Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2003, 9:14 am

Hilton SIN email?

I will stay at this hotel in a few weeks time and I need the mail address to the hotel. Anyone has it?
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:20 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
These were what I've used before. It's been more than a year since I've stayed there so I don't know if they're up to date.

[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:21 am

Try this:

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Sep 11, 2003, 8:58 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They sent me this as a contact email address in a recent email blurb:

[email protected]

Old Dec 20, 2003, 2:05 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rjh:
[B]On our first family trip to S'pore in 1994, we had two adults, one 10 year old, and one infant. We booked at the S'pore Hilton ok, but, enroute, while at an intermediate stop, Hilton called and said that there had been a mistake and no way, no how could we have 4 in a room. Big drama.

As it turned out, we showed up after midnight and the night staff took care of us. (I had no status at the time.)

We stayed in a single room with a roll away installed on our arrival. The four of us stayed the next year in a single room, too, as well as staying multiple times in the Marriott a couple of blocks away, which had, on paper, a similiar restriction.

Having said this, I believe S'pore law is fairly strict about 4 in a room and I'm not sure that what was ok with a wink then is allowable now.
</font>

Any one recently get 2 kids + 2 adults into a hotel in Singapore? My kids will be 1.5 years and 3 years old at the time we need the room. At most we will need one rollaway bed, but realistically we can all "fit in one king sized bed"

------------------
kpc
Old Dec 20, 2003, 3:53 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Mrs NM and I and our then 8 year old son stayed at Singapore Hilton about 18 months ago. The room was not very large but they did provide us a roll-away bed for the child at no cost. But it only just fit into the room.</font>
Rooms on the 28th Floor (Executive Floor) where the Club Lounge is located are much larger than rooms on other floors; very spacious rooms and the sliding door opens out to a balcony !

May be a good idea to request for a room on this floor if you intend to have an additional bed in the room.
Old May 11, 2004, 5:32 am

Sngapore Hilton

I have seen very cheap rate at Hilton Singapore for June, and it seems to be well located on Orchard . We are looking at "beeing where the action is", I don't know Singapore much, would you recommend this hotel ?

For a few more dollars (Hilton is 70, Mandarin Oriental is around 115) , would you recommend I stay at Mandarin or any other nice property in Singapore - but seems to be "slightly" off place (?) ? we are staying twice in the city in June, and we only want a good base to start visiting and shopping etc . Also is there is anice pool we'll appreciate it.

The only reason we are considering Hilton for now is (partly) because of HH and also because it is on Orchard road which seems to be the main spot for tourists (that's us ! ).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by france usa; May 11, 2004 at 5:34 am Reason: (sorry / duplicate thread)
Old May 11, 2004, 5:33 am

Singapore Hilton

I have seen very cheap rate at Hilton Singapore for June, and it seems to be well located on Orchard . We are looking at "beeing where the action is", I don't know Singapore much, would you recommend this hotel ?

For a few more dollars (Hilton is 70, Mandarin Oriental is around 115) , would you recommend I stay at Mandarin or any other nice property in Singapore - but seems to be "slightly" off place (?) ? we are staying twice in the city in June, and we only want a good base to start visiting and shopping etc . Also is there is anice pool we'll appreciate it.

The only reason we are considering Hilton for now is (partly) because of HH and also because it is on Orchard road which seems to be the main spot for tourists (that's us ! ).

Thanks for your help.
Old May 11, 2004, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Do a search under SINGAPORE and you'll find lots of discussion of the relative merits of the HILTON over the CONRAD. Yes, it is very convenient to shopping and "where things are happening" in the city state, walking distance to the subway -- one change of lines to/from SIN -- but an older property. I prefer it to the CONRAD for location and price, but many folks here cannot stand a property that is more than a few years old, so put it down near the bottom of their lists. Rad the threads and decide for yourself.
Old May 11, 2004, 6:00 am
cjd

Originally Posted by france usa

Thanks for your help.
Stayed at the Hilton about 3 years ago and found it okay. As you say, it's a good location on Orchard Road where all the main shops are. It has a pleasant rooftop pool which is great after a day's touring/shopping especially as it's so humid there. Most Ft'ers now rave about the Conrad which is a bit further out but taxis are cheap and this would also get you HHonors points. I would probably give the Conrad a try after reading so many good reports.
Old May 11, 2004, 6:00 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by france usa

Thanks for your help.
If you want to be in the middle of the shopping action, Orchard Road is the place. But for me, it's too crowded there. People literally swarm all over the place. The Conrad is nice as it's more secluded and a nice respite from the crowds and heat. It's also a great hotel with very gracious staff. You can walk over to the Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel and have a Singapore Sling

And don't just try the ubiquitous chilie crabs, but also the pepper crabs, which I think are even better. Yum

Have a great trip!
Old May 11, 2004, 6:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Major construction works at Marina Square

france usa,

When in June are you going to be in SIN? I will be there 22-26 June. A word of caution about the Mandarin Oriental. I was going to book into the hotel but the reservations agent (as well as the on-line booking form at the main M-O site) are warning guests that there will be noise disruption due to massive construction and renovation works at Marina Square mall. The hotel apparently will have special guest relations officers on hand 24hrs a day. This is to continue into October or so, from early morning until about 8:00pm at night. As a result, I have decided not to stay at the Oriental in Singapore.

The Conrad is nearby (literally across the street) but the hotel has advised me that the Conrad will not be affected by the noise disruption.

Perhaps I will see you in SIN ^
Old May 11, 2004, 6:15 am

I shall be in SIN June 12, 24 and 27 ... June 24 I won't sleep there, just one day in the city...
Old May 11, 2004, 9:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I stayed at both the Hilton and the Conrad in SIN this past January. Though the Hilton wins points for location (and having quite possibly the most upmarket shopping mall in the world connected to its lobby), the Conrad wins hands down in terms of comfort of room, service, amenities, and breakfast buffet. The health club is very good and they have a nice pool. The staff are amazing and are just as good (and in some cases even better) than any Four Seasons/Ritz-Carlton property I've stayed at.

As mentioned, taxis are cheap in SIN and it's only about a 5 minute taxi ride to a central location such as th Raffles.

I'd stay away from the Mandarin Oriental. Though I didn't stay there, I did an extensive walking tour of the property. The lobby looks pretty dumpy and the immediate area that surrounds it is noisy and crowded. Service at their all-day restaurant, Cafe des Artistes, was subpar. It's a shame that this property, as well as the Mandarin Oriental Macau, is associated with the gem on Hong Kong Island.

If you want to splurge a bit, go for the Ritz-Carlton (outstanding views). They offer some very good rates starting at around S$260.

Otherwise, you won't be disappointed by the Conrad.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:50 am

The Hilton is indeed right in the middle of Orchard but itis older and I think the Conrad is a much better hotel even if it is a bit far from Orchard. It has a nice pool.

You get to Orchard by metro ( fun), you can even walk or use the SIA loop bus that will take you around the island tourist site. Ther is a stop right near the Conrad.

The Norad itself is located near a shopping center and get ready, CARREFOUR ( you're French, right?). It'll be intereting for you to pay a visit to Carrefour and see what they sell there

Conrad.

Plus you get a free rubber duckie and a free teddy bear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.