Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I'm here now and it's my first time in Thailand.

Thought the hotel is great so far. I landed at 1pm and made it here by 2.30pm. The reception took me up to the exec lounge for check-in. Gave my afternoon tea whilst processing everything and when I was done took me to my room. No suite upgrade but didn't ask or care, got an exec view upgrade on 27th floor which is nice.

They said can have breakfast in the lounge but is more American offering or downstairs in the main restaurant which is international. So I'll go down there in the morning.

I'm up now 2am as had jetlag but there is a 24hr 7/11 store right in front of the hotel, just across the road.

I'll explore the ICON mall tomorrow and do a little of the other side on the free ferry service. But then I think I'll be moving to the Park Hyatt just as I want to try lots of hotels here to understand all the areas.

But this is a solid choice and I would recommend to others first time.
Delectatio likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I'm here now and it's my first time in Thailand.

Thought the hotel is great so far. I landed at 1pm and made it here by 2.30pm. The reception took me up to the exec lounge for check-in. Gave my afternoon tea whilst processing everything and when I was done took me to my room. No suite upgrade but didn't ask or care, got an exec view upgrade on 27th floor which is nice.

They said can have breakfast in the lounge but is more American offering or downstairs in the main restaurant which is international. So I'll go down there in the morning.

I'm up now 2am as had jetlag but there is a 24hr 7/11 store right in front of the hotel, just across the road.

I'll explore the ICON mall tomorrow and do a little of the other side on the free ferry service. But then I think I'll be moving to the Park Hyatt just as I want to try lots of hotels here to understand all the areas.

But this is a solid choice and I would recommend to others first time.
Unless you want to eat every single thing you can think of in the morning (noodles, congee and all things Asian) then the Lounge has a lovely offering, with a fantastic view and quiet surroundings. Down at Flow it can be a zoo and the view is nowhere near as good as up in the lounge. Do both if you want to. Enjoy your first time, I think my counter has hit 80 times by now and I still love being there (just returned last week).
worldiswide likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:02 pm

planning to book a 1 night stay for family of 4 as I transit through Bangkok.

1st year I've got HH Gold so a few questions.

Is it likely for HH Gold to get room upgrade if visiting in March (planning to book family suite)? not a big deal for such a short stay, but saw some older posts mention upgrade.

I think Gold would cover breakfast for 2. I saw above that for breakfast guest would be 700THB.. would it be same price for kids as well? If it's the same, I might as well book room with breakfast since difference is < 700THB
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by sbams
Unless you want to eat every single thing you can think of in the morning (noodles, congee and all things Asian) then the Lounge has a lovely offering, with a fantastic view and quiet surroundings. Down at Flow it can be a zoo and the view is nowhere near as good as up in the lounge. Do both if you want to.
Experiences differ. On a recent stay, I would not describe the Flow Restaurant as a “zoo”. Yes, it was busy, but well managed, with some available tables, both inside and outside restaurant. Great food selection with view of the river. 😊
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Elvasoshexai
planning to book a 1 night stay for family of 4 as I transit through Bangkok.

1st year I've got HH Gold so a few questions.

Is it likely for HH Gold to get room upgrade if visiting in March (planning to book family suite)? not a big deal for such a short stay, but saw some older posts mention upgrade.

I think Gold would cover breakfast for 2. I saw above that for breakfast guest would be 700THB.. would it be same price for kids as well? If it's the same, I might as well book room with breakfast since difference is < 700THB
The only realistic upgrade you could get from a Family Suite is to a Panorama Suite, the difference being the view and 1 extra toilet. And Lounge access (for 2). Not sure whether that would be useful for you as you would either have to pay for the children or leave them in the room. Not sure of the breakfast price for the children but you could always ask the hotel or wait for posters with experience. Enjoy Bangkok and your trip!
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:58 am

I enjoyed the breakfast in Flow. I think next time I want to go in the evening watching ships passing at night.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Experiences differ. On a recent stay, I would not describe the Flow Restaurant as a “zoo”. Yes, it was busy, but well managed, with some available tables, both inside and outside restaurant. Great food selection with view of the river. 😊
Old Sep 23, 2023, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sbams
The only realistic upgrade you could get from a Family Suite is to a Panorama Suite, the difference being the view and 1 extra toilet. And Lounge access (for 2). Not sure whether that would be useful for you as you would either have to pay for the children or leave them in the room. Not sure of the breakfast price for the children but you could always ask the hotel or wait for posters with experience. Enjoy Bangkok and your trip!
If you book the reservation for 4 people and get upgraded to a lounge access room then the lounge access would be for all 4 people.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Agreed! In fact, considering all of the Hilton properties where we've stayed around the world, it's one of our very favorite Hilton breakfast venues. YMMV.
restlessinRNO and worldiswide like this.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
It really is a nice breakfast - tons of options. One of the nicest buffets out there. I mean, the Waldorf Bangkok is crazy good quality but FLOW has nothing to be ashamed of. The river view is nice, it's not too crowded, and everything is hot and of good quality. Lots of fresh cooked stations, etc.
Here's a (admittedly poor) vertical video of a run through the facility if you're interested in what it looks like this year:
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:32 am

Wink

The live jazz at the top floor jazz lounge is very nice too.

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
It really is a nice breakfast - tons of options. One of the nicest buffets out there. I mean, the Waldorf Bangkok is crazy good quality but FLOW has nothing to be ashamed of. The river view is nice, it's not too crowded, and everything is hot and of good quality. Lots of fresh cooked stations, etc.
Here's a (admittedly poor) vertical video of a run through the facility if you're interested in what it looks like this year:
https://youtu.be/QRsl1WN2Yag?si=KWFYGTY29Hp4OKyg

Last edited by pure12345; Sep 25, 2023 at 12:41 am
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: hilton
How's the upgrade from base room for diamond ? Possible to get a suite upgrade?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:07 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by purr9
There are tons of experiences regarding your question up-thread....
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:03 am

Don't count on it
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Usually just an executive room, but it's worth mailing them to ask about cash upgrades, usually it's quiet reasonable to pay extra to guarantee a suite.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Is alcohol only for happy hour in the lounge or for afternoon tea as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.