Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Hilton on Park Lane {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My husband and I just stayed there last week. As gold level members we were upgraded to the executive level with lounge access. Also, there were no taxes charged to our account. There are some very good restaurants near the hotel in Shepard's Market. Ask the concierge as he recommended them to us. Windows Restaurant in the hotel was very good also.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
#59.99 is a great rate (and it included (or was supposed to) dinner and b/fast?) where did you find that rate?!?!?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by geo1005:
Thanks for the report! I'll be there late December and was wondering how the renovations were coming along. Maybe the restaurant(s) will be finished by then...
</font>
Update: Just returned from a GLON stay at the Green Park for New Year's. As a HH Gold was upgraded to a nice, spacious (for London at least) mini-suite. King bed with a separate living area with a couch and nice chair with a footrest. The bathroom was really quite large. The only complaint I have is that the bathtub was a bit narrow when used as a shower - I kept steadying myself on the handrail. The restaurant was open but we did not eat there as there are just to many options nearby in Shephard's Lane (Le Boudin Blanc in particular) and elsewhere to eat at the hotel. All in all a great stay at a hotel with a fantastic location. It was a very good use of a GLON, IMHO.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 2:26 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
My booking was cancelled - I didn't do it?

I have (had) an award booking at the London Park Lane for 4 nights booked. Today I checked and it was cancelled - But I didn't do it. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Now I can't get the dates . . . .
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:25 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Internet access? What is the current rate?
Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:25 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Buy as you use available at business center and Club. In room- 20 GBP per day. Highspeed internet. Can not stand the rates. I walk to the Kinko's. About a 7 minute walk. Found Kinko's during the London DO.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Anymore recent visits to the Green Park Hilton?

I'm debating whether I should stay there or the Trafalgar again.

The Trafalgar is 40 pounds more expensive.

As a diamond, I had a great room upgrade there but no breakfast.

I'm sure I'll get an upgrade at Green Park and breakfast.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:22 pm

Location: Bangkok Thailand HYATT DIAMOND, DL PM, DL 2 Million Miler
Programs: THAI RO Gold, Hilton Gold,Marriott something
Hilton London Park Lane - review

I stayed this past week at Hilton London Park Lane. Their "flagship". Despite being Gold, i was not provided access to the executive lounge. I was allowed complimnetary breakfast however. And at 25GBP for breakfast, ..wow. Internet access was also 20 GBP per day. Are they kidding?

I arrived from Bangkok at 730AM, got to hotel at 8AM, and i appreciate they did provide early check in at that hour.

Room was ok. First room, internet didnt work, so i wound up in a smaller room, with 2 dbl beds. Not my preference, but i suppose with 8AM checkin, choice was limited.

Location is great. Service is great. Room, food, everything was steep. But this is England
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:24 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gosh, we are gold and were just there 7/2-7/8 on a GLONP. They had confirmed executive floor in advance so we had lounge access. In their defense, it does get pretty crowded in the lounge at times.

I used the lounge PC with the cards they sell (90 minutes for GBP15, ouch). Room ready when we arrived around 1 pm. Everything was wonderful, including complimentary rollaway for our son after my husband arrived mid-visit.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:22 pm

London Hilton (Park) -- ever gold upgrades in summer?

Any golds out there who've gotten upgrades in the summer/high season at this Hilton?
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:37 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ermdjdsj
Any golds out there who've gotten upgrades in the summer/high season at this Hilton?
Yes, on a GLONP this July, upgraded to 22nd floor with lounge access. Wonderful stay.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:54 pm

Hilton Park Lane London on 31 Dec for two nights using points

I have a reservation at Hilton Park Lane London on 31 Dec for two nights using points which I might not be able to make....if I cancel I would prefer a FT takes advantage so let me know if your interested.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:34 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 1
I have a reservation at Hilton Park Lane London on 31 Dec for two nights using points which I might not be able to make....if I cancel I would prefer a FT takes advantage so let me know if your interested.
Why don't you put your points back into your account??
Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry
Why don't you put your points back into your account??
The idea is that I will cancel my reservation just before someone else books. At the moment the hotel is sold out of award stays for that night.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 3:33 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 1
The idea is that I will cancel my reservation just before someone else books. At the moment the hotel is sold out of award stays for that night.
Nice thoughts, unlikely to happen. Because you're cancelling your stay doesn't mean that the hotel doesn't have a waiting list for award stays, or that you room will show up in matter of seconds as being available, or that the hotel management, won't be offering it to a paying guest, that might also be on a waiting list of paying guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.