Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:22 pm

Hi I’m trying to book a point redemption here and there is no option to add a 2nd child I have a 2yr old and an infant I’ve emailed them a week ago with no reply do you know if they will charge me for my infant being in our room? We have our own travel crib aswell thanks
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Perfect record of being upgraded to a suite as Diamond remains intact with three night stay. Took a couple of tries, but was eventually able to get a 3pm late checkout.

This was probably my best stay ever. The roast beef and mashed potatoes on Saturday night were possibly my favorite food in any club lounge ever. Staff were all awesome and really went above and beyond the call of duty.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Wink

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Perfect record of being upgraded to a suite as Diamond remains intact with three night stay. Took a couple of tries, but was eventually able to get a 3pm late checkout.

This was probably my best stay ever. The roast beef and mashed potatoes on Saturday night were possibly my favorite food in any club lounge ever. Staff were all awesome and really went above and beyond the call of duty.

Do you mind sharing how you got upgraded? I can PM you lol
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Do you mind sharing how you got upgraded? I can PM you lol
All I did this time was to write in advance to explain the reason for our stay, and why the extra space would be appreciated.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by sambo150
Hi I’m trying to book a point redemption here and there is no option to add a 2nd child I have a 2yr old and an infant I’ve emailed them a week ago with no reply do you know if they will charge me for my infant being in our room? We have our own travel crib aswell thanks
Your infant will require a crib, right?
With a 2yo and an infant + 2 adults, the only way I see feasible would be a king room where you and your spouse sleep on the king size bed with the 2yo in between, plus a crib for the infant.

Just make a booking for 2 adults and 1 child. Then make a separate request for the crib. The booking engine does not like more than 3 people for a regular room for Conrad Tokyo. You have to do 3adults, 2+1 or 1+2. I'm not sure if they'll charge you for the crib. They will charge you for the regular rollaway, whether you're Diamond or non-status.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:20 pm

I'm like 1/4 for upgrade as a Diamond, no upgrade in my non-Diamond stays.
The latest I got for checkout was 2pm. It's usually 1pm. One time they could only do 12.30pm.
I'm not insistent, though. I never ask for an upgrade in Jpn (although I'm always wishing for it), and with late checkout I just take what they offer.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
I'm like 1/4 for upgrade as a Diamond, no upgrade in my non-Diamond stays.
The latest I got for checkout was 2pm. It's usually 1pm. One time they could only do 12.30pm.
I'm not insistent, though. I never ask for an upgrade in Jpn (although I'm always wishing for it), and with late checkout I just take what they offer.
My dance went something like this:

Day of check-in:
H: Can we get late checkout of 3pm?
C: We are very busy, so we can only extend to 1pm.
H: Okay.

Day before checkout:
H: There's availability for this suite tomorrow. Can you extend late checkout time?
C: We can extend to 2pm.
H: Okay.

Day of checkout:
H: There's availability for this suite today. Can you extend late checkout time?
C: We can extend to 2:30.
H: How about 3pm?
C: Okay, 3pm
H: Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:34 am

Nicely done. But I could never pull off something like that, pointing out Hilton app inventory to try to force their hands and such. I'm a total wimp.

Even for a simple request such as late check-out, in US I'm nervous to ask and in Jpn my wife has to ask.
Lot of this is on me, but I also blame Hilton. At Hyatt, I can ask without being nervous because they always act like 2pm checkout is a slam dunk. At Hilton, you never know how they're going to react when you request a late checkout.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see what there is to fear. If you politely ask for something, the worst that can happen is that they politely decline. When that happens, I just thank them for trying and move on.

The only time I press matters is when a hotel tries to take back something they've already promised. One time I confirmed an extra bed four months in advance at this hotel, only to be told at check-in that they couldn't supply it. It took polite escalations to the GM and social media channels, but I did get my bed, and also comped for my trouble.

So long as I am polite, I don't feel that I am bothering anybody, just asking them to do their jobs.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Great life advice

I don't see what there is to fear. If you politely ask for something, the worst that can happen is that they politely decline. When that happens, I just thank them for trying and move on.

The only time I press matters is when a hotel tries to take back something they've already promised. One time I confirmed an extra bed four months in advance at this hotel, only to be told at check-in that they couldn't supply it. It took polite escalations to the GM and social media channels, but I did get my bed, and also comped for my trouble.

So long as I am polite, I don't feel that I am bothering anybody, just asking them to do their jobs.
This is great iife advice. Ask for things you don't expect to receive. Because sometimes, people will say yes!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by evergrn
Your infant will require a crib, right?
With a 2yo and an infant + 2 adults, the only way I see feasible would be a king room where you and your spouse sleep on the king size bed with the 2yo in between, plus a crib for the infant.

Just make a booking for 2 adults and 1 child. Then make a separate request for the crib. The booking engine does not like more than 3 people for a regular room for Conrad Tokyo. You have to do 3adults, 2+1 or 1+2. I'm not sure if they'll charge you for the crib. They will charge you for the regular rollaway, whether you're Diamond or non-status.
Great thanks for that info I will do that!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enox5
This is great iife advice. Ask for things you don't expect to receive. Because sometimes, people will say yes!
I don't disagree with that, but these particular things were things I was expecting to receive. Diamonds should get suites if they are available, and there's no reason why they can't extend a proper late checkout if they have inventory to spare.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I don't disagree with that, but these particular things were things I was expecting to receive. Diamonds should get suites if they are available, and there's no reason why they can't extend a proper late checkout if they have inventory to spare.
If you really believe that, you have never worked in a hotel. Let me explain: If you ask for a minimal late checkout, that is no problem. The hotel simply moves that room to the end of the list of rooms to be cleaned. However, if you ask for more, then you put the hotel staff in a position of requiring a housecleaning employee to sit in the break room waiting for you before she can finish her day and go home. It would be uncustomary for a hotel to leave spare inventory dirty overnight.

The last time I had a checkout late enough that an employee had to sit around waiting for me, I went by the front desk on my way out to let them know I understood/appreciated the inconvenience.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by jn in ca
If you really believe that, you have never worked in a hotel. Let me explain: If you ask for a minimal late checkout, that is no problem. The hotel simply moves that room to the end of the list of rooms to be cleaned. However, if you ask for more, then you put the hotel staff in a position of requiring a housecleaning employee to sit in the break room waiting for you before she can finish her day and go home. It would be uncustomary for a hotel to leave spare inventory dirty overnight.

The last time I had a checkout late enough that an employee had to sit around waiting for me, I went by the front desk on my way out to let them know I understood/appreciated the inconvenience.
This isn’t a Motel 6. They have a full staff and housekeepers on duty 24/7. They also have sophisticated yield-management software that allows them to honor terms whenever possible. You don’t need to apologize to anyone at a hotel (especially 5*) for taking a late checkout.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MattEvan

This isn’t a Motel 6. They have a full staff and housekeepers on duty 24/7. They also have sophisticated yield-management software that allows them to honor terms whenever possible. You don’t need to apologize to anyone at a hotel (especially 5*) for taking a late checkout.
+1 Not to mention they are going around doing turn down service etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.