Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
It's the standard 20% off that they offer elites. I tried to negotiate to no avail. I sent it to the email address that was on my reservation on the Hilton site. [email protected]
I am Diamond and was offered 30% off upgrades recently by emailing reservation management if this helps!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Regarding WV selection, I read somewhere that 315 and 318 were preferred choices on the sunset side. Is that an opinion that is shared by others here? We would like to be able to snorkel off our deck so sunrise side is out, based on my understanding of MF's posts.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
I am Diamond and was offered 30% off upgrades recently by emailing reservation management if this helps!
Hey TIlly, You have an email address that we can use? Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Hey TIlly, You have an email address that we can use? Thanks
[email protected]
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, United Plat
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Woah, definitely need to hear more about this.
I am arriving next week and emailed asking to confirm use the lounge upon departure, specifically as a HH Diamond. All I got was the $85 pp quote plus the brochure. Pretty disappointing to book under one set of elite benefits and have them rescinded before arriving. Also, our flight is quite late, so I imagine we'll have extended time in Male before takeoff where the lounge is quite beneficial.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:07 am

We are departing today and late night flight as well, so sad that no more free lounge access for diamond Hotel is full so we couldnt get late checkout but they confirmed to put us on the last flight out leaving around 4ish hotel time. luckily we have the priority pass so we can access it for 3 hours, hopefully it's good.

regarding the drone policy, we were only allowed to fly our drone in the open space in front of the security hut and notify security. We were the only ones flying the drone on our stay, we didn't hear any drones outside other area so no one breaking the rule

trip reports and photos will follow!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Is the Hilton departure lounge at MLE the normal airline Business Class lounge?

and are travellers still only allowed into the airport check-in area once their flight is open for check-in circa 2-3 hours before departure?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gallagher
No, it's at the seaplane terminal. You will be driven over to the international airport before your flight. Lounge access at the airport will be based on your ticket/FFP status/membership.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:15 am
Suspended

Hi guys, I'm staying here in March. I have two questions: 1) Do you feel like the SWV is worth the upgrade cost from a water villa? And 2) If I opt for a SWV, which numbers would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
Hi guys, I'm staying here in March. I have two questions: 1) Do you feel like the SWV is worth the upgrade cost from a water villa? And 2) If I opt for a SWV, which numbers would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
we stayed at 334 and the direct view from the Jacuzzi did not get obstructed by the oversea spa. 331-333 will be obstructed! I requested either 334 or 338 as they are on the end of the group of 4 villas so no close neighbor on one side, I got 334. I think any room 334-342 are with good views!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:45 am

and are travellers still only allowed into the airport check-in area once their flight is open for check-in circa 2-3 hours before departure?
During our stay, we got to the Conrad Lounge pretty early for a late flight on Cathay and as Hilton Gold could only hang out there for two hours. We were originally supposed to take the last seaplane, but because of weather TMA decided to send us early. So by the time our lounge access had expired, there was still a fair bit of time before the check-in gates for Cathay opened up. There are only so many check-in gates at the airport, so they're rotated by carriers. We had to sit around waiting in the check-in area. You pass an initial security section before entering, but there are no lounges here. To get to the lounges, you have to go through secondary screening/customs with your boarding pass. It's not the end of the world, but it's nice being able to wait it out in the lounge obviously, rather than in the heap of people checking in.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:51 am

I think that's the Plaza Premium Lounge. Both are alcohol-free, though, and it sounds like the food is nothing to write home about. Just quiet places to wait.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:45 pm

There used to be a check in lounge for Etihad. Is that no longer the case?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:57 pm

Where to stay at Superior Water Villa

We just booked 7 nights at the Conrad Maldives in late March for our honeymoon. Was wondering if anyone have any pointers in regards to which room to pick for the Superior Water Villa? I was reading previous post from MF and made mentioned that some of the SWV could potentially face the OWS.

Any advice on room number to pick/avoid for SWV is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
There used to be a check in lounge for Etihad. Is that no longer the case?
HA! It's a contract outstation with incompetent workers who have a power trip over passengers. I will never fly EY again to MLE and probably nowhere else in the system due to their actions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.