Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
I need a 6th night on 27th March so if anyone is cancelling let me know otherwise I guess I'll just have to book another night, I should have booked it originally when there was bags of availability and not left it another 3 months, stupid of me!

I must say the transfer price is eye-watering, a spectacular amount for what it is.

I'm slightly not up to speak but i've got 5 nights in a BV which was the original points booking and I'm sure my wife would rather be in an overwater so should I email them and ask for the change?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:52 am

Restaurant Prices

Also, Jphripjah, Alanslegal, Traveler Dave or anyone who's visited, do you guys happen to have the menu for Yasmeen, The Rock, or The Ledge?

I know that someone has tried Yasmeen Option B for ~$400.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:17 am

I upgraded to a grand reef villa for 400$ next year. Since the reef villa is a free "downgrade" could I get refunded 200$?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Scotland
I need a 6th night on 27th March so if anyone is cancelling let me know otherwise I guess I'll just have to book another night, I should have booked it originally when there was bags of availability and not left it another 3 months, stupid of me!

I must say the transfer price is eye-watering, a spectacular amount for what it is.

I'm slightly not up to speak but i've got 5 nights in a BV which was the original points booking and I'm sure my wife would rather be in an overwater so should I email them and ask for the change?
I need the same night of March 27. I was waiting to use a free weekend night for March 27 but there is no availability left.
We currently have March 21 - 26 and March 28 all booked using points.
Our flight out is on March 28 so I might have to purchase the night of March 27 of all else fails.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NightFury1
Also, Jphripjah, Alanslegal, Traveler Dave or anyone who's visited, do you guys happen to have the menu for Yasmeen, The Rock, or The Ledge?

I know that someone has tried Yasmeen Option B for ~$400.

The Rock was never (or almost never) open when I was there. Never made it to Yasmeen. The Ledge menu changed daily though some items seem to be standards. The Peri Peri chicken was very good and reasonably priced for the size of it. As was the tuna.

The appetizers are all very small but every one I had was good. The pork and crab grill stickers are two small stickers and they only charged me $12 for them and a few nights later they were priced at $12 on the menu. The Jamaican chicken appetizer is two small chicken wings.

Here's the menu from the first night I was there back in July.

Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Same here, I called up with the cert last night and they said, no! Oh well!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Scotland
Most folks prefer OW and if it's the first time to the Maldives and you don't think you'll be going back any time soon then go for it. One thing to consider is the distance away from the facilities and restaurants so you could ask for a villa closer to that area if you don't fancy walking a kilometre there and back - especially in the hot sun.

Originally Posted by goliath
Tempting. Where did you quote this from? Do you have a link?
It was this one https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article106040.html
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
I need some help to pick best rooms, not sure if I am going to get a BV, OWV or RV, could you let me know which one are the best for each one, location and privacy?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by honores41
I need some help to pick best rooms, not sure if I am going to get a BV, OWV or RV, could you let me know which one are the best for each one, location and privacy?
Thanks in advance.
check out the wiki, alan had some pretty nice reviews/opinions

See this post and this post
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I had originally confirmed an upgrade for $400++ per night into an OWV. I emailed them again to see if I could be put into the OWV for no charge and it was a success!

Also note, according to my email below, it seems indeed that they have changed the transfer cost from $370++ pp per way to $350++ pp per way and now to $300++ pp per way. So it doesn't look like they gave anyone an offer, just that they've revisited the transfer costs and adjusted accordingly to anyone who brought it up?

I also asked again if they are going to honor my rate of $370++ RT. If they do, I'll be one happy customer.
Is the new rate of $300++ pp per way only for reservations in 2020? I have a reservation coming up from August 31st and wondering if they will charge me the old rate or if I can get them to charge me the new rate only.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by WorldTravl
I upgraded to a grand reef villa for 400$ next year. Since the reef villa is a free "downgrade" could I get refunded 200$?
You paid already?

Originally Posted by rish
Is the new rate of $300++ pp per way only for reservations in 2020? I have a reservation coming up from August 31st and wondering if they will charge me the old rate or if I can get them to charge me the new rate only.
I didn't ask that part, but you should double check.

Also, I was able to reconfirm that the $370++ RT rate is honored (Managed to save that $8++ x2). Along with saving money from the free OWV that would have costed me $2500... Guys... I think I'm going to Terra!

Originally Posted by jphripjah
The Rock was never (or almost never) open when I was there. Never made it to Yasmeen. The Ledge menu changed daily though some items seem to be standards. The Peri Peri chicken was very good and reasonably priced for the size of it. As was the tuna.

The appetizers are all very small but every one I had was good. The pork and crab grill stickers are two small stickers and they only charged me $12 for them and a few nights later they were priced at $12 on the menu. The Jamaican chicken appetizer is two small chicken wings.

Here's the menu from the first night I was there back in July.
Thank you!

Last edited by NightFury1; Aug 22, 2019 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Moflav
I remember seeing the offer but I believe it was for cash bookings only but someone may want to double check. At the time, I entered in some dates and never found any dates that would qualify for the offer. Of course, that could be due to Hilton/WA IT issues
You are correct. That was for cash bookings.

TD
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
I received this WA email (my stay sept.28-oct.3.2019):

Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for unforgettable experiences.
We’re about 27.5km away from Velana International Airport and our luxury yacht transfer is a 30 minute ride from Velana International airport which can be arranged 24/7 according to your international flight arrival time. A shared transfer on the resort's yacht is US $300 + taxes and service per adult per way.
Waiting time prior to the transfer may vary from 30-90 minutes, we appreciate your understanding.
A private yacht transfer is available upon request. With respect for our guests’ privacy and security, third party transfer is not permitted.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:20 pm

I don't think that photo is necessarily indicative of the foliage between most beach villas and the ocean. Recall the early complaints about privacy -- that people walking on the beach could see into the villas due to lack of foliage. I walked most of the beach in front of the 600 and 200 beach villas and I think the foliage in front of this one would be one of the densest.
I believe you are correct. I was told our suite (607) was the first suite they started foliage with. They all may not look like 607 now (I know the ones on the "inside" near the Nava bar do not), but that is the plan for all of them....good or bad...

TD
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

They told me they would honor it but then they tried to charge me the regular rate at checkout so keep an eye on it.
+1

Was very annoyed to see it on my bill at checkout since I clarified the correct fees in an email before my arrival and let my concierge know what I expected the day after we arrived. I was less than pleasant when I saw it on the bill. They were quick to adjust it, and totally removed my daughters charges (I did not ask them too) as an apology.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.