Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the picture - this is very telling. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that I would pay a premium for a room with that view. In my opinion, booking BV would be out of need (if you have very young children), not because of preference.
I don't think that photo is necessarily indicative of the foliage between most beach villas and the ocean. Recall the early complaints about privacy -- that people walking on the beach could see into the villas due to lack of foliage. I walked most of the beach in front of the 600 and 200 beach villas and I think the foliage in front of this one would be one of the densest.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not sure if this post got through before but if you can, could you please take a pic or two at night in the direction of Male. Interested to know how visible all the lights on that island are after dark. TIA!

I took a few low quality photos with my iPhone of the "Male view" daytime and nighttime.

In the daytime photo here from 623 you can make out the 25 story hospital on the horizon on the right side of the photo.

View from deck of 623 at night

View from wooden pathway around villa 715 at night. The photos don't show it but Male is a bit more prominent at night and the villas around 715 probably have the closest/most direct view of Male and the lights.

Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I know this is an old article (July 2) but did anyone, when booking through the website or resort directly, get the exact same package that is offered at the bottom of the article?

If so, how much was it and for what villa cat (presumably standard BV) and length of stay?
That's quite an offer. I'm really tempted to cancel my booking (I booked in June) and see if it drops back into points inventory. If it does, I'll book it again and get the free transfer and $100 a day credit.

If it doesn't go back to inventory, I've got the extra 3 nights booked at CR as well, so we'll just make this a CR stay and try the WA in a year or two when it has had a chance to iron out the issues.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
That's quite an offer. I'm really tempted to cancel my booking (I booked in June) and see if it drops back into points inventory. If it does, I'll book it again and get the free transfer and $100 a day credit.

If it doesn't go back to inventory, I've got the extra 3 nights booked at CR as well, so we'll just make this a CR stay and try the WA in a year or two when it has had a chance to iron out the issues.
I remember seeing the offer but I believe it was for cash bookings only but someone may want to double check. At the time, I entered in some dates and never found any dates that would qualify for the offer. Of course, that could be due to Hilton/WA IT issues
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I know this is an old article (July 2) but did anyone, when booking through the website or resort directly, get the exact same package that is offered at the bottom of the article?
Tempting. Where did you quote this from? Do you have a link?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by goliath
Tempting. Where did you quote this from? Do you have a link?
https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e.../100122240.htm

I entered in five to six day dates all the way to December and found:

"This hotel has limited availability for DISCOVER THE UNFORGETTABLE around the dates you have selected. Use the "Back a week" and "Forward a week" buttons in the grid below to search for availability or find another hotel."
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I don't think that photo is necessarily indicative of the foliage between most beach villas and the ocean. Recall the early complaints about privacy -- that people walking on the beach could see into the villas due to lack of foliage. I walked most of the beach in front of the 600 and 200 beach villas and I think the foliage in front of this one would be one of the densest.
Thanks, I hope other BVs have a better view indeed!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Moflav
https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/e.../100122240.htm

I entered in five to six day dates all the way to December and found:

"This hotel has limited availability for DISCOVER THE UNFORGETTABLE around the dates you have selected. Use the "Back a week" and "Forward a week" buttons in the grid below to search for availability or find another hotel."
Can anyone see anything on this page that indicates you have to book under a special rate promo? It reads to me that ALL new bookings get this deal: https://newsroom.hilton.com/waldorf/...ts-in-maldives
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Can anyone see anything on this page that indicates you have to book under a special rate promo? It reads to me that ALL new bookings get this deal: https://newsroom.hilton.com/waldorf/...ts-in-maldives
Page linked is Offer Details page for Discover The Unforgettable offer. It looks obvious to me that offer needs to be booked under Discover The Unforgettable rate plan.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Page linked is Offer Details page for Discover The Unforgettable offer. It looks obvious to me that offer needs to be booked under Discover The Unforgettable rate plan.
The page I've linked is a newsroom press release about the opening of the WA Maldives.

Also "seems obvious" in no way equates to "categorically stated". I might have a crack at this, but just asking anyone can see anything I've missed on the page I linked (which is different so the other link above).
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:28 am

Deleted
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:29 am

I had originally confirmed an upgrade for $400++ per night into an OWV. I emailed them again to see if I could be put into the OWV for no charge and it was a success!

Also note, according to my email below, it seems indeed that they have changed the transfer cost from $370++ pp per way to $350++ pp per way and now to $300++ pp per way. So it doesn't look like they gave anyone an offer, just that they've revisited the transfer costs and adjusted accordingly to anyone who brought it up?

"We thank you for your loyalty towards Hilton and for choosing to stay with us for your Maldivian getaway. It will indeed be a pleasure to have you with us.

We have of course revised our entry villa category for next year based on a thorough analysis of the demand for different villa types during this this year.

Delighted to let you know that we do have King Overwater Villa with Pool available during your stay period and since your reservation is confirmed for 2020, happy to change your villa type as per your preference without any charge. Kindly advise how you would like to proceed.

Pertaining to your email subject line regarding the transfers, a shared transfer on the resort's yacht is US $300 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill. Waiting time prior to the transfer may vary from 30-90 minutes, we appreciate your understanding. With respect for our guests’ privacy and security, third party transfer is not permitted."
I also asked again if they are going to honor my rate of $370++ RT. If they do, I'll be one happy customer.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:32 am

I cannot find any dates where the Discover The Unforgettable rate is available ??? Am I doing something incorrect? I put in 1 night and searched the flexible calendar
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
I also asked again if they are going to honor my rate of $370++ RT. If they do, I'll be one happy customer.

They told me they would honor it but then they tried to charge me the regular rate at checkout so keep an eye on it.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:40 am

Thanks, I'm going to have that printed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.