FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2022, 7:24 am
EpsilonZer0

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

In my room now ( check in at 1215)
check in agent said they would have upgraded me to a Jr suite but no availability but offered me a half bottle of wine or a box of chocolates. They gave me a 1pm checkout on Sunday as I move to the conrad
Room is fine ( shower only) with views over the city park and to the west.
Overall good so far
Tbs
Book through Hilton? What room and rate?
I was there in a booked Executive King just last August and was told the same thing. My observation was the hotel was only half full.
I did get a top floor room that I requested though.

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Unlike the afternoon snacks the evening snack selection is very good with a number of cold and hot items including sushi. Soup.also available ( minestrone today)
small cakes and ice cream is also available.
Good selection of alcohol although it is only sparkling shardonnay

I think I prefer the lounge breakfast as I did not like the marble lounge set up for breakfastwith steps to the seating area, my seat being under the spiral staircase so seemed a bit darker than other tables and the breakfast layout being triangular
breakfast in the lounge was very good with omelets made to order but the orange juice machine has gone.
Overall a hood enough stay and very good value for the price paid bit not keen on the upgrade policy.
Tbs
In August it was very different.
They did not have any sushi and the alcohol selection was just beer. Basically nothing that multiple people could touch although they were still encouraging the plastic gloves...(sigh)
The lounge breakfast was only offered on Sundays during this time, but it wasnt anything to write home about. My experience left me grateful that I could go to the Marble room the other days and get a proper breakfast.

Overall it sounds like the hotel is back up to par, but looking at bookings right now on Hilton.com for March and what they want is outrageous. I think I will wait until into January and see if the prices go down.