weekdays and 11am – 6pm on weekends. Thank you for your understanding."

I feel I may regret my stay here next weekend

Based on the noise I experience last time, it would suggest it was a fairly major refurb. The lounge is to be included and extended I believe, based on a press release I saw a few months back.

A few renders from the interior designers: https://www.bellandswift.com/hilton-glasgow
Old May 2, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Notice there is a warning on the website now "Please note that from April - September, 2021 our guest rooms will be undergoing renovation. To minimise noise, the works will be contained to two floors at a time and take place between 9am – 6pm weekdays and 11am – 6pm on weekends. Thank you for your understanding."

I feel I may regret my stay here next weekend

Based on the noise I experience last time, it would suggest it was a fairly major refurb. The lounge is to be included and extended I believe, based on a press release I saw a few months back.

A few renders from the interior designers: https://www.bellandswift.com/hilton-glasgow
Please do let us know how the stay went
Old May 3, 2021, 2:35 am

Can you let us know what the lounge situation or timeline is also please.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Can you let us know what the lounge situation or timeline is also please.
+1

Also car parking policy / charges please!
Old May 3, 2021, 9:10 am

Hi all,

Just back from this stay. The hotel only reopened on Saturday.

Refurb
They seem to have refurbed the main ballroom and bar up on the mezzanine. Outside of that, nothing notable has changed yet. They are making their way through the guest rooms. See link above for visuals. I can't say I was bothered by noise, though we were up on the 20th floor. The suite I booked (2009) certainly hadn't been touched and very much needs a refurb..!

Executive Lounge
Lounge is still closed, in-fact that whole side of the hotel appears to be. I was issued with an "Executive Voucher" which entitled each person to 2 x drinks (beer, wine, house spirits) and a platter (meat & cheese or veggie) per day . Below is the meat and veggie option, veggie is a simple salad..

I asked about the reopening. There are no immediate plans, but they are planning on creating an area in the bar post May 17th for executive guests to order using their vouchers. I suspect it will still be the same 2 x drinks and 1 x platter per day.

Longer term, the lounge will never reopen in the original location. I was told they plan to redevelop the whole dinning and bar area, with a portion of the current dinning area being used as the lounge. That could be a big plus if it happens, as there are at least windows on that side of the building.
Old lounge will be a meeting room, or possible a restaurant which it was originally many years ago.

Take the above with a pinch of salt. It seemed somewhat fluid and possibly still at planning stage...

Breakfast & Room Service
The breakfast service is order at the table. They request you book a time. The service on both days was chaos, this morning in particular everyone around us was moaning about something being wrong, missing, late etc. The breakfast service is rarely flawless here, but hopefully they get it back to a sensible level in coming weeks.

They have a new menu for room service & the bar. I tried the burgers which were pretty good. Room service generally was prompt and well organised.

Breakfast Menu: https://online.pubhtml5.com/cchv/waaf/#p=1
Room Service/Bar Menu: https://online.pubhtml5.com/cchv/fyhb/#p=1

Parking
Parking charged at £12 per night, so no changes there.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:06 am

Nice review, doesn’t sound like there will be an executive lounge of sorts on offer here for sometime!

Last edited by pazza2000; May 4, 2021 at 10:09 am
Old May 4, 2021, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Thanks for the well balanced review.

...and for cheering up my day with the idea of haggis, black pudding and bacon as the vegan option on the breakfast menu
pazza2000 and Schwann like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Thanks for the well balanced review.

...and for cheering up my day with the idea of haggis, black pudding and bacon as the vegan option on the breakfast menu
Ha, how very Glasgow do them!

Off topic, I appreciate the frequent discussion here on the several Hilton properties in Glasgow. In the Marriott forum you are lucky to see the occasional mention of a London hotel.
adobbing likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was an Italian restaurant called Roberto's wasn't it? I can't remember exactly. I wonder which hotel will be first to re-open the lounge, DT or here.

I remember the steam working in the suite shower circa 2016/17.
Old May 4, 2021, 2:34 pm

Previous Restaurant

Originally Posted by hugolover
It was an Italian restaurant called Roberto's wasn't it? I can't remember exactly. I wonder which hotel will be first to re-open the lounge, DT or here.

I remember the steam working in the suite shower circa 2016/17.
Shimla Pinks Indian Restaurant at one point. It was very good being operated by a local Indian restaurant owner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.