Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
In case someone is interested...I am here now and they have started the shuttle boat again... ☺️
Excellent news. Thanks for the update. We are planning to check in there early next week and I'll assume it's still running unless anybody has information to the contrary.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by NoY
I believe there is still a paid (very inexpensive!) boat that departs from a small pier to the left of the Hilton boat that goes directly to River City.
Correct
JacobNL likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:40 pm

Hello,

We are planning to stay here between 30 December to 1 January, and looking for ideas to celebrate new year. We asked the hotel and their event is outrageously expensive at 22,000 THB (around $630) per person. We are looking for a place with some bites, drinks, music and fun. Does anyone has any ideas close to the hotel?
We checked the river cruises but they look very touristy and not something we are interested in.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:08 pm

No idea, sorry, but ... do they include at that price??!!
Originally Posted by freefalcon
Hello,

We are planning to stay here between 30 December to 1 January, and looking for ideas to celebrate new year. We asked the hotel and their event is outrageously expensive at 22,000 THB (around $630) per person. We are looking for a place with some bites, drinks, music and fun. Does anyone has any ideas close to the hotel?
We checked the river cruises but they look very touristy and not something we are interested in.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Hello,

The best view of the Iconsiam fireworks extravaganza will be from the river.

While many of the boats are "touristy", this was highly recommended to me by the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok concierge for a New Years dinner cruise, and is certainly a cut above:

https://www.pruekcruise.com/the-cruise/
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
No idea, sorry, but ... do they include at that price??!!
Here is the menu concierge provided for the Hilton Millenium
https://issuu.com/bangkokhilton/docs...ther_2022_menu
https://shop.line.me/@bangkok.hilton/product/1003278901
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
The best view of the Iconsiam fireworks extravaganza will be from the river.

While many of the boats are "touristy", this was highly recommended to me by the Waldorf Astoria Bangkok concierge for a New Years dinner cruise, and is certainly a cut above:

https://www.pruekcruise.com/the-cruise/
This boat and their dining menu looks really good! And the price on the website was showing 4,900 THB per person inclusive of drinks. Than I called the place to make reservation and they said the price for new years eve is 19,900 THB (~$570) per person. Thank you for your suggestion! I would do a regular weekend tour with this boat, but new years price seems a bit too much for me.
Cynicor likes this.

Last edited by freefalcon; Dec 13, 2022 at 1:01 am
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:49 am

Crazy prices all around it seems. They don’t even tell you what the drinks served are.

If it was good NV champagne you’d still want to do 4 bottles to get some value!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Hello,

That's the going rate everywhere with a view of the fireworks, and you also must have a booking for this event. We have spent the past 6 or so NYEs at this property and that's the best way to go.

If your room is facing Saphan Taksin bridge, the best place would be your room - just get the food and beverages from the nearby Japanese market (Siam Takashimaya) and not only you will save a bundle but also superior food and libations. Having a suite facing the bridge is even better ...
We also have done the dinner cruise, it's another way to experience the culture ...

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Dec 18, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Yesterday, spoted the Hilton boat passing by the old customs house ...

Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Yesterday, spoted the Hilton boat passing by the old customs house ...

Always enjoyed that boat ride to and from the Taksin BTS station
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
Always enjoyed that boat ride to and from the Taksin BTS station
Passed by last night again on my way to town!

Not sure if we have a dedicated thread for the upcoming Hilton Garden Inn nearby. Yesterday, and without any fanfare, the mall under the property opened for business with a huge supermarket under the ground floor. The mall staff informed me that the hotel will open in April-May of this year but they did not have any further information. Direction to the hotel's FD is confusing. the elevator says the hotel is on the 1st floor, while the floor info sign by the escalator says it's on the ground (G) floor. As we all know, ground and first floors are not the same in Thailand. Otherwise, shiny clean new place with Etihad-looking livery colors on the outside - not sure if there is any connection!

kevino likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any Restaurant Updates?

Does anyone have any updates on if/when the Millenium Hilton will be opening any new dining options inside the hotel? Looks like the only ones left are Flow, The Beach, and The Lantern. I remember the days of Yuan, Maya, and Prime, (all gone now) the latter of which seems to have closed during covid.

Planning to visit in early 2024 for the first time since 2019. Can’t wait!
Old Jun 28, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
We recently stayed here. As HH D, breakfast and lounge access free, of course. For the benefit of others, the charge for a guest joining us for b/f was 700 THB and executive lounge 1000 THB net pp. Breakfast at the ground level Flow Restaurant is lovely. Huge food selection, lovely view of the river. Evening lounge offerings though are very modest. Nice views though. Happy Hour is 5-7 pm. Perhaps this encourages folks to dine at the Flow Restaurant, where Friday and Saturday buffet dinner is 1800 THB net. (Other days dinner is a la carte.) 😊
Old Jun 28, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
We recently stayed here. As HH D, breakfast and lounge access free, of course. For the benefit of others, the charge for a guest joining us for b/f was 700 THB and executive lounge 1000 THB net pp. Breakfast at the ground level Flow Restaurant is lovely. Huge food selection, lovely view of the river. Evening lounge offerings though are very modest. Nice views though. Happy Hour is 5-7 pm. Perhaps this encourages folks to dine at the Flow Restaurant, where Friday and Saturday buffet dinner is 1800 THB net. (Other days dinner is a la carte.) 😊
Thanks for the overview. Yes, sitting outside in the rooftop lounge provides one of our very favorite views in the whole world.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Funny to read this because I just e-mailed them yesterday. We are planning another stay in November and a friend is coming with us this time so I asked them what our options are if we take an extra guest - meaning 3 adults in a room (I booked a base room on points for 5 nights for 2 adults):Their reply:
"If you booked for 2 persons stay and as a valued Diamond member, we can offer you the following special upgrade rates + additional 3rd person for your consideration:

• Additional 3rd person at THB 1177 net per night including breakfast, executive lounge and extrabed.
  • Room supplement upgrade to Panoramic Executive suite at THB 3178 nett per night."
Quiet pleased with this, I asked them to update the reservation :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.