Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Hilton on Park Lane {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 8:35 pm

3 People at Hilton Park Lane

I'll be staying at the Hilton Park Lane on a GLONP in June and when I booked with the Diamond reservations they told me that the rooms are only for 2 people. We're travelling with our 5 year old and have usually just request a rollaway or use 2 double beds. Does anyone know if they have rollaways at this hotel?

Also will we run into problems when we check in since they posted this on our reservation:

FAM OF 3/ CHILD AGE 5**ADVISED GST HOTEL MAX OCCUPANCY IS 2**
Old Mar 11, 2003, 8:43 pm

We stayed on executive floor last summer. Although the room was nice, don't know where you would have put a cot. They might have larger rooms or rooms with less furniture.

good luck,
marc
Old Mar 11, 2003, 9:38 pm

I agree with the above poster. When I was there on the exec floor, my room for 2 was just 2 twin beds pushed together. There really isn't room for a rollaway.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 5:24 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
You would be much better off at the Metropole or Paddington. The West Wing at the Metropole has very large rooms with 2 King Beds. The Exec Lounge there is also very good. It also has a good sized pool.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 9:44 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Agree with above.

Check here for more London Hilton comparisons: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006259.html
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
My room was pretty large with a full-size sofa but there was never alot of room all in one area to put a another bed. They have the bed, sofa, small round table for 2 with chairs, and the TV unit. If there was no sofa and table, you could fit a cot in there, maybe.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 9:50 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Hhonorsjunkie,

this is the thread you want to read:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006589.html

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:57 am

Thank you all for your advice and links!

We were really set on staying at this hotel due to many of your wonderful reviews, great reputation and perfect location. I was also concerned and stressed that changing my GLONP reservation to another nice hotel this late would be difficult.

Follow Up: I decided to fax the hotel a request for an extra bed. I just followed up with a phone call and they told me that they had already allocted an extra bed based on my faxed request.

Lesson learned: Just ask! Don't stress out!
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:48 pm

Good choice!

This has been my favorite Hilton (although my wife still thinks are stay at the Waldorf was the best). TAKE ADVANTAGE of the lounge if you have access. We were there daily for breakfast and tea...fantastic!

marc
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:02 pm

Although I would prefer to stay at the Park Lane, my wife and I opted to taking a room at the Conrad London instead. Not as convenient to tourist activities but the suite design means we can put the little one to bed at 8pm and stay up in the other room.

Sounds like the Conrad London is a nice place too....I'll find out in a couple weeks from now.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Mar 30, 2003, 5:11 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
ok - Whats the verdict MileageAddict - the Conrad or Park Lane? How did it go?
Old Mar 31, 2003, 11:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
ok - Whats the verdict MileageAddict - the Conrad or Park Lane? How did it go?</font>
I'll let you know next week when we go. We are sticking with our original plan for staying at the Conrad. I emailed them and got an incredibly sincere and personal reply about looking forward to having us stay...asking what my son likes, etc. I'm looking forward to a really pleasant stay...

------------------
Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:03 am

London Park Lane Hilton Gold benefits?

I have looked at many, many previous threads and am now a bit confused about what a HH Gold can currently expect at Park Lane. We stayed there a couple of summers ago as discount-rate paying customers and did not get moved to the Executive Floor but did get free breakfasts. We will be going back in early February on a GLONP. What should we expect and is there any strategy to increase our chances of getting the best possible benefits? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old May 17, 2003, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
London Park Lane contact

I've checked most all of the London threads and couldn't find the answer: Does anyone have an email contact at the London Hilton on Park Lane?

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2003, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
I've checked most all of the London threads and couldn't find the answer: Does anyone have an email contact at the London Hilton on Park Lane?

Thanks.
</font>
Try this:
London Hilton
22 Park Lane,
Park Lane, London,
England, W1K 1BE

Tel: 02074938000
Fax: 02072084140
E-Mail: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.