Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 6:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The only sure fire way is as said above, reserve it and pay for it. Otherwise there is no guarantees.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I have stayed here regularly when doing my SIN Runs [about a half dozen in the past three years] and only once did not get an upgrade to the Exec Floor as a Gold. The hotel was pretty full that time, and I checked in midday. On those times I did get the upgrade -- from a regular price res -- I arrived early in the morning. However, I also find that throughout Asia it is more difficult to get the upgrade in advance if you specify a NonSmoking room. These tend to be taken up quickly, generally by other elites or paying guests. I have found if I suggest a smoking room, the front desk can generally find me a room on the Exec floors, at most Asian properties.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:13 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I have stayed here regularly when doing my SIN Runs [about a half dozen in the past three years] and only once did not get an upgrade to the Exec Floor as a Gold. The hotel was pretty full that time, and I checked in midday. On those times I did get the upgrade -- from a regular price res -- I arrived early in the morning. However, I also find that throughout Asia it is more difficult to get the upgrade in advance if you specify a NonSmoking room. These tend to be taken up quickly, generally by other elites or paying guests. I have found if I suggest a smoking room, the front desk can generally find me a room on the Exec floors, at most Asian properties.
Thanks for a good idea, Shareholder. BTW, I shouldn't have said "guarantee" in the title, since the subject isn't death or taxes!
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:28 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Savage25
Is there even a difference between the Standard room and a Deluxe room at the Hilton SIN?
I looked at rates in response to this thread and the only rooms offered for a midweek period in January were Deluxe rooms and Executive rooms. For US$175 a night (US$30 or 40 over a Deluxe room) I'd just go ahead and book the executive floor if that's what I really wanted...

Last edited by pdhenry; Oct 22, 2004 at 2:02 pm Reason: Clarify that my numbers were US$, not S$
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:09 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Ha...I see a Standard Floor room showing up at S$210, Deluxe Floor at S$230 and Exec Floor at S$290. All flexible rates.

I still don't think there is a difference between the Standard Floor and Deluxe Floor, except possibly the Deluxe floors are the higher floors. So your "upgrade from Standard to Deluxe" is not really an upgrade.

As I posted on the other thread, there is limited availability of Exec Floor rooms for upgrades at this hotel primarily because a lot of rooms are occupied by Diamonds on long stays on my employer's low corporate rate of S$120 (no surprise there as the Hilton SIN is the only major-chain hotel on our corporate approved hotel list in Singapore and we have dozens of foreign assignees in SIN at any given time).

So you could either take your chances on the exec floor upgrade from the Standard/Deluxe rate or buy the Exec floor rate if you want it guaranteed like the other posters suggested.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Well, a note to the GM resulted in a conversation with the director of operations Carlos.

I was back at the Sing Hilton last night (I had made the res before last week), and was greeted by the duty mgr, upgraded to EF, walked to my room. It was very similar to the standard rooms, but the bathroom fittings were more modern, the bedside lamps had dimmer switches, and there was a CD player. The shampoos and shower gels were similar to those in the standard rooms. There was an elaborate fruit hamper, a tray of chocolates and a letter of welcome.

Anyway, today I'm back to the Conrad, where life is more straightforward: Golds are upgraded to the Business Floors (comp. breakfast at the Poolside restaurant, free shoeshine, S$10 a day towards dry cleaning, fruit, chocolates, water, conrad bear, large modern bathrooms with a separate shower cubicle). Diamonds are upgraded to the EF.

BTW, I spent the weekend at the Hilton Kuching: wonderful. Great views of the river. New steakhouse downstairs. Attentive staff on the EF. Day trips to explore the rainforest.
Old May 28, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: MILES AND MORE FTL
hilton singapore

any one know hilton in singapore?
any expirence, and so on...

ciao
Old May 28, 2005, 10:02 am

Nope, but I'm booked in there for the 30th of June.

I just emailed them to register my Hhonors gold status and they told me that "we have our Hilton Honours Floor which is specially cater for our Gold member upgrade for your stay." -- whatever that means
Old May 28, 2005, 10:02 am

Oh, and I've heard that the Conrad is better.

I'm staying at the Hilton because the Conrad was booked out
Old May 28, 2005, 10:03 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
Stay away, you can get the Conrad for similar rates and a much better product. Do a search there's lots of info.
Cheers
Old May 28, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Mr GoodTimes and I stayed there a very long time ago (11 years) so can't say much more about the hotel, except that it is situated on Orchard Road...if you like shopping, it's the best location...at least, it was then.

We turned up at the airport at 2am and rang the hotel for a room for 3 nights. We managed to get a cheap rate for the room. We turned up at the hotel at around 2.30am and the front desk said we could only check in at noon. So we were about to crash out in the lobby (we were very young then) and then explained that we had been stuck in Bali airport for 12 hours. They were then very sympathetic and gave us the room key to the room where we could sleep (at no additional cost).
Old May 28, 2005, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Hilton os OK, but go for the Conrad. I was there a couple of months ago. No complaint about the Hilton. Good people, nice hotel. But I much prefer the Conrad location to Hilton. I know people like to rave about the shopping along Orchard Road (Hilton location), but one thing I remember is standing across from the Hilton and seeing three 7-11s in about 1 block. I guess there is lots of other shopping, but right at the Conrad is Suntec City, a massive convention / office / shopping center with everything you could want. And if you want to go somewhere, taxis are very cheap and plentiful. Survive the ride over, but enjoy the stay!
Old May 28, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Having stayed at the Conrad I can vouch that it is impressive in its customer service. They took very good care of me when my luggage was awol. Very nice property, nice pool and gym and very nice rooms with sweeping city views. Can't go wrong with the Conrad....and don't forget the teddy bear and ducky
Old May 28, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I stayed at the Hilton a few weeks ago and it was ok. I was treated well bey all involved and if you want to be on orchard road then it is in a good location. The room was a little old and I couldnt get one withough a smoke smell but I was only there for a few days. The exec loung was decent enough for both breakfast and drinks in the evening. The staff was nice throughout the hotel. I would probably go to the Conrad next time but would stay at the Hilton again if I had to.
Old May 28, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I agree with the previous posters. The Conrad is cheaper (usually), quieter, more elegant, has a better lounge, gives you a duck and a teddy bear, is more modern, and has better diamond amenities. In addition, it has more chairs in its lobby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.