Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Nishi-Shinjuku is a quick taxi ride from HND, about 30 minutes through the Yamate Tunnel and a fare of 6-7,000 yen. The convenience and flexibility can easily be worth the cost.

If you don't have heavy luggage it's also fairly easy to take the monorail to Hamatsucho and then the Oedo Line to Tochomae, which is 1 block from the Hilton with an underground connecting passage (or you can go through the Hyatt Regency lobby and cross the street to get to the Hilton). The monorail is certainly the most scenic way to come into the city.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Many thanks

Will be arriving at haneda at 1030 so the 1105 is doubtful with the 1205 probably manageable
I will have a large suitcase on this trip ( need to take home tokyo banana and Japanese kitkats

when leaving tokyo the following week I will be leaving from the conrad so will take a taxi to the monorail station and then monorail to haneda ( did that in Jan 2019 and was manageable) - even got a glimpse of Mt fuji between the buildings in the sunlight

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 20, 2022 at 8:20 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
when leaving tokyo the following week I will be leaving from the conrad so will take a taxi to the monorail station and then monorail to haneda ( did that in Jan 2019 and was manageable) - even got a glimpse of Mt fuji between the buildings in the sunlight
I have done taxi between Hilton Tokyo and Haneda Airport, and monorail/taxi between Conrad Tokyo and Haneda Airport.

Haneda Airport - Hilton Tokyo is 1300 yen by Limousine Bus and 9250 yen (7300 fixed taxi fare + 1950 express way toll) by taxi. I just took a taxi from Hilton Tokyo to Haneda Terminal 3 and this was what I paid. I think it is a personal choice between Limousine Bus or taxi.

Just one thing about doing monorail/taxi between Conrad Tokyo and Haneda Airport. Hamamatsucho station is currently under the construction. 40 story World Trade Center Building which was located right at Hamamatsucho station is currently being demolished to build a new building at the site. Also, there is a work on a pedestrian bridge which connect east side of the station. I have not been to Hamamatsucho station since the construction has started, but it is possible that the current Hamamatsucho station is less friendly with people with luggage compared with before the construction.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I have done taxi between Hilton Tokyo and Haneda Airport, and monorail/taxi between Conrad Tokyo and Haneda Airport.

Haneda Airport - Hilton Tokyo is 1300 yen by Limousine Bus and 9250 yen (7300 fixed taxi fare + 1950 express way toll) by taxi. I just took a taxi from Hilton Tokyo to Haneda Terminal 3 and this was what I paid. I think it is a personal choice between Limousine Bus or taxi.

Just one thing about doing monorail/taxi between Conrad Tokyo and Haneda Airport. Hamamatsucho station is currently under the construction. 40 story World Trade Center Building which was located right at Hamamatsucho station is currently being demolished to build a new building at the site. Also, there is a work on a pedestrian bridge which connect east side of the station. I have not been to Hamamatsucho station since the construction has started, but it is possible that the current Hamamatsucho station is less friendly with people with luggage compared with before the construction.

Hi,
Thanks for that
I have been up the World Trade centre to the 40th floor observation deck several times in the past as you could walk all the way round ( unless there was a wedding reception going on) with great views of tokyo bay and the Kyu shibarikyu gardens and the shinkansen trains from above as well as Tokyo tower ( originally on a clear day you could see Mt fuji also but an adjacent building built more recently has removed the view). .In November 2019 they had decorations by the windows. Whilst at the conrad I may take a walk past and see how the Hamamatsucho station is for luggage ( flight is at 1230 ( in business) so planning on leaving the conrad at 0900 or 0930 to get to Haneda by 1000 at the latest)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:35 pm

which hotel is better?

Here is our itinerary for next April ( hope to see Sakura ): land in NRT from the USA around noon time, plan to stay in the Tokyo area for 3 nights, then catch Shinkansen to Kyoto for 5 nights, and leave from Osaka back home. Currently have reservations at the Tokyo Station Hotel and Hilton Tokyo, need to decide which to keep/cancel. Any suggestion or experience?

Background info: mid-50s couple and will have 1-2 checked(depending on how much the wife wants to pack), and 2 carry-on luggage. Carrying luggage going through the train/subway transfer and steps is not our thing anymore.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by liw5215
Here is our itinerary for next April ( hope to see Sakura ): land in NRT from the USA around noon time, plan to stay in the Tokyo area for 3 nights, then catch Shinkansen to Kyoto for 5 nights, and leave from Osaka back home. Currently have reservations at the Tokyo Station Hotel and Hilton Tokyo, need to decide which to keep/cancel. Any suggestion or experience?

Background info: mid-50s couple and will have 1-2 checked(depending on how much the wife wants to pack), and 2 carry-on luggage. Carrying luggage going through the train/subway transfer and steps is not our thing anymore.

Hi,

I have not stayed at the Tokyo Station hotel but it is a more historic building than the Hilton
Tokyo station is handy for the Imperial Palace, Ginza etc where as Hilton is more suited for the shinjuku/ shibuya area.

From NRT, you could take the limosine bus ( hopefully the timetables will improve by april as services have been cutback until now due to entry restrictions) or the Narita express to Tokyo station ( some narita express trains continue to shinjuku but the hilton shuttle bus from shinjuku station has been discontinued) The narita express has plenty of luggage storage space although you have to use elevators at Tokyo station as the Narita express platforms are at the lowest level
Do not take a taxi from NRT to central tokyo as it will be $$$$ ( ie $200++)

To go to kyoto i would consider using the baggage delivery service from the hotel ( ie deposit it at the staffed counter the day before going to kyoto- check with the hotel for timings) then just travel on the Shinkansen with a carry on/rollerboard) and your luggage will be at the hotel in kyoto

Lots more information on Japan transport in the japan forum here on FT

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-509/

Regards

TBS
joejones and liw5215 like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:21 pm

I think if staying in Tokyo is only for 3 night, splitting it to two hotels may not be efficient
(for example unpacking/packing baggage, hotel checking in and checking out etc need to be done twice').

For the transportation from NRT, take Narita Express to Shinjuku and then take taxi should be another option.

Sending the baggage to Kyoto before you checking out the hotel on Tokyo is a good idea.
In the case of Yamato, it takes two days from Tokyo to Kyoto (if the destination is an accommodation - similar in case of Airport).
I guess they want an extra day to make it secure that your baggage is there when you check-in to the hotel.
(there maybe other companies sending your baggage in a day ..)
I tried their estimation service with a sample case of sending a bag from Hilton Tokyo to Roku Kyoto today
and the bag will be "available" on Oct 23.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The direct bus from Narita to the Hilton currently runs every hour or so in the afternoon. If that isn't available for some reason, I'd say the best way to the Hilton is to take a bus to the Shinjuku bus terminal ("Busta") and take a taxi from there -- this is a very easy transfer as the bus arrives right next to the taxi stand, and it's all indoors so you don't even have to go out in the elements. Also the bus attendants will put your larger luggage in the cargo space under the bus, while on the Narita Express you have to take it on and off the train and stash it in the luggage compartments yourself.
liw5215 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
The direct bus from Narita to the Hilton currently runs every hour or so in the afternoon. If that isn't available for some reason, I'd say the best way to the Hilton is to take a bus to the Shinjuku bus terminal ("Busta") and take a taxi from there -- this is a very easy transfer as the bus arrives right next to the taxi stand, and it's all indoors so you don't even have to go out in the elements. Also the bus attendants will put your larger luggage in the cargo space under the bus, while on the Narita Express you have to take it on and off the train and stash it in the luggage compartments yourself.
Thank you guys for the information! is the station for the shinkansen to Kyoto easily accessible from Hilton Tokyo?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by liw5215
Thank you guys for the information! is the station for the shinkansen to Kyoto easily accessible from Hilton Tokyo?
i took Shinkansen from Tokyo station yesterday. U can catch marinouchi line short walk underground from Hilton. Very easy, just avoid rush hour. I was told taxi approx 4000 yen. Shinagowa I think you need to take Yamanote line from shinjuku station. By then Hilton shuttle to shinjuku should be operational but that’s one extra step. I was told taxi to shinagowa would have cost 5-6000 yen.

Shinagowa station smaller so easier to maneuver but I had no problems finding Shinkansen area of Tokyo station from marinouchi line exit. If you take taxi tell driver you prefer Shinkansen entrance to station.

I echo to send your luggage in advance form hilton to Kyoto hotel. If you give luggage by 3pm day before it will arrive in Kyoto likely before u do and hotel will place it in your room to be waiting for you. My 30” duffle cost 1680 yen to ship. Best deal in Japan. As I recall from previous trips there is very tiny discount shipping more than one bag to same location.

and when buying train tickets you may want to request seats on Fuji-san side for good view.

SIDE QUESTION: when I passed Mt Fuji yesterday there was no snow on crown. First time I’ve seen that. Is that normal for this time of the year or global warming?. It looked eerie.

Last edited by fmkgb; Oct 20, 2022 at 3:53 pm
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:32 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Anyone ever have a child (9 YO here) stay with you at this hotel? Do they provide rollaways?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:01 am
TDV

Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
Anyone ever have a child (9 YO here) stay with you at this hotel? Do they provide rollaways?
They can provide you a rollaway bed for an extra charge per day. I can’t remember how much, but if you email the front desk they will give you a quote.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Paid upgraded now on app

hi
Arriving tomorrow.
No free upgrades and highest premium room is floor 19.
Offered king executive for y4500 or king executive suite for y27500pn

took the king executive and selected a room on the 35th floor ( there was a room on the 38th floor but it was a king) as my original rate was reasonable but given I will be out for a lot of the time the suite did not seem worth it.
will see if I get a complimentary upgrade at check in tomorrow ( 13 hr flight from fra to haneda in a few hours)
regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 31, 2022 at 1:56 am
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

In my room now ( check in at 1215)
check in agent said they would have upgraded me to a Jr suite but no availability but offered me a half bottle of wine or a box of chocolates. They gave me a 1pm checkout on Sunday as I move to the conrad

Room is fine ( shower only) with views over the city park and to the west.

Overall good so far

Lounge has a few bowls of savory items and also m&ms as well as fresh fruit.
evening drinks from 1730 to 1930 with a 1hr limit if it gets crowded.
afternoon tea is limited compared to precovid with 2 types of cake only that I can see plus the savouries that were out earlier.
there is an ice cream machine( ie get a pot of ice cream from the fridge.
,peel the lid of the bottom then put it in the machine and it pours it out . Flavours were vanilla strawberry and green tea. Toppings such as almonds, marshmallows and sprinkles are provided
no issues getting a 40min pool session for 5pm this evening
Gym.does not require a booking

Unlike the afternoon snacks the evening snack selection is very good with a number of cold and hot items including sushi. Soup.also available ( minestrone today)

small cakes and ice cream is also available.
Good selection of alcohol although it is only sparkling shardonnay
Evening hours are 1730 to 1930. The lounge was busy at 1830 but was shown to a table with no delay
Regards

Tbs
2nd November
Breakfast downstairs was busy with people waiting so went to the lounge which was a lot quieter. ( people said that there was a convention so it was worse than normal.. I think I prefer the lounge breakfast as I did not like the marble lounge set up for breakfastwith steps to the seating area, my seat being under the spiral staircase so seemed a bit darker than other tables and the breakfast layout being triangular
breakfast in the lounge was very good with omelets made to order but the orange juice machine has gone.
I got a table with a view of Mt fuji and it was a pethe rfect cloudless morning with Mt fuji covered in snow( from my room just coukd make out the top part of the cone as it peaked above the building.
also saw the sun set close to fuji
able to book the pool for 5pm on Friday ( tomorrow I'm doing a day trip to kamakura so don't know when I will be back)
no issues booking the pool.for Saturday at 5pm ( nice sunset from the room and lounge at 430pm)
lounge is busier today and being 1 perzon you may get a counter seat and some counter seats face the wall so do not have a view.
Saturdays soup is vegetable and bacon ( can't see any bacon in it)

Overall a hood enough stay and very good value for the price paid bit not keen on the upgrade policy.

Regards

Tbs
Alawyer, xiphoid76 and MP001 like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 5, 2022 at 4:13 am
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:33 pm
TDV

I can confirm that the shuttle to/from Shinjuku station is back. It runs every twenty mins from about 8am-9pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.