Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Hilton on Park Lane {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cvg-aa:
I am trying to book a Hilton London hotel for 2 Dec. trips, and nothing comes close to L69 incl. vat & breakfast (prices I found range L100- 160). Where did you find this rate? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.</font>
The Kensington and Metropole Hiltons often have nice deals at 59GBP-89GBP or slightly more. They usually are the cheapest Hiltons in London with exec lounges and invite both golds and diamonds to use them.

MisterNice

Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:29 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Actually, the Hilton Docklands appears to be the lowest at GBP44/night for the singles. Small but I had a view of the river and there is a free shuttle to Canada Water station. Oh yeah, breakfast is included.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Also, Hilton Olympia has a 43.50GBP single rate which includes VAT & Bkfst; it's the Autumn Offer rate. I just booked it for my Jan trip. Hilton Hyde Park has a 70.50GPB rate which also includes VAT & Bkfst; Saver BB rate.

------------------
Sharon
Old Nov 12, 2003, 7:01 pm

I stayed there for one night. I arrived at 9:00 a.m and got my room inmediately. They didn't give me an upgrade. No amenities like my first time at this Hilton in 2000. Breakfast was included in the price. Room very different to the one that I got during my previous stay (Maybe a Jr. suite because it was big with a separate living room area). This time was a small renovated white room. I returned at 2:00 a.m. after the Do and the heaters were not working. One person from the front desk came to check them and suggested that I use an extra comforter. I told him that I would prefer to have them fixed. He was going to change me to another room but the hotel was full. He came with another man but they couldn't fix them. He suggested the same thing again: Use an extra blanket or comforter. I said no, I am paying to be comfortable here not to suffer. Finally they brought a space heater which did not heat a lot but it was better than nothing. (All this took like an hour). I had a sore throat in the morning. When I checked out, the front desk clerk asked me about the stay and I told him what happened. He gave me a 15% discount.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 7:14 pm

Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:
"I could have had breakfest but did not. It was being served in the basement level. A letter from the GM warned guests on breakfest. Stated it could get crowded. Not worth the effort."

I see that RTWSTARALLIANCE and SkiAdcock didn't have breakfast at the Green Park Hilton. I did. You didn't miss a lot. The Mews had more variety (more hams and other things compared to Green Park). I stayed at the Mews for the next 2 nights.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cvg-aa:
I am trying to book a Hilton London hotel for 2 Dec. trips, and nothing comes close to L69 incl. vat & breakfast (prices I found range L100- 160). Where did you find this rate? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.</font>
I ran into this problem when booking the Hilton London Mews. When I tried booking three nights on the website (Saturday through Monday nights) I got a rate of something like 135 GBP per night for all three nights. However, when I changed it to just Saturday and Sunday nights, the rate came down to only 65 GBP per night including tax and breakfast for a single room (small room with bed suitable for one person). The rate for Monday night booked separately remained at 135. So I just booked the two weekend nights and stayed elsewhere on Monday night.

Try playing with the dates and checking whether weekend nights booked separately from weeknights get you a special cheap rate. The 65 GBP was a good rate for the room I got at the Mews, but it would have been a bad deal at the higher rate.

Kathy
Old Nov 13, 2003, 6:55 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I think we are hearing a clear case here. It would be very nice if Hilton.com would adopt a similar system to Starwood.com and show the lowest rate available at all properties in the area after the initial search. After this weekend I understand that the Kensington, Green Park, Olympia and Mews are all in about the same price range. Adam- can we get some work on this? Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for your ideas. I booked one stay at the Hype Park Hilton at L60 incl. breakfast & vat via phone using the "winter offer" rate. No luck playing with dates on hilton.com. Looks like hotels are filling up.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 11:33 am

Yours must have been the only room where the heat wasn't working - both rtwstaralliance & i mentioned our rooms were toasty! there was a space heater in the closet but i didn't need it; weather was pretty decent for London this time of year. Glad they gave you a discount & you were right to stand your ground.

------------------
Sharon
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting reports. I stayed up at the Hilton Islington and had a very nice, modern room with the standard Hilton Europe "test tube" bathroom toiletries. But I also, as a Hilton Gold, received two bottles of Highland Spring water [one still one sparkling] and a box of chocolates [6 pieces], plus two small 175 ml bottles of Australian Cabernet Grenache. This is one of the better in room amenities I have found at London properties these days. [I long for the good old days of the Hilton Club, with halves of champagne refreshed each day, fruit and cheese plates, and chocolates.]
Old Nov 14, 2003, 4:06 am

Heya SH!

Glad to see that you had a good stay at the Islington. It is a nice place to stay in London and is located in a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and a good street market nearby. I stayed there the last time and received all the things you mentioned as well, so they really do treat their Golds well.

Anyway, hope you guys had a great time at the London do and I look forward to the pics when they are ready.

Gary

------------------
Travelling makes the world smaller and friendlier.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 2:04 pm

David/Gary - this is the Green Park Hilton thread, not the Islington Hilton - start your own thread!

------------------
Sharon
Old Nov 15, 2003, 12:06 pm

Stayed at the Green Park Hilton for the mega do. It was an eye opener. Of course no upgrades for Gold Status( due to all the FT'ers staying there possibly). The room was tiny ( even for me) but a corner room-- I think the bathroom and bedroom were the same size.It gave new meaning to the term mimimalist--minimum space!! Room was cold and I had to use the heater-- but the plug in required the wire to go across the entrance door or the bathroom door so you ran the risk of tripping. ( I suppose I could have put it on the desk). Like Sharon, didn't get to the breakfast but they took off 25GBP from my rate as the dinner included in the rate could not be provided ( The DBB rate was cheaper than the BB Rate so I had booked it) For 59.90 GBP and HH points I think I should let it rest.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 4:53 am

Sales tax at London Park Lane on HH reward stay?

Hi everyone,

In view of upcoming stay at London Hilton on Park Lane I'm curious to know whether I have to pay the local sales tax at 17.5 % as this is mentioned on the booking confirmation.

Anyone out there with any recent ecxepriences on this?????

I stayed a couple of years ago on HH cert and wasn't charged a dime in local taxes.

Also any recent info on upgrade policy for golds at this property?
Old Nov 16, 2003, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid zero on an award stay there in April. No taxes charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.