Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
There is a spend counter on the Amex website covering normal spend from January 1 of each year for the annual cert. This at least will tell you your spend from 1JAN22, then check your 2021 statements. Or you have to call.

I made note of my annual spend when I signed up for the $8K spend cert, so I knew how much spend I needed to reach $8K in 2022.
I just do a Custom Date Range from Nov. 2 to the present.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by san888
I just chatted with Amex and they gave me my spend through my last statement (1/15), I met the spend on 1/18. The agent said I would get the cert when the charge was billed.

Can anyone share their experiences on when they got the cert?
I receive the free night email once the final charge to meet the spend officially posted.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I receive the free night email once the final charge to meet the spend officially posted.
Do you mean Posted like just came out of Pending, and has your statement closed?

I'm almost a week past hitting $8K and I've heard nothing. No e-mail, no certificate in account, nothing. Will do a Chat tomorrow.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:42 pm

I did a chat today with Amex and they said it can take up to 16 weeks to show up, and that I should look for an email from Hilton.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gloopgop
I did a chat today with Amex and they said it can take up to 16 weeks to show up, and that I should look for an email from Hilton.
That's a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait, and it also does not dovetail at all with DP's here of some (many) getting their certs immediately. Knee jerk response when they don't know the answer.
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:14 pm

I've met the spend requirement a week ago and still haven't received the certificate, did anyone had luck reaching out to Amex to get the certificate issued manually?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by glasszon
I've met the spend requirement a week ago and still haven't received the certificate, did anyone had luck reaching out to Amex to get the certificate issued manually?
I Chatted with Amex yesterday. I hit the spend with a large purchase on1/18. The rep said I would get cert once that charge settled, could not get him to elaborate further. I really expected to have it within a few days but reading other recent posts seems something has changed. He said not to worry it will come once the charges settle. I highly doubt they will do anything manually. I'm sure we'll get them soon.

Will update as soon as I get it,
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Anyone else trying to hold off completing the spend requirement so as to stretch the expiration date on these until end of Feb. 2023? That's what I am thinking I will do.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Anyone else trying to hold off completing the spend requirement so as to stretch the expiration date on these until end of Feb. 2023? That's what I am thinking I will do.
That's not a bad idea. Maybe I won't contact them to speed things up, just let it evolve.
christianj likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:29 pm

Echoing last few non-instant data points here - charge that took me over was actually 1/12 and still nothing -- chatted today, was told 7-10 days from charge (its been 11) and also confirmed spend during promo period hit... agent just said "it'll come, rest assured" - OK...........
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same here, crossed 8K on 1/16, nothing yet from Amex/Hilton
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:27 am

Has anyone received their FNC from this promo since Jan 15?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
Has anyone received their FNC from this promo since Jan 15?
I have the same question.... based on what I see doesn't seem so. Hopefully more people chime in.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:25 am

I'm thinking the early birds who hit the spend quickly got theirs right away, but now most of us are hitting the 8K all at once and they might be overwhelmed processing?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm thinking the early birds who hit the spend quickly got theirs right away, but now most of us are hitting the 8K all at once and they might be overwhelmed processing?

I doubt its a volume issue. Could well be an IT issue - tracker incorrectly reset on Jan 1? Will be good to get some DP and figure out when the last FNC was issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.