Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:19 am

My experience with standard room award bookings at the Conrad Tokyo is, that they release availability later than other hotels (6-10 months in advance). And after the first release the same availability comes and goes. Maybe they release it step by step, maybe they release more, but take it back from time to time. So if you don't see availability now, it maybe was there before and maybe it was booked, maybe not.

Contacting them sometimes helps, sometimes not.

From my point of view it is the right strategy to book a Hilton as a backup (what you already did) and to check availability a couple of times every week. If you use the app for that, each check needs just a few seconds only.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Not sure what's going on with Conrad.
I asked them about next summer when I stayed in July. They said that next July-Aug will be blocked out for Olympics. But they didn't say anything about June.
It's possible that they'll release rooms down the road for June, although it's hard to say.
Originally Posted by thbe
My experience with standard room award bookings at the Conrad Tokyo is, that they release availability later than other hotels (6-10 months in advance). And after the first release the same availability comes and goes. Maybe they release it step by step, maybe they release more, but take it back from time to time. So if you don't see availability now, it maybe was there before and maybe it was booked, maybe not.

Contacting them sometimes helps, sometimes not.

From my point of view it is the right strategy to book a Hilton as a backup (what you already did) and to check availability a couple of times every week. If you use the app for that, each check needs just a few seconds only.

Do you usually email them for availability? or call them directly?
I have been checking the availability for a few days in March, 2020 for the past few months but they are not available. I don't know if those days are sold out or they are being blocked. TIA
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by radenzo
I have been checking the availability for a few days in March, 2020 for the past few months but they are not available. I don't know if those days are sold out or they are being blocked. TIA
Hi,

March could be blocked out or sold out already as later in March could be peak cherry blossom season.

Regards
TBS
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

March could be blocked out or sold out already as later in March could be peak cherry blossom season.

Regards
TBS
Thank you TBS,

Any way I can contact them to find out the availability?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:55 pm

If I contact them, I use email only.
radenzo likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:45 pm

With regards to my comment above, I actually asked the EL staff in person when I stayed there in July.
I don't know which days in March you're looking at. But I just checked a couple of random Saturdays in March, and there's availability there at standard award.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:25 am

With regards to my comment above, I actually asked the EL staff in person when I stayed there in July.
I don't know which days in March you're looking at. But I just checked a couple of random Saturdays in March, and there's availability there at standard award.
Thank you for the info. It is actually the first week of March. I will contact them to find out more Info.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
If you don't have any luck finding the standard award, check back later. They seem to release and then pull inventory periodically, but I'm not sure what drives these changes.

On another note, during cherry blossom season at the end of March/early April, the Conrad Tokyo sometimes requires minimum stays of 3+ nights in order to book standard awards. Looking for a single night during those periods did not yield any standard award availability, but longer stays did.

Good luck!
jefftiger likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by jch636
On another note, during cherry blossom season at the end of March/early April, the Conrad Tokyo sometimes requires minimum stays of 3+ nights in order to book standard awards. Looking for a single night during those periods did not yield any standard award availability, but longer stays did.
Yep - this is a good tip, one that I got from a good agent on the Diamond desk. Worth a call to them if you've got status as they can see availability in this type of situation that we can't.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:24 pm

Thank you for the info. It is actually the first week of March. I will contact them to find out more Info.
I just checked a few dates from the first week of March again.
Both Fri and Sat, there are standard awards available. Wed and Thu there's no standard award but there's at least the Diamond 48hr guarantee available.
Are you by chance looking to book 2 adults and 2 or more kids? If so, it's technically not possible.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:50 am

I just checked a few dates from the first week of March again.
Both Fri and Sat, there are standard awards available. Wed and Thu there's no standard award but there's at least the Diamond 48hr guarantee available.
Are you by chance looking to book 2 adults and 2 or more kids? If so, it's technically not possible.
I had previously seen a post on this thread that said

"You have to either put 2 adults + 1 child or 2 adults + 0 child (I don't think that really matters), then just put in the comment that you'll have 2 kids sharing beds.
And then if you're Diamond, then put in 1 adult + 2children, then let the hotel know that you're taking advantage of the 2nd adult stay free benefit. The 2nd free adult will get the Diamond benefit also (ie, EL access, free breakfast)."

Do you think this would still work? Have been very disappointed the options for my family in Japan thus far....
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Was looking this hotel for the first weekend in November and it shows totally sold out for three days in a row. Is it likely really sold out or did they block off these dates for some reason?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by Red259
Was looking this hotel for the first weekend in November and it shows totally sold out for three days in a row. Is it likely really sold out or did they block off these dates for some reason?
Rugby world cup final is that weekend so that may play a part.
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
I had previously seen a post on this thread that said

"You have to either put 2 adults + 1 child or 2 adults + 0 child (I don't think that really matters), then just put in the comment that you'll have 2 kids sharing beds.
And then if you're Diamond, then put in 1 adult + 2children, then let the hotel know that you're taking advantage of the 2nd adult stay free benefit. The 2nd free adult will get the Diamond benefit also (ie, EL access, free breakfast)."

Do you think this would still work? Have been very disappointed the options for my family in Japan thus far....
You can check out links under my signature. I think you will find some relevant info.
The way you stated the 2nd adult stays free thing above is correct. In the past, whenever I've tried to use that benefit here, the math would typically work out that it really isn't much saving if at all. But you should do your own math and see.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:38 pm

You can check out links under my signature. I think you will find some relevant info.
The way you stated the 2nd adult stays free thing above is correct. In the past, whenever I've tried to use that benefit here, the math would typically work out that it really isn't much saving if at all. But you should do your own math and see.
Wow, what a signature. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.