Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by E0503
I have a 5 night stay here coming up. We have 2 rooms booked for us and our 20 yr old daughter. As a Diamond I should be given access to the executive lounge. Any experience with whether they will extend it for both rooms? I've never had a hotel not, but in reading reviews it sounds like maybe I should book one regular room and one executive room. Or any option to buy access for one? I really could care less about which room we are assigned as we have pretty full days planned, but we like the lounge to relax at the end of the night and breakfast.
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Email the property ahead of time and ask if benefits will extend to both rooms
But you do have a good backup plan. Daughter into Exec room, thus EL access, and the other room will have access and most likely upgraded to an Exec room. Other option is to get a Suite with a rollaway bed. Did that with our about same age son years ago. Had access to all Diamond amenities for the three of us, including breakfast downstairs which has much broader amount of offerings, including the made to order noodle soups.
Old Jun 28, 2023, 5:20 pm

I emailed the hotel, but haven't received a reply. The price went down this morning, so I changed her room to executive and saved a bit on our room too! Thx
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by E0503
I emailed the hotel, but haven't received a reply. The price went down this morning, so I changed her room to executive and saved a bit on our room too! Thx
You went with peace of mind route, which is great. The lounge and breakfast are very much worth the upcharge.

As a DP, I stayed here recently in March with two rooms without upgrade to Executive (it was a very busy time) and we all got lounge and breakfast access
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:23 pm

Has anyone stayed recently using the '2nd guest stays free' benefit, and if so did you have any issues? Gold member so hoping we would both still get free breakfast?
Old Jul 2, 2023, 10:04 am

I am a Hilton Gold and I am wondering if anyone has any experience in extending its Gold benefits to the 2nd room they book in Hilton Tokyo (e.g. room upgrade/ breakfast).

I know the T&C states that the complimentary breakfast is only for the Gold member and another additional guest, but I am wondering if Hilton Tokyo offers more.

Last edited by nickchanz; Jul 8, 2023 at 5:37 pm
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by rrrrrr
Has anyone stayed recently using the '2nd guest stays free' benefit, and if so did you have any issues? Gold member so hoping we would both still get free breakfast?
No issues. You will both get breakfast.
rrrrrr likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrr
One benefits that I’ve never had issues with thankfully. I do most booking as 1 guest and add a second guest name to avoid potentially overcharging too.
rrrrrr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just to add, the Hilton Tokyo is much closer to lively entertainment, multitude of restaurants, bars and the like. The Conrad is more upscale, but expect more subdued neighborhoods, although some really fun spots can be found.
I also think the shopping is better Hilton Tokyo and its easily walkable. At Shinjuku station you have three department stores (Keio, Lumine, Odakyu), the grocery stores found in the bottom levels of the department stores, there is the Yodobashi Camera department store (electronics, computers, home audio, camping, hobbies), Record stores (Tower Records, Disc Union, HMV), and then the multitude of designer brand shops. Only thing really missing is the high-end jewelry and some brands only found in Ginza.

My only complaint is that the executive lounge is pretty spartan. It does not compete well with the Conrad or other hotels in general.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:43 pm

We were here several years ago and had a great stay, so we were really looking forward to coming back. What a disappointment! We were upgraded to a “premium” room, which they say is updated/renovated. It’s like a nice Holiday Inn from the mid 1990s, dark wood, small-ish tv. No coffeemaker.

There’s not a single usb port in the room, and when we asked they simply brought us a UK to Japan plug adapter. The clock radio (!) has a phone charger…for an iPhone 6 at best.

The “premium” has been changed to have a tub and a shower. Unfortunately they just stuck a tub in the shower room, which means the shower is incredibly awkward to use as you have to balance one foot in the tub to have a shower. Plus, unlike anywhere else we’ve been in Japan, including walking through small alleys and train underpasses, the shower smells of mildew and mold.

The toilet is the usual bidet style, but it’s incredibly old fashioned. We’ve had better models in train stations and public toilets.

Last time when we arrived we received a fan and a small box of sweets (as Diamond members). This time not even a greeting. No pajamas in the room, and the slippers are barely cloth on cardboard, another big downgrade.

The staff has been pleasant, so that’s something.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Suzzin
We were here several years ago and had a great stay, so we were really looking forward to coming back. What a disappointment! We were upgraded to a “premium” room, which they say is updated/renovated. It’s like a nice Holiday Inn from the mid 1990s, dark wood, small-ish tv. No coffeemaker.

There’s not a single usb port in the room, and when we asked they simply brought us a UK to Japan plug adapter. The clock radio (!) has a phone charger…for an iPhone 6 at best.

The “premium” has been changed to have a tub and a shower. Unfortunately they just stuck a tub in the shower room, which means the shower is incredibly awkward to use as you have to balance one foot in the tub to have a shower. Plus, unlike anywhere else we’ve been in Japan, including walking through small alleys and train underpasses, the shower smells of mildew and mold.

The toilet is the usual bidet style, but it’s incredibly old fashioned. We’ve had better models in train stations and public toilets.

Last time when we arrived we received a fan and a small box of sweets (as Diamond members). This time not even a greeting. No pajamas in the room, and the slippers are barely cloth on cardboard, another big downgrade.

Disappointing to hear as I was thinking of staying here in a few months. How is the exec lounge?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:17 am

The lounge is nice. It's got a beautiful view on both sides. Breakfast is a smaller version of what's available in the lobby restaurant, mostly missing the more traditional Japanese breakfast options. During the day it's lovely and quiet, with coffee, soda, and small snacks (m&ms and goldfish crackers). The evening happy hour from 5:30-7:30 has wide drink options plus a great buffet that can easily work for dinner if you don't feel like going out.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

It hasnt changed at all. Still the same chocolates. The same weird shower and bath arrangement. Only thing different now is you cant smoke in the Jazz Bar.

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Disappointing to hear as I was thinking of staying here in a few months. How is the exec lounge?
The lounge is nice. It's got a beautiful view on both sides. Breakfast is a smaller version of what's available in the lobby restaurant, mostly missing the more traditional Japanese breakfast options. During the day it's lovely and quiet, with coffee, soda, and small snacks (m&ms and goldfish crackers). The evening happy hour from 5:30-7:30 has wide drink options plus a great buffet that can easily work for dinner if you don't feel like going out.
I was there last August 22' & March 23' . They have one egg station that the hotel has a server and will come around to your table to take your order. The buffet area gets a little cramped depending on the time and day.
The view is ok, I am not dismissing the view of Shinjuku and then from the other side of the lounge the view of West Tokyo and Mt. Fuji on a clear day. The decor just doesnt radiate excellence to me, it should be more like the lobby with its marble floors and gold accents. Instead like Suzzin pointed out it kinda feels like a Holiday Inn.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:04 pm
duo

Does anyone know if they give free breakfast when you use the corporate rates?
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by duo
Does anyone know if they give free breakfast when you use the corporate rates?
Depends on what your company negotiated. In the rate on the booking page it will say whether breakfast is included or not.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wierd reservation behaviour

I made some single night reservations at Hilton Tokyo in2024 with our corporate leisure rate. The cancellation rights were cancel same day by 6pm and I didn't have to leave a credit card, I got the email confirmations.

Some of the reservations have changed on the hilton app. Some show the rate info and allow cancellation as you'd expect, but some do not show any rate or payment information and say "this reservation cannot be cancelled". If I click on the "reservation cannot be cancelled text", it says "past cancellation deadline, free cancellation before 6pm local hotel time xx-xx-2024" and gives an option to call hotel. If I look at these specific reservations on the desktop browser, they again don't show any rate or payment info and just say "Contact customer care at +81 3-3344-5111 for assistance with this reservation" at the top of the screen. Anyone any idea what is going on here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.