Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Delectatio
I can't agree more...
The spacious breakfast restaurant (including terrace with lovely river views), the views from the executive lounge terrace, the location/views of the hotel...
All things the Conrad doesn't have (I hate their cramped restaurant with underwhelming breakfast service).
The executive lounge food at the Conrad might be better but if there is one destination where I am not interested in eating dinner in an executive lounge, it is definitely Bangkok!
And I love taking the shuttle boat :-)
The Hilton properties in BKK is one of the most controversial topic here in my feeling...
To me I have a love-hate relation with this property - they fail in quite a number of points, but the points made by Delectatio is what I like about this property compared to the Conrad(which I stayed once about 3 years ago) and the other Hilton properties in BKK.
As long as the price is not too crazy, I will close a blind eye to the downside of this property (even though in general I would not recommend this property, but i really don't see any alternatives if you're into Hilton's)

Cheers!
restlessinRNO, NoY and more4less like this.

Last edited by nldogbert; Dec 19, 2019 at 2:20 am
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:49 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I can't agree more...
The spacious breakfast restaurant (including terrace with lovely river views), the views from the executive lounge terrace, the location/views of the hotel...
All things the Conrad doesn't have (I hate their cramped restaurant with underwhelming breakfast service).
The executive lounge food at the Conrad might be better but if there is one destination where I am not interested in eating dinner in an executive lounge, it is definitely Bangkok!
And I love taking the shuttle boat :-)
Absolutely right! Totally agree with everything you say there! ^ :-:
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:50 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Here is my current situation: Booked 12 nights using a mixture of cash & points - 10 nights family suite and 2 nights of Panorama suite (booked what I could find) for 2 adults and our 2 children. Total expense 570K HH points plus ~ $220. Got 6 nights of family suite and 6 nights panorama suite due to availability. This make it being upgraded 4 out of the 12 nights or 34% upgrade rate - an accomplishment IMO considering it is the busy season and they are fully booked through NYE. Hilton program T&C state that upgrades are space-available. Regardless, this is a great value nowadays as many Bangkok properties won't allow 4 persons bookings especially during the holidays.

Executive Lounge: sure, mediocre F&B but again the views and the location are unbeatable. But, IMO, their F&B is superior to that of the Hilton Sukhumvit. For alcohol beverages, they only serve 5 kinds of non-premium liquor plus beer and wine. The staff are hit or miss with some are miserable while others are exceptional and will go above and beyond the call of duty, such as Nuch and Wink. Teatime is available for early afternoon snacks and beverages. Seating is available indoors or outdoors with expansive views of the river and Bangkok skyline.

Breakfast at Flow: tremendous Diamond benefit as we are allowed breakfast buffet (but not a' la carte) the verity, ingredients, the preparations, and the service are all top notch. Dining by the river is the icing on the cake. I have watched the staff manage the waves of guests showing up to partake breakfast and they always performed flawlessly. The buffet fare typical of most top notch Bangkok properties with fruits, salads, cereals & breads, cheeses, cured meats, eggs station with accompaniments, sweets & pastries, noodle station, Thai and Asian foods including Miso soup and assortment of Taki, etc.

Conrad used to have comparable rates before and during the renovations. But since the rates are almost double that of the MH - I checked! F&B at the lounge is better at the Conrad but that's about all. The location is a meh and the views are common at many other central Bangkok properties - ie nothing special.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Breakfast at Flow: tremendous Diamond benefit as we are allowed breakfast buffet (but not a' la carte) the verity, ingredients, the preparations, and the service are all top notch. Dining by the river is the icing on the cake. I have watched the staff manage the waves of guests showing up to partake breakfast and they always performed flawlessly. The buffet fare typical of most top notch Bangkok properties with fruits, salads, cereals & breads, cheeses, cured meats, eggs station with accompaniments, sweets & pastries, noodle station, Thai and Asian foods including Miso soup and assortment of Taki, etc.

Conrad used to have comparable rates before and during the renovations. But since the rates are almost double that of the MH - I checked! F&B at the lounge is better at the Conrad but that's about all. The location is a meh and the views are common at many other central Bangkok properties - ie nothing special.
The Flow breakfast is comparable or better than the restaurant breakfast made available to Diamonds at the Hong Kong and Singapore Conrad's. Kind of funny the Bangkok Conrad restaurant breakfast which is sporadically made available to Diamonds is quite underwhelming in comparison to the other Asian Conrad's and the Bangkok Millennium.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:32 pm

I think the property is a really good HILTON. But it’s still not a Conrad in general.
Now- is the Conrad BKK a really poor CONRAD? Yes- possibly the weakest non-US property, even.
i think this is where the disagreements come. It’s still basically a conrad so if you like those things then you’ll prefer it. Location is so much up to the beholder, and then things like views are too.
Personally I still prefer Conrad here as I like its location and the rooms a little more.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I'm all for personal preferences and "up to the beholder" but how can a concrete jungle beat sunrise over the river of kings is beyond me.

Sunrise - Christmas Day 2018

Sunrise from the Terrace Suite Conrad Bangkok - Christmas Day 2017
holmedown, NoY and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Will stay at this property for the first time in a few weeks, chose it for its location, to have something different from Sukhumvit, where I usually stay when in town. Can anyone tell me what to expect from the lounge, especially in terms of drinks during evening? Do they serve cocktails, and would someone have a menu?
thanks in advance
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by stijnec
Will stay at this property for the first time in a few weeks, chose it for its location, to have something different from Sukhumvit, where I usually stay when in town. Can anyone tell me what to expect from the lounge, especially in terms of drinks during evening? Do they serve cocktails, and would someone have a menu?
thanks in advance
Menu? On my stays here, there has never been a menu.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Yes, cocktails and the usual.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:18 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
There is indeed a cocktail menu which is placed at the Executive Lounge bar area & also (sometimes) on the tables. I have never availed of this but Mrs NoY & friends/family certainly have
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just back from a couple of stays over the holiday period. The lounge in the evening usually has 3 hot items which can change during the two hours (5-7) of 'happy hour'. There is also cheese, bread and a variety of other nibbles. Drinks are the usual Hilton fare - beer, wine & a few spirits & yes they do cocktails. Unlike most Hiltons its not self service for the drinks (even soft drinks) which results in queues which I can't say I liked, felt slightly embarrassing - felt like Oliver 'can I have more'. Staff are very stern in the lounge, unlike the rest of Thailand they don't exactly smile much, a bit like those models that used to appear in Robert Palmer videos (there was one exception but she seemed to be the youngest member of staff, she'll learn).
The staff in the lounge I didn't find particularly helpful (there's at least 5 of them) & due to their expressions I didn't find them approachable. Reception staff were worse, I'm quite laid back & for the first time ever I had to point out that I was beginning to get angry with regard to the way I was being treated. I had agreed to pay extra for an upgrade to a Panoramic suite but this hadn't happened (had a series of emails confirming this), daughter ended up sleeping on a chaise lounge. A member of management came out to try to resolve things, she talked to the receptionist but ignored me as if I didn't exist, poor very poor, no apology nothing. Receptionist did say thank you for your loyalty, didn't help matters. Still, managed to keep my cool. They tried to charge me for the Panoramic suite when I checked out, made me laugh.
Breakfast staff were excellent & choice for breakfast is good (the lounge choice isn't too bad for breakfast either).
Facilities are good, gym, pool, sauna, steam room , etc.
There's a nice wee coffee shop on the way down to the boat (the boat leaves on the hour & half hour & ties in nicely with the Sky train)
Location is everything for this place & the views from the lounge are fantastic (happy hour is when the sun goes down, does strictly close at 8 though), but when I return to Bangkok I'll go back to Sheraton across the water where I have stayed on previous Bangkok visits. The staff could learn a lot from those in Da Nang in Vietnam were we also stayed during this break. Now they are exceptional.
IndyHoosier and bluestrudels like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just a wee thing, its murder getting to the hotel at peak times by taxi because of the neighbouring Icon Siam & the works being carried out extending the Sky train. Avoid these times if possible.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavMJ
Just back from a couple of stays over the holiday period. The lounge in the evening usually has 3 hot items which can change during the two hours (5-7) of 'happy hour'. There is also cheese, bread and a variety of other nibbles. Drinks are the usual Hilton fare - beer, wine & a few spirits & yes they do cocktails. Unlike most Hiltons its not self service for the drinks (even soft drinks) which results in queues which I can't say I liked, felt slightly embarrassing - felt like Oliver 'can I have more'. Staff are very stern in the lounge, unlike the rest of Thailand they don't exactly smile much, a bit like those models that used to appear in Robert Palmer videos (there was one exception but she seemed to be the youngest member of staff, she'll learn).
The staff in the lounge I didn't find particularly helpful (there's at least 5 of them) & due to their expressions I didn't find them approachable. Reception staff were worse, I'm quite laid back & for the first time ever I had to point out that I was beginning to get angry with regard to the way I was being treated. I had agreed to pay extra for an upgrade to a Panoramic suite but this hadn't happened (had a series of emails confirming this), daughter ended up sleeping on a chaise lounge. A member of management came out to try to resolve things, she talked to the receptionist but ignored me as if I didn't exist, poor very poor, no apology nothing. Receptionist did say thank you for your loyalty, didn't help matters. Still, managed to keep my cool. They tried to charge me for the Panoramic suite when I checked out, made me laugh.
Breakfast staff were excellent & choice for breakfast is good (the lounge choice isn't too bad for breakfast either).
Facilities are good, gym, pool, sauna, steam room , etc.
There's a nice wee coffee shop on the way down to the boat (the boat leaves on the hour & half hour & ties in nicely with the Sky train)
Location is everything for this place & the views from the lounge are fantastic (happy hour is when the sun goes down, does strictly close at 8 though), but when I return to Bangkok I'll go back to Sheraton across the water where I have stayed on previous Bangkok visits. The staff could learn a lot from those in Da Nang in Vietnam were we also stayed during this break. Now they are exceptional.
Thanks for sharing. We will be checking in to the Millennium this weekend. So far, we have stayed at all the Hiltons in BKK (Waldorf/Conrad both DT and Hiltons), none of the property has WOWed our thus far when compared to our stay with Marriotts as a Titanium Elite.

Keeping our hopes up, maybe with the low season, we might get a better treatment when we check in as a Diamond elite.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Thanks for sharing. We will be checking in to the Millennium this weekend. So far, we have stayed at all the Hiltons in BKK (Waldorf/Conrad both DT and Hiltons), none of the property has WOWed our thus far when compared to our stay with Marriotts as a Titanium Elite.

Keeping our hopes up, maybe with the low season, we might get a better treatment when we check in as a Diamond elite.
Even with low season, don't get your hopes too high. I've stayed here during both low and high season (main experience during Songkran) and experience is more or less the same. The best strategy to not feel let down is go with a low expectation or getting the benefits on paper and anything that wows you will help make it a much better stay.

Cheers!
NoY, IndyHoosier and tomwhom like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
They do have cocktail menu on each table for the evening service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.