Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hilton Singapore Lounge Hours

Sorry, couldn't get this by a quick search on this forum.

Would someone know the opening hours of the Executive Lounge ? I plan to checkin at 11PM, was hoping to get some late night food and/or drinks.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I believe the opening hours are 06:30 to 22:30.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:55 pm

Early, Early check in - Singapore?

Just booked a trip to Singapore for the miles. I arrive at 1: 25 AM the morning of Oct 2 at the airport but I am assuming that by the time I get done with luggage, customs and trip to city it will be closer to 2:30-3:00 AM before I see the Hilton. What time has anyone been able to check in for Thursday night? 8:00 AM? I am hoping not to have to use an additional 25000 points for a room that I will only be in for half the night. Am Diamond if that would have any impact.

Thanks,

Gwen

PS. traveling alone. Any issues with single female's safety?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

You could book a room at the transit hotel at the airport, then arriving at the hotel mid morning. You'll be refreshed and been able to bathe, thus able to check your bags with the doorman and go out for your day, should a room not be available.

There are too many nights in Singapore when hotels are sold out. It's risky to think there would be a room available early to mid morning.

Singapore is very safe. I'm a woman and often travel alone. I don't think a thing of it in Singapore.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:52 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I wouldn't take the risk of being stranded in the hotel lobby for hours. Besides the transit hotel, you could consider staying at the Changi Village hotel (aprox US$ 105 per night) or try to get a hotel at a discount rate through Priceline.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
We arrived In Jan between 8:00-8:15 and the room was ready, but you will be there in the middle of the night. And of course there are no guaranties.

I also don't see a safety problem.

Good luck!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:58 pm

Thanks to all. I am looking to book a cheaper hotel close to the Hilton for the 1st night. From Tripadvisor it looks like the Fragrance chain has good prices.

Gwen
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
We arrived really early in the morning at the Singapore Hilton and was told that our room wouldn't be ready until later ... unless we were willing to pay for a room.

We told them we'd wait and we spread ourselves out in the lobby ... they found us a room
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:32 am

Removed

Last edited by ale4me; Aug 4, 2009 at 5:37 pm Reason: Work related
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:48 am

ges123

Make sure that you at least price the Transit Hotel at the airport that was recommended by SanDiego1K. The great advantage is that you can book it for a block of 6hours for about $35 (single budget room) and there is no prescribed check-in time. You can also be in bed within minutes of your arrival at SIN.

Its a great deal

See

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/roomrates.htm
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ges123
Thanks to all. I am looking to book a cheaper hotel close to the Hilton for the 1st night. From Tripadvisor it looks like the Fragrance chain has good prices.

Gwen
I stayed at the Fragrance Emerald in August. I paid about S$61.00. The hotel is great for the price although the area it is in isn't good.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
ges123

Make sure that you at least price the Transit Hotel at the airport that was recommended by SanDiego1K. The great advantage is that you can book it for a block of 6hours for about $35 (single budget room) and there is no prescribed check-in time. You can also be in bed within minutes of your arrival at SIN.

Its a great deal

See

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/roomrates.htm
Will my waiting suitcase be safe while I am in the tranist hotel?
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Thisis veering off Hilton and onto alternatives at SIN. If the thread vers off more than it has so far it'll need to be moved ot the appropriate forum.

Just a heads up.

squeakr
MOD Hilton
Old Sep 11, 2008, 1:20 pm

Thanks squeakr

Originally Posted by squeakr
Thisis veering off Hilton and onto alternatives at SIN. If the thread vers off more than it has so far it'll need to be moved ot the appropriate forum.

Just a heads up.

squeakr
MOD Hilton
Please move to Singapore forum.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
This place now switched free wi-fi off during free drinks !!

Well, it's a new one on me.

There is no doubt that this is predominantly a business hotel, yet some genius has come up with the novel idea of turning off the free internet access during evening drinks !!!. That's 2.5 hours from 6 - 8.30pm on a weekday.

The explanation offered was 'feedback from guests told us that they didn't like the way the lounge looked like an internet cafe' in the evening with everyone working on their laptops.

Fancy that eh ?. Business people working on their laptops in the Executive / Business Lounge of a Hotel.

Whatever next ?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.