Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I can assure you that they are not susceptible to being prodded to open up award availability. They will open up the availability once their version of revenue management algorithm determines it's the right thing to do.
Thanks. There are currently no rooms available for booking (standard or "premium") so was more asking for insight on when they open their books.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Actually, you can’t book award out 360 days or so ... my experience for the last 5+ yrs or so has been consistent that available award nights will show up 8-9 months before ... I have been able to book free nights also around and during Christmas and NY seasons.
danpeake likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by LHSEN
Actually, you can’t book award out 360 days or so ... my experience for the last 5+ yrs or so has been consistent that available award nights will show up 8-9 months before ... I have been able to book free nights also around and during Christmas and NY seasons.
Very helpful. Thank you.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:02 pm

I am waiting for points stay in the beginning of March 2020 ... It is showing blocked. I guess I will continue to wait.......
Old May 20, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have an upcoming (paid) stay in a corner suite (Twin Suite City Corner). After reading many posts in this thread (and reading the diamond/gold breakfast thread) it is still not clear to me whether Diamonds need to have breakfast in the lounge or that breakfast in the restaurant is available at no extra charge.

Any help appreciated!
Old May 20, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by janwillem
I have an upcoming (paid) stay in a corner suite (Twin Suite City Corner). After reading many posts in this thread (and reading the diamond/gold breakfast thread) it is still not clear to me whether Diamonds need to have breakfast in the lounge or that breakfast in the restaurant is available at no extra charge.

Any help appreciated!
Breakfast at the restaurant will be available free of charge.
TravelLawyer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
awesome, thanks
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
After staying here I would say I'm quite disappointed compared to other Conrad I've stayed at, both service and the breakfast, as well as the dated room. If I'm spending points I would rather just stay at the hilton tokyo instead.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
After staying here I would say I'm quite disappointed compared to other Conrad I've stayed at, both service and the breakfast, as well as the dated room. If I'm spending points I would rather just stay at the hilton tokyo instead.
Please elaborate. We have a stay coming up.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Please elaborate. We have a stay coming up.
Yes, please do. I think this feedback is counter to almost all other comments in this thread. I hate dated furnishings but have never found Conrad Tokyo to be so. They keep the rooms in impeccable shape, in my experience. The breakfast at Cerise is exceptional, too. Lounge less so, but simple due to space and facilities available.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Perhaps I visited on a day that is on full occupancy, the lobby is full of kids running around and all the seating in lobby was taken, the bellman on the ground floor did not offer help. I got the upgraded to the Bayview room but the bathroom was so dated I would not even consider it Conrad standard. Service was okay, again very crowded at breakfast and the food is almost the same at all the Hilton hotels in Japan (at least the one I've stayed at)
Old May 22, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Perhaps I visited on a day that is on full occupancy, the lobby is full of kids running around and all the seating in lobby was taken, the bellman on the ground floor did not offer help. I got the upgraded to the Bayview room but the bathroom was so dated I would not even consider it Conrad standard. Service was okay, again very crowded at breakfast and the food is almost the same at all the Hilton hotels in Japan (at least the one I've stayed at)
Lobby seating is scarce yes, but that seems to be a trend at all Conrad's and matches their aesthetic. I have had spotty service at breakfast, especially during busy periods, but the breakfast spread is fantastic. What did you find dated about the bathrooms specifically - the white tub with a view of the room TV/bathroom TV, basin sinks, the closed off toilets, or the bathtub that fills from a faucet in the ceiling?
Old May 22, 2019, 10:11 pm

Odd question but you did stay at the Conrad, and not Odiaba or something right?

doesnt really sound like the place I stay most years.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Grapenut
Lobby seating is scarce yes, but that seems to be a trend at all Conrad's and matches their aesthetic. I have had spotty service at breakfast, especially during busy periods, but the breakfast spread is fantastic. What did you find dated about the bathrooms specifically - the white tub with a view of the room TV/bathroom TV, basin sinks, the closed off toilets, or the bathtub that fills from a faucet in the ceiling?
I agree that that the general hotel furnishings are nice, but would say I agree with the OP (and have seen other posters agree as well) that the breakfast offered at the Hilton Tokyo (Shinjuku) is much nicer than the Conrad. It’s been 5 years since my last stay, so things might have changed, but the Conrad wanted to charge me extra for eggs (for someone who gets free breakfast, as a Diamond). I have NEVER experienced this at the Hilton over numerous stays....

Last edited by gvaughn; May 23, 2019 at 7:42 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gvaughn
It’s been 5 years since my last stay, so things might have changed, but the Conrad wanted to charge me extra for eggs (for someone who gets free breakfast, as a Diamond).
I assure you that it's not that way now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.