Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by TDV
I can confirm that the shuttle to/from Shinjuku station is back. It runs every twenty mins from about 8am-9pm.
Great news!! Wonder how many "hitchhikers" we'll have from the Hyatt.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: HH, *G
I'm going to tokyo in about 3 months (Finally!), 5 nights at the Hilton Tokyo, and 3 nights at Tokyo Bay for some Disney fun.

Right now, I'm trying to think about the best ways to get to and from the hotel.

* Now that the shuttle is running, it seems the Nartia Express direct to Shinjuku should be the easiest route, right? I don't mind train transfers, but prefer not to do it with luggage.
* Tokyo Disney is at Mirahama Station, which does not seem to have a direct line to Shinjuku. What would folks recommend? I don't mind paying a bit more for a car, but I have my limits.

We probably won't try to have too much luggage, but I really can't predict how much shopping might go on.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 3:57 pm

From narita I would assume the limousine bus is running again to the Hilton, soon. And timings should slowly increase from March if they don’t currently work out. No need to book too far ahead.

I would do this as simplest option with kids and luggage (I assume kids with disney but maybe not?)

then Hilton Tokyo to Tokyo bay depends on how much luggage you have.
could take a few trains, there is a cross town express so you only have to change once, IIRC, if you get the times right.
otherwise send luggage ahead with takyubin and then train it.
or just grab a single taxi and be done with it.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:03 am
TDV

Originally Posted by mball
Now that the shuttle is running, it seems the Nartia Express direct to Shinjuku should be the easiest route, right? I don't mind train transfers, but prefer not to do it with luggage.
Easiest would be taking the airport bus as it takes you to the hotel directly. Be aware that if you're arriving at NRT in the afternoon that it takes about 2 hours to Hilton Tokyo due to rush hour traffic.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

In my room now ( check in at 1215)
check in agent said they would have upgraded me to a Jr suite but no availability but offered me a half bottle of wine or a box of chocolates. They gave me a 1pm checkout on Sunday as I move to the conrad
Room is fine ( shower only) with views over the city park and to the west.
Overall good so far
Tbs
Book through Hilton? What room and rate?
I was there in a booked Executive King just last August and was told the same thing. My observation was the hotel was only half full.
I did get a top floor room that I requested though.

Unlike the afternoon snacks the evening snack selection is very good with a number of cold and hot items including sushi. Soup.also available ( minestrone today)
small cakes and ice cream is also available.
Good selection of alcohol although it is only sparkling shardonnay

I think I prefer the lounge breakfast as I did not like the marble lounge set up for breakfastwith steps to the seating area, my seat being under the spiral staircase so seemed a bit darker than other tables and the breakfast layout being triangular
breakfast in the lounge was very good with omelets made to order but the orange juice machine has gone.
Overall a hood enough stay and very good value for the price paid bit not keen on the upgrade policy.
Tbs
In August it was very different.
They did not have any sushi and the alcohol selection was just beer. Basically nothing that multiple people could touch although they were still encouraging the plastic gloves...(sigh)
The lounge breakfast was only offered on Sundays during this time, but it wasnt anything to write home about. My experience left me grateful that I could go to the Marble room the other days and get a proper breakfast.

Overall it sounds like the hotel is back up to par, but looking at bookings right now on Hilton.com for March and what they want is outrageous. I think I will wait until into January and see if the prices go down.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi I had booked a premium room through hilton.com ( rate was about Y30k oer night ( had booked just before the official opening up.with no guided tours requirement announcement)
rates in March may be higher due to the sakura season
regards

tbs
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Booking another trip to Tokyo, I’m wondering if this hotel will honor Diamond benefits booked for two connecting rooms? (I understand that the benefit is one by terms, I’m asking if in practice the hotel has extended benefits to two rooms)
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:12 pm

Had good experience preCovid at Hilton Tokyo for a 2 night stay.
Was upgraded to junior suite as Diamond.
Also given a drink coupon for the bar

The bus shuttle was quite useful but doesnt run often I think
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH, *G
Originally Posted by Cynicor
From narita I would assume the limousine bus is running again to the Hilton, soon. And timings should slowly increase from March if they don’t currently work out. No need to book too far ahead.

I would do this as simplest option with kids and luggage (I assume kids with disney but maybe not?)

then Hilton Tokyo to Tokyo bay depends on how much luggage you have.
could take a few trains, there is a cross town express so you only have to change once, IIRC, if you get the times right.
otherwise send luggage ahead with takyubin and then train it.
or just grab a single taxi and be done with it.
Thank you! No kids, just two of us. But I'm a life-long Disney fan (grew up in SoCal).
Right now we get in around 7pm after a somewhat long layover in TPE, so our goal will be to eat and sleep. The limousine seems like the best option probably.

Takkyubin is cheaper than I expected so that's probably a good option, too.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Had good experience preCovid at Hilton Tokyo for a 2 night stay.

The bus shuttle was quite useful but doesnt run often I think
Anyone have the bus schedule and pickup point location at Shinjuku station?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Anyone have the bus schedule and pickup point location at Shinjuku station?

Hi,

A 1 year old post from here Where exactly does the Tokyo Hilton shuttle stop... (tripadvisor.com)

It is stop 21 by the keio department store .

Look for the West exit from shinjuku station ( you may have to walk up 1 flight of stairs to the main street level). This was the same location as in 2019 when i last used it ( did not use it in November 2022 when I was last there)

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:21 pm

Hi,

A 1 year old post from here Where exactly does the Tokyo Hilton shuttle stop... (tripadvisor.com)

It is stop 21 by the keio department store .

Look for the West exit from shinjuku station ( you may have to walk up 1 flight of stairs to the main street level). This was the same location as in 2019 when i last used it ( did not use it in November 2022 when I was last there)

Regards

TBS
If it's the same location as 2019 I know where. BTW I was there in October and the Bubble Tea shop behind the bus stop which always had a long line is gone. It's a bakery/sandwich shop now. Looked delicious. Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:42 pm

We just stayed at Hilton Tokyo for 3 nights using points. We booked for 3 people and received a triple room with 3 single beds. Got access to executive lounge because of Diamond status. The hotel was nearly or fully occupied. It was a pleasant stay.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by mkpkmp
We just stayed at Hilton Tokyo for 3 nights using points. We booked for 3 people and received a triple room with 3 single beds. Got access to executive lounge because of Diamond status. The hotel was nearly or fully occupied. It was a pleasant stay.
How were the offerings in the EL? More or less back to pre-pandemic levels?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPBanker
How were the offerings in the EL? More or less back to pre-pandemic levels?
Hi Was here in november after japan had reopened

Breakfast - back to pre covud levels as far as I could tell

Afternoon- limited cakes but with an ice cream machine. ( cut back since pre covid) evening snacks - good selection (Better than at the conrad) . Maybe a small cutback but still good regards tbs​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.