Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
They won't serve alcohol in the afternoon in the lounge. Soft drinks and coffee/tea only until happy hour.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I had an enjoyable stay last week. Was pre-upgraded to an Executive room. On arrival, before published check-in time, no Executive room was available yet. As to my knowledge the difference is only a high floor, we chose to immediately receive the booked Premium room. As a Diamond, you can go directly to the Executive Lounge on the 31st floor for check-in.
Room size is a bit on the small size IMHO. Also did not like in a Twin room that the bathroom is not completely separated from the bedroom; there is a shutter.
Service across the board was friendly and accommodating.
Was most impressed with the breakfast offering and quality. Very good for a Hilton! Broad choice in cuisines. Got a ‘Diamond’ card on the table. Not sure what this was for, other than for receiving a small platter with a random bite to eat every morning.
Lounge offerings on the other hand were weak, in both quality and assortment. I don’t expect much from a general Executive Lounge nowadays. Did notice that during the weekend, Afternoon Tea was self-serve. On weekdays, one would get a stand with one of each sweet and savoury bite per person.
Location fit our needs (leisure visit) very well. Stone’s throw from IconSiam, ferry to Rivercity and the hotel boat every half an hour to Sathorn Taksim BTS. Wouldn’t hesitate to return.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The strong point of the lounge is not F&B but rather the views
restlessinRNO and Delectatio like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Can someone say something about the wifi speed? Need to work via remote desktop and would love to work on this site of the river.
Last time I worked from Bangkok I stayed at the Lancaster and they had superb wifi. Then relocated to Sofitel and it was absolutely terrible.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:21 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
The strong point of the lounge is not F&B but rather the views
Agreed! Sitting outside provides one of our very favorite views.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Have an upcoming stay in a few weeks. Any opinions on if it is quicker to take the usual hotel boat to Saphan Taksin BTS or walk over to either of the two new stops on the Gold Line (Charoen Nakhon near the mall or Khlong San). Assuming those are open, of course. Haven’t been since 2019 so trying to figure out the most efficient way.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Have an upcoming stay in a few weeks. Any opinions on if it is quicker to take the usual hotel boat to Saphan Taksin BTS or walk over to either of the two new stops on the Gold Line (Charoen Nakhon near the mall or Khlong San). Assuming those are open, of course. Haven’t been since 2019 so trying to figure out the most efficient way.
I preferred taking the boat to/from Saphan Taksin. Gold Line service, at least from my visit, ‘only’ runs every 15 minutes whereas the green line was about every 2-3 minutes. So whenever the boat arrives, it’s a quick transfer. Do take into account there is a one hour period during the day, I believe around 1PM, that the boat does not run due to refueling.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, it depends on how long you wait for the boat. The Gold Line transfer at Khrung Thon Buri is easy but requires exiting the fare gates and walking a few meters to the Gold Line fare gates. The Gold Line can be empty or very full. It travels slowly bc it turns a quick corner near Thon Buri Station. Not sure of the easiest down escalator, elevator, or stairs to get to the Hilton, but probably it's best not to enter Iconsiam, esp. if the elevator at the BTS Station is working. Then you have to walk 1/2 a block in front of Iconsiam to the Hilton entrance and then the walk down the long driveway to the hotel. The Gold Line has air con, but if you enjoy the boat ride like I do, I'd agree with Ralph that the boat is better, esp. if you are not in a hurry.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:46 am

What’s the best way to go to Ko San area from the hotel?

Originally Posted by kevino
Yes, it depends on how long you wait for the boat. The Gold Line transfer at Khrung Thon Buri is easy but requires exiting the fare gates and walking a few meters to the Gold Line fare gates. The Gold Line can be empty or very full. It travels slowly bc it turns a quick corner near Thon Buri Station. Not sure of the easiest down escalator, elevator, or stairs to get to the Hilton, but probably it's best not to enter Iconsiam, esp. if the elevator at the BTS Station is working. Then you have to walk 1/2 a block in front of Iconsiam to the Hilton entrance and then the walk down the long driveway to the hotel. The Gold Line has air con, but if you enjoy the boat ride like I do, I'd agree with Ralph that the boat is better, esp. if you are not in a hurry.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by kevino
I assume though you cannot do the ferry with a large suitcase?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
You can do the ferry with a large suitcase. It's not easy, but lots of people do it. The hardest part is walking down the stairs from the BTS with the suitcase. The escalator at Saphan Taksin BTS goes up, not down.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:04 am

Hello, we’re planning to travel to Bangkok in the middle of March. Which room should I book with HH Gold status to get a possible upgrade to the King Executive Room? The hotel offers a King Premium and a King Family room, which is a quite bigger and more expensive than the King Premium. But we are two so I actually want to book a “standard” premium room. If I kindly ask the management in the email about a possible upgrade, will they count the family room as an upgrade or the King executive room?
What is your experience with the room upgrades for HH Gold members last year / this year?
Thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:16 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by olie
Hello, we’re planning to travel to Bangkok in the middle of March. Which room should I book with HH Gold status to get a possible upgrade to the King Executive Room? The hotel offers a King Premium and a King Family room, which is a quite bigger and more expensive than the King Premium. But we are two so I actually want to book a “standard” premium room. If I kindly ask the management in the email about a possible upgrade, will they count the family room as an upgrade or the King executive room?
What is your experience with the room upgrades for HH Gold members last year / this year?
Thank you!
I would book one level directly below the room you want & hope for the upgrade. No guarantees of course.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
I would book one level directly below the room you want & hope for the upgrade. No guarantees of course.
My advice would be to book a room you actually want. It saves disappoint and uncertainty. As a long time diamond, I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and know lots of the staff, but still find the upgrades a bit sketchy. Sometimes I get a suite, sometimes I only get the room I book. Its about 60/40 (more often than not) in my experiences at this property.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
My advice would be to book a room you actually want. It saves disappoint and uncertainty. As a long time diamond, I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and know lots of the staff, but still find the upgrades a bit sketchy. Sometimes I get a suite, sometimes I only get the room I book. Its about 60/40 (more often than not) in my experiences at this property.
Thank you guys for your quick responses. I actually booked the cheapest room because it was also my understanding that this hotel doesn’t provide an upgrade so often. But it’s good to know that the family room could be also an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.