Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:36 am

Will it be weird picking up free breakfast vouchers for Diamond when the reservation states one adult (but with the name in the comments for the 2nd person)?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:44 am

MY guess is it's a premium room reward, based on the cash price and not a standard award room? Cash price goes up for 2 in many parts of the world.
They are also used to 2nd guest stays free but in most non-USA parts of the world you also don't need breakfast vouchers- it's just rock up and they check you off so it's fine.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stocktc1
Will it be weird picking up free breakfast vouchers for Diamond when the reservation states one adult (but with the name in the comments for the 2nd person)?
Never had any issues at this property with DIA benefits being applied to myself and my wife traveling with me. I always book just one person online, not at just this hotel, but elsewhere as well. No problems.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
No, or just ask for two room keys (if they don't automatically make two). They stamp the inside of your room key booklet and check off breakfast. Not sure what else is on the stamp because I've never been able to read the blurred words.

In any case, just show the booklet with your room number or give your room number to the seating host/hostess or the same with the Executive Lounge upstairs. There's enough in the Executive Lounge for a full breakfast, if not quite as much variety as downstairs.

As Diamond, you also have the option of taking the Japanese breakfast as well but do need to make a reservation the night before.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by rustykettel
That is typical for hotels in Japan to charge for additional occupants. Second guest stays free as a benefit for all Hilton Honors members still applies. Just book for one and put the second person's name in the additional guest box.
Ah crud, totally forgot about this and paid nonrefundable rate for 2pax (4 nights each at Hilton Tokyo and Osaka) ... which seems to be around jpy20,000 extra over 8 nights. Oh well.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by shuigao
Ah crud, totally forgot about this and paid nonrefundable rate for 2pax (4 nights each at Hilton Tokyo and Osaka) ... which seems to be around jpy20,000 extra over 8 nights. Oh well.
You might try calling Reservations and see if they can adjust the rate since the 2nd guest should be free for members. Worse case is they say no.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:59 am

Do they charge for rollaway beds for Diamond? Conrad did without even stating anywhere on the website or hilton app.

**Ok. seems that they do charge but the price fluctuates.

Last edited by Stocktc1; Dec 22, 2019 at 4:39 pm Reason: answered own question
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Do they charge for rollaway beds for Diamond? Conrad did without even stating anywhere on the website or hilton app.

**Ok. seems that they do charge but the price fluctuates.
Yes they do, but on the positive side they seem to provide complimentary breakfast for the extra person in the rollaway based on the Diamond's status. When we had three in a room with a rollaway, we received three breakfasts, even though Diamond is supposed to provide only two breakfasts.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic
Yes they do, but on the positive side they seem to provide complimentary breakfast for the extra person in the rollaway based on the Diamond's status. When we had three in a room with a rollaway, we received three breakfasts, even though Diamond is supposed to provide only two breakfasts.
I'm a diamond and have a room reserved for 2 adults and a child but no rollaway bed. Will they provide breakfast for 3 or lounge access for 3?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Quick report on my stays at Hilton Tokyo this year

Out of 6 stays in total, upgrade results were:
1 x junior suite, then paid to upgrade to tower suite
1 x junior suite
2 x premium king
1 x no upgrade, then junior suite middle of stay (4 nights, split into 2 and 2)
1 x no upgrade

Overall relatively accommodating, however always disappointing to be a no upgrade. If I were to stay in the future I would just book a premium king or above, the bathroom is much much nicer from the premium level onwards.
Tower suite has nothing much over a junior suite, the furnishings/design are the same, just extra space to be honest. I think junior suite is my room for the hotel.
Having said that, rooms at Conrad are a couple of levels above, just need to consider location.

Service is OK. Checked in with the same person for 3 of my stays and he didn't remember me, that's fine. Not sure if they keep a record either, because each time I check in they tell me about the hotel and the area and ask if I have been to the lounge before...

Lounge has been fine, evening spread you get sick of after two visits. The pastries/croissants at the lounge breakfast are great though (different to restaurant).

Will only stay again if I have business in the area and I don't want to stay at the PH
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:40 pm

Upgrade

Did you have to ask for upgrade or just gave it to you ?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Did you have to ask for upgrade or just gave it to you ?
When I stayed last April, they gave me the upgrade without asking. I was a bit surprised since the stay was for five nights, all using points.
dascc likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
3 of the 4 upgrades it was given to me without asking.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by LAChargers
I'm a diamond and have a room reserved for 2 adults and a child but no rollaway bed. Will they provide breakfast for 3 or lounge access for 3?
How old is your child? On their booking website, it says they charge for children 6 years old or older (whom they consider as adults?!?). I think its super obnoxious considering a 6 year old is in no way considered an adult for any purpose in any other context.

"Children under 6 years old can stay free when sharing a bed with parent(s). Guests 6 years and older are considered adults. For triple and quadruple occupancy, extra bed and/or breakfast charge will be required for the additional adult."
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I'm looking for advice on bus vs train from nrt to this hotel. There are 3 of us with non carryon suitcases arriving on a weekday at 5pm in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.