Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by olie
Thank you guys for your quick responses. I actually booked the cheapest room because it was also my understanding that this hotel doesn’t provide an upgrade so often. But it’s good to know that the family room could be also an upgrade.
If you don't get executive floor upgrade, they will try to up sale one for you. I forgot how much it was, but something around 600BHT per night. In my opinion that's a good deal. You can recover it by having 2 glasses of wine in the lounge in the evening
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:47 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
My advice would be to book a room you actually want. It saves disappoint and uncertainty. As a long time diamond, I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and know lots of the staff, but still find the upgrades a bit sketchy. Sometimes I get a suite, sometimes I only get the room I book. Its about 60/40 (more often than not) in my experiences at this property.
My advice was pertaining to the potential ability to secure upgrades at this property & my experience supports the advice given.
I have stayed at the property literally dozens of times since it opened in 2008 & they almost always, IME, upgrade one level from the room booked.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
February 2024 Review

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Millennium Hilton BKK. This was our 5th stay overall at the property and the first back since late 2019 just prior to Covid. While it was overall enjoyable, there were certain elements to the stay that have me wondering whether to try somewhere else on our next trip.

First the positives: We enjoyed our usual King Panoramic Suite though was unable to get a room on the "01" side likely due to special requests to view the fireworks for Chinese New Year. That said, our view from 2702 was almost as great. The bed was comfortable and felt the furniture was holding up nicely since the refurbishments in 2018/2019. We enjoyed Flow as always for breakfast and this was our first visit since it was renovated. We had breakfast two mornings at Flow on the days we wanted something more heavy, and then the Executive Lounge the other mornings when we wanted a lighter meal. The Spa treatment itself was as good as I remembered, and the hotel location is still quite unique and convenient despite the long standing complaint of the hotel being on the "wrong side" of the river. The shuttle was prompt to take us to Sapphan Taksin Pier for BTS access. We didn't get picked up from the pier any on this trip as our returns were usually late evening and we just booked a Grab Car. Be My Guest next door is still a wonderful restaurant that I'm happy to see survived Covid, and I highly recommend giving it a try one evening while staying at the hotel. Lastly, the room service menu had been revamped and we quite enjoyed it on our last night.

Now on to the concerning elements: Upon arrival in our suite we noticed a distinct musty/mildew smell. We are used to certain "smells" in Thailand, but this was more noticeable than I can recall ever experiencing at this hotel. We found keeping the AC running constantly helped. Overall it wasn't significant enough to mention to management, it was still not that pleasant. Next, the bathroom cleanliness level was honestly unacceptable for this category of room, or really any in a Hilton property. The shower had signifiant mold as well as under the sink ledge. Surprisingly the jetted tub was the cleanest bathroom element. The Executive Lounge is even more crowded than I recalled in the past. Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I really think the lounge should be limited to Diamonds and guests in Suites. The number of Executive Rooms seems to cause constant crowding. And on a funny note, one evening during cocktail service we sat outside and a bird promptly swooped down and stole my bread bowl with curry. I'll never forget seeing it disappear over the rooftop heading to who knows where. Not the hotel's fault at all - just was a funny incident. We sat inside on our other evenings. The hotel is really lacking restaurants now that Prime, Maya, and Juan have long been closed. With IconSiam next door I'm not sure any will ever return leaving lots of empty space. Flow no longer has a nightly dinner buffet except for Fridays/Saturdays. Other nights it's only a la carte. There was a new brewery style restaurant where The Lantern used to be in between the spa and pier, but we did not try it. Speaking of the Spa, we found the reception to be quite rushed - the treatment itself was great, the front desk staff, not so much.

And lastly, the biggest gripe I have that kind of soured the memory was the email I received after checkout. On our last night we elected to eat in and enjoyed room service. We also used the mini bar for the only time during the trip. We consumed 4 items from it - 2 cokes and 2 whiskeys. We have used the mini bar on previous trips and never had issues. During checkout the next morning the staff asked if we consumed anything from the mini bar and mentioned the items above and she added them to our bill. She did not make the usual phone call asking housekeeping to check. I didn't think much of it as I was honest in what we had consumed. I then paid for the items charged to our room throughout the stay and the bill was settled. Later that evening after getting to Krabi I received an accusatory email from a staff member accusing me of not being honest and that 1 Singha Beer and 1 Vodka had been consumed as well and they were asking my permission to charge my card. I immediately responded in that there must of been a mistake as neither of those were consumed and I re-listed what we had consumed. I did also note that we had moved items around in the mini bar fridge to make room for cold water bottles and perhaps housekeeping failed to see items in their usual place, but we did not consume them. A few days went by with no response until one was finally received from the GM of the hotel apologizing for any confusion and that we would not be charged. So in the end it all worked out, but still didn't leave the most pleasant memory.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Millennium as it is a special hotel for us. We visited it on our first trip to Thailand back in 2014 and have made a point to stay a few nights on every subsequent trip since then. We even got engaged there, so it is indeed special to us. We will likely give it one more try whenever our next trip to Thailand arrives, but will be looking at other options in the meantime.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Millennium Hilton BKK. This was our 5th stay overall at the property and the first back since late 2019 just prior to Covid. While it was overall enjoyable, there were certain elements to the stay that have me wondering whether to try somewhere else on our next trip.

First the positives: We enjoyed our usual King Panoramic Suite though was unable to get a room on the "01" side likely due to special requests to view the fireworks for Chinese New Year. That said, our view from 2702 was almost as great. The bed was comfortable and felt the furniture was holding up nicely since the refurbishments in 2018/2019. We enjoyed Flow as always for breakfast and this was our first visit since it was renovated. We had breakfast two mornings at Flow on the days we wanted something more heavy, and then the Executive Lounge the other mornings when we wanted a lighter meal. The Spa treatment itself was as good as I remembered, and the hotel location is still quite unique and convenient despite the long standing complaint of the hotel being on the "wrong side" of the river. The shuttle was prompt to take us to Sapphan Taksin Pier for BTS access. We didn't get picked up from the pier any on this trip as our returns were usually late evening and we just booked a Grab Car. Be My Guest next door is still a wonderful restaurant that I'm happy to see survived Covid, and I highly recommend giving it a try one evening while staying at the hotel. Lastly, the room service menu had been revamped and we quite enjoyed it on our last night.

Now on to the concerning elements: Upon arrival in our suite we noticed a distinct musty/mildew smell. We are used to certain "smells" in Thailand, but this was more noticeable than I can recall ever experiencing at this hotel. We found keeping the AC running constantly helped. Overall it wasn't significant enough to mention to management, it was still not that pleasant. Next, the bathroom cleanliness level was honestly unacceptable for this category of room, or really any in a Hilton property. The shower had signifiant mold as well as under the sink ledge. Surprisingly the jetted tub was the cleanest bathroom element. The Executive Lounge is even more crowded than I recalled in the past. Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I really think the lounge should be limited to Diamonds and guests in Suites. The number of Executive Rooms seems to cause constant crowding. And on a funny note, one evening during cocktail service we sat outside and a bird promptly swooped down and stole my bread bowl with curry. I'll never forget seeing it disappear over the rooftop heading to who knows where. Not the hotel's fault at all - just was a funny incident. We sat inside on our other evenings. The hotel is really lacking restaurants now that Prime, Maya, and Juan have long been closed. With IconSiam next door I'm not sure any will ever return leaving lots of empty space. Flow no longer has a nightly dinner buffet except for Fridays/Saturdays. Other nights it's only a la carte. There was a new brewery style restaurant where The Lantern used to be in between the spa and pier, but we did not try it. Speaking of the Spa, we found the reception to be quite rushed - the treatment itself was great, the front desk staff, not so much.

And lastly, the biggest gripe I have that kind of soured the memory was the email I received after checkout. On our last night we elected to eat in and enjoyed room service. We also used the mini bar for the only time during the trip. We consumed 4 items from it - 2 cokes and 2 whiskeys. We have used the mini bar on previous trips and never had issues. During checkout the next morning the staff asked if we consumed anything from the mini bar and mentioned the items above and she added them to our bill. She did not make the usual phone call asking housekeeping to check. I didn't think much of it as I was honest in what we had consumed. I then paid for the items charged to our room throughout the stay and the bill was settled. Later that evening after getting to Krabi I received an accusatory email from a staff member accusing me of not being honest and that 1 Singha Beer and 1 Vodka had been consumed as well and they were asking my permission to charge my card. I immediately responded in that there must of been a mistake as neither of those were consumed and I re-listed what we had consumed. I did also note that we had moved items around in the mini bar fridge to make room for cold water bottles and perhaps housekeeping failed to see items in their usual place, but we did not consume them. A few days went by with no response until one was finally received from the GM of the hotel apologizing for any confusion and that we would not be charged. So in the end it all worked out, but still didn't leave the most pleasant memory.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Millennium as it is a special hotel for us. We visited it on our first trip to Thailand back in 2014 and have made a point to stay a few nights on every subsequent trip since then. We even got engaged there, so it is indeed special to us. We will likely give it one more try whenever our next trip to Thailand arrives, but will be looking at other options in the meantime.

Last edited by pure12345; Mar 5, 2024 at 7:39 am
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pure12345
I am sorry your ego was hurt. Hope you are well healed now. I had an injury in a resort (not Hilton or any major brand) last year, and until now I have not said a thing in any place, not google review, not TripAdvisor, not here. ( well, it’s here now. But I didn’t mention the name). I thought of the consequence to the staff and the hotel owner, and the gain to myself ( probably none), so I ask myself to have the disciple of zipping up. Time will heal your ego, you will be fine.
I am confused with this statement that the OP's ego was hurt? In what way was this implied - at least not how I read it. The OP was just expressing his/her opinion and incidents during the stay.
But yes - I do agree with the GagaPilot here - this property is indeed a love/hate relationship - it's not perfect and especially how the hotel is managed which I believe a lot of guests here love to hate, but on the other hand, there are few things that does even make us forgive these cons to return.
For my last stay - things did not go as perfect as I had wish it would have, but still based on other factors, I would still not hesistate to return to this property. The only change that will be the last straw for me would be if management decide to move the Exec lounge from the current location.

Cheers!

Btw: on a side note - if there was any reader staying at the property mid-Feb and was at the Exec lounge, during this period I really pitied the lounge staff as they had to deal with an elderly guest which smelled of urine. From the looks of it, he was there for a long term and was there during afternoon tea and evening hours. Not trying to shame anyone, but it was just so unacceptable that he did not notice it himself as it could be smelled 2 tables away in the rotunda area of the lounge and later I found that he was even staying on my floor by the smell (and confirmed as I spotted him one day in the hallway). It was just not a one off incident, as when I returned a few days later to the property this guest was there and the same situation. I do also wonder what about his room - poor cleaning crew.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will there be issues to take 3 adults in the lounge? Is the supplement still 600 THB?

Strange that the standard and premium rooms can take 3 adults, but the Exec just two, I assume this is a cop-out to avoid granting 3 adults access to the lounge as I am sure the rooms are all the same size... Another red flag is the family suite confers no lounge access, which is very unusual for a room called "suite".
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by hugolover
Will there be issues to take 3 adults in the lounge? Is the supplement still 600 THB?

Strange that the standard and premium rooms can take 3 adults, but the Exec just two, I assume this is a cop-out to avoid granting 3 adults access to the lounge as I am sure the rooms are all the same size... Another red flag is the family suite confers no lounge access, which is very unusual for a room called "suite".
On my last visit 600THB was indeed charged for a guest. My guest was external and not a 3rd person in my room.

The Family Suite is my preferred booking option if I want to practically guarantee a Panoramic Suite as an upgrade. As Diamond I receive lounge access anyway, even if I would stay in the Family Suite which is otherwise very similar to the Panormaic. I actually find it very creative of the hotel to have a suite sized room aimed specifically at a family who want the sleeping arrangement but maybe not the lounge access. At least it is displayed very clearly in the room description to avoid misunderstandings.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbams
On my last visit 600THB was indeed charged for a guest. My guest was external and not a 3rd person in my room.

The Family Suite is my preferred booking option if I want to practically guarantee a Panoramic Suite as an upgrade. As Diamond I receive lounge access anyway, even if I would stay in the Family Suite which is otherwise very similar to the Panormaic. I actually find it very creative of the hotel to have a suite sized room aimed specifically at a family who want the sleeping arrangement but maybe not the lounge access. At least it is displayed very clearly in the room description to avoid misunderstandings.

No “Exclusive Lounge” 😂
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hugolover

No “Exclusive Lounge” 😂
Considering how busy that lounge always seems to be, it's definitely not exclusive. 🤣
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a 3 night stay here last week. Upgraded to an Exec floor room - which was fine as I'm not too bothered about a suite upgrade. Other than an issue with our coffee machine in room everything else was great. The exec lounge breakfast was really solid, Flow was a great place to enjoy the views while eating too. Staff were generally excellent and several of the team in the exec lounge really went beyond in terms of welcome and help. Grab worked flawlessly to get to and from the hotel, and having IconSiam on hand for shopping and eating was great.

For sure it's no Capella, but for 40,000 HH points a night I was very happy with the property.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Mar 26, 2024 at 8:50 am
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Had a 3 night stay here last week. Upgraded to an Exec floor room - which was fine as I'm not too bothered about a suite upgrade. Other than an issue with our coffee machine in room everything else was great. The exec lounge breakfast was really solid, Flow was a great place to enjoy the views while eating too. Staff were generally excellent and several of the team in the exec lounge really went beyond in terms of welcome and help. Grab worked flawlessly to get to and from the hotel, and having IconSiam on hand for shopping and eating was great.

For sure it's Capella, but for 40,000 HH points a night I was very happy with the property.
Capella?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I suspect that was meant to read "For sure, it's no Capella".
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I suspect that was meant to read "For sure, it's no Capella".
But what is Capella? I get that it's a star in the sky, but is it also meant to imply something incredible. Not familiar with the expression
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by sbams
But what is Capella? I get that it's a star in the sky, but is it also meant to imply something incredible. Not familiar with the expression
It's a small hotel chain including one of the most upmarket hotels in Bangkok.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's a small hotel chain including one of the most upmarket hotels in Bangkok.
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.