Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Wow! This was much more renovation than I was expecting. Last year when I was there (late October 2019) I stayed in one of the recently renovated panoramic suites. I thought the lobby, pool, and rooms/suites were the extent of the renovations. Did not know they were extending to the restaurants as well.

I hate to see Flow closed, but hopefully it will reopen as something similar. I also hate to see the Exec Lounge moved down from the 31st floor to the 2nd! I always enjoyed the evening cocktails and the (admittedly poor) selection of appetizers while sitting outside over looking the river. I do look forward to trying the new restaurant that is in the works for upstairs. Agreed that the Lounge was very tired looking last year.

While I will miss Prime, I do think the 2nd floor (or maybe it was 3rd) restaurants are in need of a refresh. Last year I dined at Prime and was a solo traveler. I was only one of two tables occupied in the entire restaurant. Both Yuan and Maya were closed when I was there, and looked as if they had been closed for sometime.

Thanks again for the excellent report, and enjoy your stay. This hotel is very special to me. I got engaged there in 2014, and have been back almost yearly since.
The only restaurant open was Maya, although its just a rebadged Yuan, bizarrely. This offers breakfast, which was very good, although virtually empty (& I think they serve dinner here). The Executive Lounge move isn't 100% confirmed but it looks likely - there is some debate going on there apparently - the 31st floor space is crying out for a destination restaurant/bar. Hopefully that won't happen!
The pool was open as normal & the gym too but with limited spaces available etc etc.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Executive Lounge appears to be remaining on 31st floor for now (18-24 months or so) & will receive a (much needed) refresh of soft furnishings & carpeting etc in next few months.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY
Executive Lounge appears to be remaining on 31st floor for now (18-24 months or so) & will receive a (much needed) refresh of soft furnishings & carpeting etc in next few months.
Good news! Did you see the rate drop this week? I'm almost tempted to make another reservation there.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:22 am
NoY

Bargains abound in Bangkok for now. Having just done 3 weeks on the road, staying in hotels, I am certainly done for now. There's no place like home!
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Got a Panorama Suite AND a twin executive room on a high floor for THB 1485++ and 14K Hilton points total per night. Camping here for a week or so - here are my observations:

- The place is hopping with 200 rooms occupied mostly by Thais (85% guests are currently Thais vs. 85% or more of guests were farang pre-Covid).
- Renovations of the 31st floor and the hotel lobby.
- The executive lounge was moved to the left side of Flow.
- The Comped Hilton Shuttle boat has been scrapped for now!
- The eforea Spa has reopened but the little bakery/coffee shop (The Lantern) by the pier has been moved into the hotel lobby.

Construction in the lobby

The makeshift executive lounge taking a section of Flow Restaurant

The Lantern Bakery inside the hotel lobby
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:35 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Kalboz Shuttle boat no longer exists or we now have to pay for it?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by escape4
Kalboz Shuttle boat no longer exists or we now have to pay for it?
No longer exists as not much tourists booking/visiting the property at this time and the Thai guests are arriving by road, as explained to me by one of the managers. He also told me that the property never closed during the shut down (April & May).

The best ways to reach the hotel in addition to traditional modes (car, taxi, etc.) is the Iconsiam free shuttle boat from Sathorn Pier (Saphan Taksin), or the Gold Line from Krung Thumburi BTS Station to Iconsiam and then a walk to the front side. This adds lots of time and effort to reach the property especially if you have to schlep your luggage. So, IMO, the best way to reach the hotel currently with luggage is by car.

Hilton free shuttle boat as it arrived at Sathorn Pier - December 27, 2019
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:34 pm

Oh if it's just a temporary cut then not too bad. That said, due to the location of the hotel on the wrong side of the river a shuttle boat is quite important for stays there. That plus the lounge on the 31st floor relocated, high occupancy of the hotel, etc. I will stay away for now.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 6:16 pm

Wrong side of the river is in the eyes of the beholder!

All indications that the boat suspension is temporary.

Lounge at FLOW seems offering better F&B and with airier atmosphere is a good trade. For views, get a high floor room facing your preferred side of the river.

High occupancy on weekends mostly due to the Thai nationals promotion. It should be quite Sunday-Wednesday.

Christmas sunrise 2019 from the wrong side of the river
8420PR, ENTP and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 6:44 pm
NoY

The Hilton shuttle boat has been suspended for many months now but I am told that it will return. Fingers crossed but let's see..
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Thanks for the update NoY. I had thought about it, but went with Sukhumvit. I work near Iconsiam. Hotels in Bangkok have been busier as restrictions came into place, including the need to do 14 days quarantine in place like Phuket. Killed the Phuket hotel numbers. This could last for a while, many Thai's are very nervous to travel anywhere.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
The Hilton shuttle boat has been suspended for many months now but I am told that it will return. Fingers crossed but let's see..
Indeed, we noticed this on our previous stay on NYE. But during that stay the executive lounge was still on the 31st floor. Hoping for positive changes as I see better service throughout.

Happy hour food last night
Old Jan 24, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Wrong side of the river is in the eyes of the beholder!
For sure, agreed. That said, I would guess for the bulk of visitors to Bangkok at least 80% of where random folks have to go will be on opposite side of Hilton. Not to say that nobody will have business to do on Hilton's side of course, I am just speaking of averages. Personally, when I stay on the 'good side' in fact on occasion I end up having to go to Hilton's side, but the opposite happens far more: staying at Hilton and needing to cross.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
For sure, agreed. That said, I would guess for the bulk of visitors to Bangkok at least 80% of where random folks have to go will be on opposite side of Hilton. Not to say that nobody will have business to do on Hilton's side of course, I am just speaking of averages. Personally, when I stay on the 'good side' in fact on occasion I end up having to go to Hilton's side, but the opposite happens far more: staying at Hilton and needing to cross.
Even before the Iconsiam was constructed, we loved this side because of the unobstructed views of Bangkok and the river, and the location next to Klong San where reportedly there is the best Issan food in Bangkok. Now, with the Japanese supermarket at Iconsiam and many food venues, it's even more of a culinary experience being on this side. Good one-hour foot massage still available at THB 200 or less. But I agree, to each his/her own preference.

Klongsan Plaza market offers some great Issan food

The Sum Tam cart at Klongsan Plaza market (1/23/2021)

Salmon Sashimi at Takashimaya - Iconsiam

From this morning's elevator ride!
NoY and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Even before the Iconsiam was constructed, we loved this side because of the unobstructed views of Bangkok and the river, and the location next to Klong San where reportedly there is the best Issan food in Bangkok. Now, with the Japanese supermarket at Iconsiam and many food venues, it's even more of a culinary experience being on this side. Good one-hour foot massage still available at THB 200 or less. But I agree, to each his/her own preference.
Definitely, every time we stay at Millenium Hilton we grab street food from Klong San plaza and bring back to our room. And the views from the panoramic suites are hard to beat! Regarding the massage I am assuming you are referring to the place right across the big boulevard from the other side of Hilton? I go there regularly, for hair cut as well. Sounds like we have similar favorites around MH
NoY and Kalboz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.