Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM
Originally Posted by gav0106
Breakfast is full buffet which is very rare these days. Conrad exec lounge is semi-buffet, and Hilton Sukhumvit is order only, Holiday Inn Sukhumvit order only, I was surprised to see full buffet.
Is that still the case here? The page for this hotel on the hilton website has breakfast listed under "Available but with modified service" which sounds like it could be...anything at all really.

Do they still do the whole buffet, with the various stations with different types of food, and you can go around and pick up what you like?

Seems like Bangkok is the center of the Thailand Covid issues these days, so it would be surprising if they're still ok with the old buffet approach.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by arma5
Is that still the case here? The page for this hotel on the hilton website has breakfast listed under "Available but with modified service" which sounds like it could be...anything at all really.

Do they still do the whole buffet, with the various stations with different types of food, and you can go around and pick up what you like?

Seems like Bangkok is the center of the Thailand Covid issues these days, so it would be surprising if they're still ok with the old buffet approach.
A few weeks back it was certainly a full regular buffet in Flow restaurant. Of course these things do change frequently.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 1:55 am

Thanks for the info. Any news on the boat service? Is the sauna operating?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by arma5
Can't speak to this property in particular, but hotels are still offering modified buffets in Bangkok, though they are much scaled back from pre-pandemic offerings, mostly because of the huge drop in guests.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:29 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tiger302
Thanks for the info. Any news on the boat service? Is the sauna operating?
Still no boat service.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by sbams
@ EL Duderito: thanks for the pictures and info. How did you find the new lounge as an experience on the whole? Are there any views? And alcohol, or is that not available at the moment?
The (I hope temporary) lounge is on the ground floor right next to the Flow restaurant. There are new views. You’d have to look through part of the main restaurant to catch the glimpse of the muddy old river.
Regarding alcohol: the PDF menu only had mocktails, but that could have been due to the Queen’s Birthday restrictions. I don’t drink much so I didn’t care to ask.
sbams likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by NoY
A few weeks back it was certainly a full regular buffet in Flow restaurant. Of course these things do change frequently.
My stay was May 26th through 31st and there was a full buffet at Flow.
NoY, Kacee and WasKnown like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone stayed recently? Do you know what they typically upgrade Diamonds to if at all?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:01 am
NoY

Historically they upgraded Diamonds to Executive Rooms not suites. Obviously, suite upgrades do happen from time to time but especially to frequent guests. Paid upgrades to suites can (at times) be very reasonable.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:53 am

I've put in a flexible booking for next week, will see what they upgrade it to. If they upgrade it to a suite, I'll keep the res otherwise cancel.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Sohan
I've put in a flexible booking for next week, will see what they upgrade it to. If they upgrade it to a suite, I'll keep the res otherwise cancel.
Please update regarding suite upgrade or not! I am curious how they treat Diamonds nowadays.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:12 pm

Just cancelled the res. No early upgrade and I decided to change hotel anyway.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I understand hotels are businesses for profit and need to fill out their rooms to achieve that objective. But at the same time, hotel chains are also in the hospitality business and have programs wanting loyalty. Currently at the hotels which filled with Thais using promo (THB 1,700 for deluxe, 2,400 for family suite, and 3,000 for Panoramic suite plus inclusions) to the point that we are pushed down to mid floors facing north. There has to be a pecking order for repeat guests loyal Hilton customers with Diamond status. This is very disapointing despite of the wonderful location, views, and decent breakfast at Flow! We paid the higher online rates but that doesn't seem to move us a bit on the totem pole!
​​​​​​
Chang11 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Indeed it is an ongoing issue. There will be a new round in January as well, where the Government supports Thai's to travel. Of course these benefits are not extended to expats living in Thailand. They assume we are all wealthy and can afford to pay full prices. The Thai's I see staying on the governments expense are all dripping in Gucci, BMW's and Rolex watches. As always the working class get left out. I now generally avoid hotels at the weekends, as they are zoos. I do feel sorry for the front line staff, they are fed up as well, and want the normal clientele back.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:20 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Would like to edit the above regarding rates: my wife tells me that 12/24 and 12/31 are not included in this Thai promo for nationals. This fact was confirmed by the operations manager who directly told me, "why do you think you are entitled to a suite upgrade when we can sell these suites for 30K baht on these nights"! Said manager also told me that we were wrong to think that Diamonds are entitled to a suite upgrade (even when one is available) and in fact this property is doing it by the book. Meaning one category upgrade up to a suite provided availability is there - so if we book the cheapest rate available (deluxe?), we will get upgraded to an executive room (same room actually but higher floor) ... and not to a suite!
CO-PLAT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.