Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 2:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by sbams
Just had 2 stays here last week. Both booked as Family Suite and upgraded to Panoramic. As Diamond the upgrade is primarily the view (Panoramic on the river end of the building, Family at the other end). The suites are otherwise quite similar and the benefits are granted to Diamonds anyway. There are no sofa beds in the Panoramic but one person could sleep on the sofa if you request bedding. Since the renovations the suites also have a 2nd separate toilet on the lounge section.
As far as I know, family suites = 1.0 bath, panoramic= 1.5 bath. Before and after renovations.

The panoramic suites always had 2 toilets and it has nothing to do with renovations. Or do you mean that the family suites now also have the extra toilet since renovations therefore both family + panoramic suites have 1.5 bath now, hence the comment that it's only the view that differs?
Old May 22, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by escape4
As far as I know, family suites = 1.0 bath, panoramic= 1.5 bath. Before and after renovations.

The panoramic suites always had 2 toilets and it has nothing to do with renovations. Or do you mean that the family suites now also have the extra toilet since renovations therefore both family + panoramic suites have 1.5 bath now, hence the comment that it's only the view that differs?
That would be my mistake then. Somehow I didn't recall the 2nd toilet in the Panoramic. IIRC the Family Suites only were called that after the renovation. I do recall staying at the back end of the building a few times but they were then called Executive Suite or something like that. I guess that's where my memory of no 2nd toilet came from.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
That would be my mistake then. Somehow I didn't recall the 2nd toilet in the Panoramic. IIRC the Family Suites only were called that after the renovation. I do recall staying at the back end of the building a few times but they were then called Executive Suite or something like that. I guess that's where my memory of no 2nd toilet came from.
I do not remember the old names precisely, but I have stayed in the suites at both ends of the building before renovations; those close to the river always had 1.5 bath and those at the opposite end only 1.0 bath. I think there is something in the structure of the building (stairwell?) that takes away some space for the half bath on that side of the building which is why I was somewhat surprised that renovations could have changed it.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Pre & post renovations the bathroom facilities have remained constant - Family Suites have 1 full ensuite bathroom & Panoramic Suites have 1 full ensuite bathroom plus separate guest toilet off of the living room.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:17 pm

Just had 2 stays here last week. Both booked as Family Suite and upgraded to Panoramic. As Diamond the upgrade is primarily the view (Panoramic on the river end of the building, Family at the other end). The suites are otherwise quite similar and the benefits are granted to Diamonds anyway. There are no sofa beds in the Panoramic but one person could sleep on the sofa if you request bedding. Since the renovations the suites also have a 2nd separate toilet on the lounge section.

I was happy to be back (used to be a very regular visitor but obviously not so over the past 2 years). The lounge was pleasant (many trainee staff who are not up to speed yet but trying). Breakfast is only at Flow Mon-Fri but also in the lounge at weekends. Otherwise the lounge opens from 10am for coffee and lounging, afternoon tea was very nice and so was Happy Hour (5-7pm). Complimentary pressing was returned quickly. The shuttle boat is not operating.
I booked the Family Suite as well. The app is allowing me to check in now but there hasn’t been an auto upgrade yet. I might as well wait until I arrive at the hotel to check in and hope for an upgrade. I was able to see at least 5 Panoramic suites available for the duration of our stay.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:03 pm

Does Diamond level member get access to the club lounge automatically at Hilton Millennium, if booking a standard room only.
If not, does anyone know how much the hotel charge for upgrade to club level standard room.
Please advise and thank you.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Does Diamond level member get access to the club lounge automatically at Hilton Millennium, if booking a standard room only.
If not, does anyone know how much the hotel charge for upgrade to club level standard room.
Please advise and thank you.
Diamond members have access to Executive/Club lounges at ANY Hilton. Time to brush up on the Terms & Conditions of the program, especially if you are Diamond by way of a credit card (I'm assuming that others who have made it to Diamond have become familiar with the rules on their way up the ladder).
kevino, NoY and Cynicor like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Yes, you will get lounge access, as long as you book through Hilton channels.
kevino and The _Banking_Scot like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Diamonds have automatic access to Club Lounges
kevino likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
In case someone is interested...I am here now and they have started the shuttle boat again... ☺️
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:03 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Delectatio
In case someone is interested...I am here now and they have started the shuttle boat again... ☺️
That's excellent news How's the lounge these days?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:30 am

In August and September the lounge was much the same as it used to be. I found the afternoon tea selections a bit better than in the past, but the evening food offerings a bit more limited than in the past. This may be just my personal preferences.

Breakfast was only available in the lounge at the weekends and was in Flow during the week, presumably due to occupancy levels. I was told the lounge breakfast would be returning full-time from the beginning of November.

Delectatio...is that just the shuttle to Taksin Bridge, or does it also go to River City?
NoY likes this.

Last edited by 11277m; Oct 27, 2022 at 2:36 am
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Originally Posted by 11277m
In August and September the lounge was much the same as it used to be. I found the afternoon tea selections a bit better than in the past, but the evening food offerings a bit more limited than in the past. This may be just my personal preferences.

Breakfast was only available in the lounge at the weekends and was in Flow during the week, presumably due to occupancy levels. I was told the lounge breakfast would be returning full-time from the beginning of November.

Delectatio...is that just the shuttle to Taksin Bridge, or does it also go to River City?
Stayed here for 4 nights earlier this month, and breakfast was available in the lounge as well as downstairs at Flow every day. The hotel's boat shuttle just runs to the Taksin Bridge pier, but there is a separate ferry from IconSiam to River City.
11277m likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:21 pm
NoY

I believe there is still a paid (very inexpensive!) boat that departs from a small pier to the left of the Hilton boat that goes directly to River City.
11277m likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:38 am

Yes, for a very small number of Baht, something like 5 or 10.
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.