Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by booogle
I made some single night reservations at Hilton Tokyo in2024 with our corporate leisure rate. The cancellation rights were cancel same day by 6pm and I didn't have to leave a credit card, I got the email confirmations.

Some of the reservations have changed on the hilton app. Some show the rate info and allow cancellation as you'd expect, but some do not show any rate or payment information and say "this reservation cannot be cancelled". If I click on the "reservation cannot be cancelled text", it says "past cancellation deadline, free cancellation before 6pm local hotel time xx-xx-2024" and gives an option to call hotel. If I look at these specific reservations on the desktop browser, they again don't show any rate or payment info and just say "Contact customer care at +81 3-3344-5111 for assistance with this reservation" at the top of the screen. Anyone any idea what is going on here?
I've had the same happen to one of my bookings in October. I think it happens when the hotel accesses your reservation and makes a change or note to your reservation. You can just email them to cancel and they will without charge. I emailed [email protected]
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by david119h
I've had the same happen to one of my bookings in October. I think it happens when the hotel accesses your reservation and makes a change or note to your reservation. You can just email them to cancel and they will without charge. I emailed [email protected]
I have had this happen often to my bookings at Hilton properties after the property touches the res in some way. The HHonors desk can also cancel them without problems.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex points, Hilton Honors, Avis,
We are staying for 4 nights next week and was wondering if Diamond Members get free access to the buffet bfast or only get access to the Executive Lounge?

Thanks

​​​​Wylie
Old Sep 2, 2023, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by wylie99
We are staying for 4 nights next week and was wondering if Diamond Members get free access to the buffet bfast or only get access to the Executive Lounge?

Thanks

​​​​Wylie
Hi,

You get access to both. (so you can try both ( even on the same day 1 after another)

Not sure if the separate Japanese breakfast is still free for Diamonds

Whilst the buffet restaurant had a larger selection, I found the seating a bit weird ( placed almost under the circular staircase and was a bit darker). The arrangement of the serving stations sometimes led to a bit of congestion but it was a very good buffet. Can get busy later on/weekends

The lounge had an omelet/egg station chef and was very good. From a couple of tables in the further away room you may even see Mt Fuji in the distance on a clear day

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 2, 2023 at 4:01 am
Old Sep 2, 2023, 9:09 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by wylie99

Thanks

​​​​Wylie
Both. Crowds vary in the buffet (Marble Lounge) but the food choices are unparalleled. So much to choose from…I never bother with the executive lounge. A lot of the staff have been at the Marble Lounge for years. Nice men & women and work hard to maintain food readiness.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 12:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex points, Hilton Honors, Avis,
Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Both. Crowds vary in the buffet (Marble Lounge) but the food choices are unparalleled. So much to choose from…I never bother with the executive lounge. A lot of the staff have been at the Marble Lounge for years. Nice men & women and work hard to maintain food readiness.
That's Great!
It's nice to have both options.

​​​​​​
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Not sure if the separate Japanese breakfast is still free for Diamonds

Is the Japanese breakfast still being done/returned? I thought I remembered reading it had been discontinued a while back.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I am a Hilton Gold member and thinking if I should book this hotel for my gold benefits (room upgrade and breakfast)?

Also, is the benefit extended to the other 2 guests staying with me? (We are 3 in total). Is usually travel as a couple and even though I’m the only one having gold - my companion benefitted from this but not sure if it works for 2 guests?

thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruiwy1
I am a Hilton Gold member and thinking if I should book this hotel for my gold benefits (room upgrade and breakfast)?

Also, is the benefit extended to the other 2 guests staying with me? (We are 3 in total). Is usually travel as a couple and even though I’m the only one having gold - my companion benefitted from this but not sure if it works for 2 guests?

thanks!
Hi,

You may have a chance of an upgrade ( but behind diamond) and hotel can get full at times . On the app the day before arrival I got an upgrade offer for Y3000pn from premium to executive ( I took it in the hope of a further upgrade to a jr suite . At check in they said they were full so no further upgrade but got a small box of chocolates). Room was on the top floor and faced Shinjuku central park and to the south west ( made a nice change from my normal shinjuku skyscraper view) and could see the very top of Mt fuji above the building close by- better view from one table in the executive lounge)
you will get the full breakfast buffet in the Marble lounge ( not sure if you will get breakfast for 3)

That said, it is a good hotel and in a good location to explore Shinjuku and the western central tokyo area . Number of metro lines close by and can walk underground if needed to JR Shinjuku station. Liked the gym and the pool

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 10, 2023 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 7:52 am
duo

What is an average rate now days for this hotel? Been many time before but not for a few years.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by duo
What is an average rate now days for this hotel? Been many time before but not for a few years.

Hi

I think anything under Y40,000 per night might be considered good.

I have seen rates for early december / mid jan for y32,000 ( these will be non refundable) but also rates at Y 55,000 in mid April

Regards

Tbs
managed to get the conrad on points for my Dec stay and staying at the new yokohama hilton (cheaper than the tokyo hilton)

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 14, 2023 at 10:40 am
Old Oct 14, 2023, 10:31 am
duo

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I think anything under Y40,000 per night might be considered good.

I have seen rates for early december / mid jan for y32,000 ( these will be non refundable) but also rates at Y 55,000 in mid April

Regards

Tbs
Thanks Prices have defo gone up since my last trip but everything has.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I'm wondering what is the enforcement for corporate rate usually like at this hotel? I found a terrific Accenture rate of 28.5k/night in mid-Nov. Not sure how strict they actually care about it, though.
(Disclaimer: I am a consultant who provides external services to Accenture)
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antebellum
I'm wondering what is the enforcement for corporate rate usually like at this hotel? I found a terrific Accenture rate of 28.5k/night in mid-Nov. Not sure how strict they actually care about it, though.
If you don't have proof that you are Accenture like a business card, forget it. Japan follows the rules and ymmv.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by antebellum
​​​​​​That rate is for a standard room and it comes with +23% (service and tax) on top, still good, I know.

As an external service provider to Accenture, officially, you are not eligible to use the rate, it doesn't cover externals, contractors, etc. If you are in Tokyo on Accenture (e.g. a project) related business, have your Accenture contact make the booking for you via the corporate travel portal or get a letter from them that this is Accenture business related. Of course no one can stop you from "risking" it.

I have stayed a few times and have been asked for company identification, but YMMV. The ANA IC near the Accenture office is also very switched on about checking the corporate credentials as the rates are specially negotiated ones well below the usual chainwide corporate discounts that go from 15-20% usually depending on stay duration.

Last edited by demue; Nov 7, 2023 at 8:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.