Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 2:53 am

Thanks for all your comments.
I'll be trying Priceline for Marriott, and if no luck, I'll stay at the Hilton on Orchard, although I was convince to try the Conrad following your comments - but because I only stay one afternoon + one monrning each time and want to look around, i think it'll be easier from Orchard area.

Someone i know will surely miss the teddy bear, so now I'll have to buy one ...
Old May 13, 2004, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you're only going to be there a short time & want easy access to shopping, and it's cheaper than Conrad, I'd go w/ the Hilton. Stayed there last fall when some of us did a SIN Run, and it's fine.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:12 am

Thanks all for your comments - just to update, I have eventually been on Priceline ( thank you FT ! ) and go the Marriott at US$60 on June 27.
Et voilà !
Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:57 pm

I travel to Singapore 5 times a year and stay at the Hilton. I can stay anywhere, and I've stayed at the Marriott and the Swisstell, however, I like the Hilton for points and location.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:25 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Where can I get the ~$70/night rate for the Hilton except through Priceline?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:20 am

You can get the approx. US$70 directly on Hilton.com ! ... note that it is non refundable. Not sure you can still find it for your period of stay but last month I could get it for my stay late June .
Old Jun 7, 2004, 2:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by france usa
Apparently I could stay at Raffles Plaza for around $70/80 a night using my "boarding privilege" (I'm flying on SQ). Any recommendation vs. Conrad ?
If you can get one of the SQ deals consider the Four Seasons. It is connected to the Hilton via a small high-end shopping mall.

I stayed at the FS on a SQ stopover deal last year and it was fabulous.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Hilton Singapore hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

During check-in at the Singapore Hilton today, the agent announced, "
because you are using your husband's card, you are not entitled to any points on this stay".

"Pardon me?", I said. She repeated the same news.

This was using my Hilton Gold card, with my name printed on it, on an expensive rate booked through the Hilton website.

It seems that the hotel's computer system had recorded the HH number with my husband's name during his last stay there. Our numbers are the same because of our Mutual Fund.

An upgrade to the EF was not possible, because they were fully booked (although rooms are available on their Internet site).

It is interesting how one check-in agent can cause me to question seven years of loyalty.

Something to look out for on your travels.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 3:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Hilton Singapore (on Orchard, across from an ad hoc colony of apparently-permitted streetwalkers) is notorious for denying Executive Floor access for any or no reason at all. Complaints to Hilton HHonors about this particular hotel circumventing HHonors terms and conditions -- as best/creatively as they can -- gets nothing more than a form letter response. In any event, I recommend giving your business to the Conrad Centinnel Singapore instead where the service and the facilities are better. Cabs are cheap in Singapore anyway and the subway convenient.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:12 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
EF upgrades at Hilton SIN

My first couple of stays at the Hilton were not upgraded to the EF despite there being available rooms on the website and on the hotel's phone reservation line.

I spoke to the duty manager, Michael Quah, and had a long conversation about it, which resulted in him admitting that there was an issue with Gold's getting upgraded at checkin due to there being only 3 or 4 exec floors and half those rooms being occupied by lots of Diamonds from the company I work in on long term stays at the low corporate rate. He mentioned that while rooms may be available for booking on the internet, the checkin staff follow the policy of

"If there are unoccupied EF rooms at the time of checkin, then they shall be offered to Golds. If you checkin at 3:55pm and we know that 5 EF guests are going to checkout at 4pm, we will make their rooms available for booking but you will not get your upgrade as there are no EF rooms available at the time of checkin".

Not exactly in line with the HH Gold T&Cs below, but that is the interpretation they use. I disagreed with it and have given feedback to my employer's procurement department.

At Hilton Family hotels outside the U.S. and Canada that have upgraded accommodation, Gold and Diamond VIPs will be upgraded to Executive Level or to the next best available room type. Upgraded rooms are subject to availability. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodation, Gold and Diamond VIPs will receive additional amenities and/or services, which vary by property.

Since then, I've always skipped the checkin agents and always spoken to Michael first (he's always been around the checkin area) and he gives me an EF floor. I've no doubt though, that if he's not around, the checkin agents are going to give me the usual cr@p again, which is why I now carry a print out of the HH T&Cs with me just in case.

I don't ask for much and all my stays there have been good, but that checkin thing is a PITA. The Diamond experience may be different....
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:25 am
Suspended

Savage25 : Are you refering to Michael Chan, the Front Office manager formerly from the Seremban Hilton. Nice gentleman who gave me a Duplex Suite at the former Seremban Hilton when they ran out of Executive Suite.

I had 2 stays at the Singapore Hilton, once paid and once on point-stretcher and was upgraded both times to the Execuitve Floor without any problem. Funny thing was that when I checked-in for my first stay I was greeted with a "welcome back" greeting but not for my second stay !

I believe the Conrad is also not honouring the HHonors T&C by not upgrading Gold to the Executive Floor most of the time, but Golds are offered breakfast on the pool level which I thought is slightly better than the lounge breakfast.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:33 am

No, this was Michael Quah. I just looked up his card and it says his post is Assistant Manager.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
How to Assure Executive Floor at Hilton Singapore?

When I lasted stayed at the Singapore Hilton as a Gold, I was only upgraded to a Deluxe room. Now that I'm a Diamond, do I rate Executive Floor on any room rate, barring a sellout? Or do I need to buy Deluxe to get upgraded to Executive? And how about the new Hilton KL?

Thanks for advice!

Last edited by Explore; Oct 21, 2004 at 4:28 pm Reason: clarify
Old Oct 21, 2004, 5:56 pm

How to Assure Executive Floor at Hilton Singapore?
Reserve it and pay for it?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
When I lasted stayed at the Singapore Hilton as a Gold, I was only upgraded to a Deluxe room. Now that I'm a Diamond, do I rate Executive Floor on any room rate, barring a sellout? Or do I need to buy Deluxe to get upgraded to Executive? And how about the new Hilton KL?

Thanks for advice!
Is there even a difference between the Standard room and a Deluxe room at the Hilton SIN? Maybe they consider it an "upgrade" from twin beds to a king bed.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365250 on my experience getting EF upgrades as a Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.