Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:32 am
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by mkpkmp
We just stayed at Hilton Tokyo for 3 nights using points. We booked for 3 people and received a triple room with 3 single beds. Got access to executive lounge because of Diamond status. The hotel was nearly or fully occupied. It was a pleasant stay.
Hi mkpkmp,
May I know if you booked for 2 people (so the 3rd person staying free)? Or you needed to book for 3 people exactly?
Did you specify you needed 3 beds?
I am thinking of bringing 2 seniors to stay there, but am confused if we can get a triple room.
Many thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We also just completed a stay for 3 persons. Booked as three ...we were upgraded to a larger room and had a rollaway for third bed. We were told there would be a daily charge for roll away but it wasn't on the bill. Great stay ..Great location. Easy to get pretty much anywhere and small subway station basically attached to hotel. Don't miss the observation deck of the metropolitan govt building 3 buildings away. Free and open until 10 pm. Great fir day or night views.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 8:46 am

(pardon the lack of typography/punctuation, working with one hand temporarily)

was just here for 2 nights. I had originally looked to stay at the Conrad but rates were simply out of control there - hopefully that changes over time. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times, so some familiarity to pre-covid service levels.

overall, b+ or even a-

did get a room upgrade unbidden (love the fact that diamond still means something in some regions).I asked if the el was available (I'd been denied entry years ago) and was told of course, but it was closing for the night. made an offhanded comment mildly bemoaning that and immediately phone call was made and I was told it was still going to be open for a short time. I was offered to have my bags taken up to the room for me so I could go to the el directly, but I declined as I had a light load.

went to the room, dropped the bags off and headed to the el.

well, as it turns out that phone call the front desk made was to the el to let them know I was coming. I was greeted by name even before showing my key - they held off on closing the el for me while I gathered a few snacks and drinks. a nice touch and very much appreciated.

there is still masking in the hotel (like the rest of the country at the time of this writing) but in general once sitting in the el the mask goes off until you get up again.

food quality/selection/quantity in the el is generally on-par with pre-covid visits, but maybe a half/quarter step down? nothing to complain about to be sure. You won't be able to have a full evening meal in the el. Breakfast you will probably get close enough.

even before covid there were crowding issues in the el, and now with spacing begin called for it's a bit worse. you were politely informed of a one-hour limit, which I felt was fine but I was sitting next to someone that had arrived only shortly before I had and at some point staff came along with a red "your time is up card" while this person was up getting something. the rush for seats had died down and there was plenty of room so in this case I think some flexibility was called for. this person was a bit miffed for a while then decided to just toss the red card in the trash and simply remained there for another hour. here some staff discretion might pay off.

do note that the el is physically open and lightly stocked with drinks/snacks much of the day/evening.

good lord I love the bedding there and I'm going to try to contact them to see what it is, perhaps I can import one...

transportation (Haneda) notes:

inbound to the hotel I did choose to use the limo bus as this was late Friday afternoon arrival. NOTE: the schedule to the West Shinjuku exit is quite frequent and much more frequent (and faster) than any route that drops you off directly at the hotel. If you are light on bags and can walk (or grab a taxI) then you can save yourself a lot of waiting this way. I also tend to think I could have navigated the monorail and Odeo line easily enough from Haneda to the stop closest to the hotel. Yes, there are 2-3 blocks to walk but it probably would have saved me an hour.

outbound to Haneda was easy; Odeo line from tochomae (track 1) to Diamon/Hammomatsucho which while under construction is still clearly marked which was to get to the Monorail/airport. Express to Haneda is every 15 minutes on the 15 minute marks, and there are elevators where you need them. The PA announcements in Hammatsucho say "Haneda terminal 2" but it stops at all terminals, and drops you right into departures. Saved at least an hour this way and I think total cost was under 700Y.

Overall, a short but quite pleasant stay but I still have yet to see fuji-san from Tokyo. Clearly this is a sign that I need to return.
The _Banking_Scot and Cynicor like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:55 pm

Looks like they increased the nightly award from 70k to 80k in the past week or two without notice...
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:02 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Word from an employer that books us at this property couple times a year: Prices are going way up. From the hotel staff that he deals with on the bookings.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:30 pm

I'm suspicious of anything the Weyland Yutani corp says and does!
;P
Thank for the heads up!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Anyone have the bus schedule and pickup point location at Shinjuku station?

This is the shuttle schedule as of March 2023.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:44 pm
formerly wunderpit

Now that UA got rid of LAX>NRT, I will be flying LAX>HND on UA39. Normally, it wouldn’t phase me as it would be a new adventure for me to get to the Hilton…but this trip just happens to be with wife & daughter in tow. So, for those that fly into HND and stay at this Hilton, what is the best way with all the luggage? I hesitate to take the bus, as it doesn’t go directly to the hotel, correct? We used to have that option from NRT, but I think that service disappeared with the pandemic. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
There is a direct HND-Hilton bus these days. Runs about once an hour.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:25 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by joejones
There is a direct HND-Hilton bus these days. Runs about once an hour.
You've done this recently? This is on the website:

Airport shuttle:
Not available
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:31 pm

I don't see direct, but there are busses:

https://www.airport-bus-alliance.com...lang=en&frto=1
Old Mar 29, 2023, 9:59 pm

The official airport bus schedules are at https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/Top.aspx
Old Mar 29, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
The official airport bus schedules are at https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/Top.aspx
This is the schedule I posted above. It is not direct service.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:05 pm

There is direct service -- scroll all the way to the right (using your link) and you'll see Hilton Tokyo. Or using my link, you choose to/from HND, then find Hilton under Shinjuku as arrival/departure point, and it shows only the buses going to/from Hilton.

Confusion might be that the buses stop elsewhere in Shinjuku before stopping at Hilton, but that is always how it's been. You just stay on the bus until you reach Hilton, then get off.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weyland Yutani Corp
You've done this recently? This is on the website:

Airport shuttle:
Not available
I think that means the hotel does not provide an airport shuttle.

When I went, I took the bus (airport limousine). I had to wait a while at HND for it but it was very convenient. As others mentioned, it makes a few stops and I think the Hilton is the last stop. (Of course, going to HND, the Hilton is at the start.)

They also offered packages where you can buy round trip + a Metro pass at a discount. On the return, the hotel can also sell you the ticket and make sure the bus comes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.