Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I assure you that it's not that way now.
Thats good to hear.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
After staying here I would say I'm quite disappointed compared to other Conrad I've stayed at, both service and the breakfast, as well as the dated room. If I'm spending points I would rather just stay at the hilton tokyo instead.
I would have to agree regarding breakfast at Cerise. I stayed here last week and thought the breakfast spread was mediocre. However, I thought everything else about the property was top notch. Probably helped that I only stayed one night, but my room was upgraded from a King Room City to King Exe Suite Bay Corner, which was great.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Any idea when award availability opens up at this hotel? I'm looking for a points stay in April 2020.

I emailed the hotel and they said they weren't open for those dates yet and they didn't know when they would be.

In the thread on the Tokyo Hilton it made it seem like some nudging may be in order at some point.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Actually, you can’t book award out 360 days or so ... my experience for the last 5+ yrs or so has been consistent that available award nights will show up 8-9 months before ... I have been able to book free nights also around and during Christmas and NY seasons.
Originally Posted by danpeake
Very helpful. Thank you.
Looks like the hotel is available for booking with points now for my stay in April 2020; Thanks again.
gvaughn and teemuflyer like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:37 am

Does anyone know how come first week of March, 2020 is not bookable? This is for both cash and points options. TIA
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:20 am

Got a standard award booking for April next year. 5 nights, 380k point. Regular rate for 5 nights: JPY 692,817 (USD 6,400).
danpeake and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thbe
Got a standard award booking for April next year. 5 nights, 380k point. Regular rate for 5 nights: JPY 692,817 (USD 6,400).
I'd say you got a very nice deal there!
danpeake likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Smile

Was a similar rate this year. Assuming it is because of the cherry blossoms.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:30 pm

Also just booked 5 nights next April for the same pts rate (cash price was same as yours).

Going with two kids under 10 and still thoroughly confused whether to book as 3 adults, 2+1 or 1+2. I did 3 adults hoping to skirt the 3rd bed cost. Will email the hotel in advance, as others have suggested.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by chunkalunk
Going with two kids under 10 and still thoroughly confused whether to book as 3 adults, 2+1 or 1+2. I did 3 adults hoping to skirt the 3rd bed cost. Will email the hotel in advance, as others have suggested.
Look at the Conrad link under my signature. Perhaps that info will help you with your decision-making. But that applies to paid stay.
Is it you and your spouse going with 2 kids, or just you going with 2 kids?
And is it paid stay, or points stay?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Look at the Conrad link under my signature. Perhaps that info will help you with your decision-making. But that applies to paid stay.
Is it you and your spouse going with 2 kids, or just you going with 2 kids?
And is it paid stay, or points stay?
It's an award stay. It will be me, spouse and 2 kids.
have the aspire, so Diamond status

Last edited by chunkalunk; Jun 6, 2019 at 10:30 pm Reason: forgot detail
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:34 am

explaining the fee structures for family of 4 (2+2) - paid stay vs points stay

If it were paid stay:
- Booking 3+0 means you are paying for the rollaway bed + EL access (which includes Cerise breakfast option) for the 3rd person. Your 1st child will be the 3rd adult in this instance. Your 2nd child will need to share bedding, and you'll have to pay the EL access fee for him/her.
- Otherwise you'd book 1+2 invoking 2nd adult stay free. In that case, it's your choice as to whether to pay extra for a rollaway or to fit all the entire family on existing bedding. And then you'll have to pay the EL access fees for your two kids.
- Do the math and see which option works to your advantage. You can find out the very latest rollaway fee and child's EL access fee from the hotel (what I remember from my latest stay was that they were ~7500yen and ~5000yen, respectively, tax included).

If it were points stay:
- It really doesn't matter whether you put 1+2 or 3+0 or 2+1. Regardless of what you put down, it's you and your spouse with free EL access, you'll need to pay the EL access fees for your 2 kids, and the rollaway is not included (even if you book 3+0). This makes sense, since it's the same amount of points whether you're booking 1+2 or 2+1 or 3+0.

Note:
- If you wish to pay for a rollaway, you should contact the hotel ahead of time to reserve one. They can run out. Rollaway has never been complimentary in my experience, even as a Diamond.
- For a family of 2 adults + 2 kids, twin rooms will work (albeit a bit snug) without rollaway as long as you're not big/wide. Each twin bed is 140cm wide, which is generous compared to most other Jpn hotels' twin beds. If you decide to get a rollaway, you'll have to decide what works better for your family... 1 king + rollaway, or 2 full-size ("twin") + rollaway.
- Even as I stated above that you'd have to pay for your kids' EL access, sometimes this has been waived. It's really up to hotel's discretion and whim to do so. Last time we stayed, this fee was never brought up and never charged. Other couple of times, this fee was presented to us matter-of-factly at the check-in. I would just go with the flow and see what happens... don't argue if they decide to charge this fee.
TravelLawyer likes this.

Last edited by evergrn; Jun 8, 2019 at 12:46 am
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@evergrn pretty much hit the nail on the head. Through my many conversations with the hotel, that is exactly my experience as well. To be clear, from my understanding, you do have to pay for an extra bed fee if you require an extra rollaway (no matter if you put 2 or 3 adults). If you are bedsharing, there is no additional fee to invoke the 1 adult stays free option. As for the award stay, it doesn’t matter how you book (3-0, 2-1, 1-2). You only get lounge benefits for you + 1 other person. You will need to pay EL fees for anyone else (presumably your kids since child fees are lower than adult fees).
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:07 am

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

So I booked with 3 adults and got emailed promptly within 2 days from the hotel with the following info.

"Thank you very much for choosing at Conrad Tokyo.

In regards to your reservation, as redemption stay is only covered for two adults, therefore third guest needs an extra charge, it will cost JPY 7,500 (exclusive of tax and service charge) per night and includes the rollaway bed.

We have arranged it at this moment. if you do not need to arrange it, please let us know it before check in.

For your reference, please find the dimension of our beds;
Twin Bed : 1.4 M Width x 2.03M Length
Extra Bed : 1.2 M Width x 2.03M Length"

I'm going to to let them know about 2nd child just to make sure it's ok.

Bottom line looks like for my award stay, I'll be paying the 3rd person/rollaway fee (which is perfect for us, as older one would want own bed). And we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed on EL fees for the kids. If they want kids fees for EL access, might just decline. I believe there's still free breakfast I believe?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
@evergrn pretty much hit the nail on the head. Through my many conversations with the hotel, that is exactly my experience as well. To be clear, from my understanding, you do have to pay for an extra bed fee if you require an extra rollaway (no matter if you put 2 or 3 adults). If you are bedsharing, there is no additional fee to invoke the 1 adult stays free option. As for the award stay, it doesn’t matter how you book (3-0, 2-1, 1-2). You only get lounge benefits for you + 1 other person. You will need to pay EL fees for anyone else (presumably your kids since child fees are lower than adult fees).
One clarification. if you book two award rooms as Diamond, the second room also gets EL and Cerise. Two people each.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
One clarification. if you book two award rooms as Diamond, the second room also gets EL and Cerise. Two people each.
Would that hold true even for 4 people in 1 room? If my wife and I are both Diamond, can our kids be each of our +1s? Or only if we book 2 rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.