Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MissVacation
we didn't hear any drones outside other area so no one breaking the rule
Unless they were flying them when the seaplanes were around - those noisy things would have blocked any and all buzz sounds from drones
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by metcon123
We just booked 7 nights at the Conrad Maldives in late March for our honeymoon. Was wondering if anyone have any pointers in regards to which room to pick for the Superior Water Villa? I was reading previous post from MF and made mentioned that some of the SWV could potentially face the OWS.

Any advice on room number to pick/avoid for SWV is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Did you see the post by Miss Vacation above...about 4-5 posts above yours?

We stayed in both WV and SWV in the past 3 years. I did not think the SWV was really worth the extra $$. Wasn't that much of a difference in my opinion. It was closer to Quiet Zone and Vilu, but I don't mind a nice walk from the WVs which could be a bit further. Our SWV was in the cluster of SWV nearest the DWVs and we did not see the Spa.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
I think that's the Plaza Premium Lounge. Both are alcohol-free, though, and it sounds like the food is nothing to write home about. Just quiet places to wait.
it's called Wellness now and we got access with our priority pass. They only served drinks and cookies, no other food option. The lounge is extremely small, probably can fit 30 people max. They limited to two hours max stay and gave you access codes for the WiFi, expired in one hour so you can get two codes each. There's a foodcourt: burger king, diary queen, thai express, the coffee shop, the pizza company, etc. We bought noodles from thai express $12 USD per dish, you'll think it's not expensive after used to see the prices at the Conrad lol!!! My beef noodle was surprisingly flavorful and you can ask for a WiFi access code too!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:11 pm

Hey guys, does anyone know if the dive center has prescription goggles for rent? I just realized that I would probably need them to do the whale shark swim and I leave in 4 days.....
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:48 am

They did couple years ago and would expect they still do.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
I am trying to book this hotel for early next year. Is their no award availability after the 8th of Jan?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
There used to be a check in lounge for Etihad. Is that no longer the case?
I don't think so. The Etihad website lists the Plaza Premium Lounge as the only option in the Maldives.

Originally Posted by saaveraward
HA! It's a contract outstation with incompetent workers who have a power trip over passengers. I will never fly EY again to MLE and probably nowhere else in the system due to their actions.
What happened?

Last edited by lhrhappy; Jan 16, 2018 at 2:12 pm Reason: blasted keyboard
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
I don't think so. The Etihad website lists the Plaza Premium Lounge as the only option in the Maldives.

What happened?
I think I may have posted it somewhere on here, but basically flying MLE-AUH-JFK and onward in F with an obvious blizzard shutting down JFK. EY doesn't bother to cancel the AUH-JFK flight until I'm at the counter in MLE. Station manager says I have to stay in MLE for 3 days and if I board the MLE-AUH segment, EY is "no longer responsible" for my onward transportation. Refused to consult anyone or even pick up a phone at the desk to call someone who actually works for the airline. I called his bluff, went to the airport lounge and got AA on the phone (who ticketed it originally) on wifi and got rebooked MLE-AUH-DFW. Gave up the apartment to fly on their dreadful 777 product with inedible food.

Once Conrad drops you off at the airport, you're on your own.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Dia, United Plat
I've read here that the internet is pretty decent in the rooms via wifi/ethernet. That said, I have some work calls I need to make while there next week; wondering if anyone has experience with quality of skype / facetime via video vs. just audio? Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bwh3m
I've read here that the internet is pretty decent in the rooms via wifi/ethernet. That said, I have some work calls I need to make while there next week; wondering if anyone has experience with quality of skype / facetime via video vs. just audio? Thanks!
Sometimes it worked fine for Facetime and whatsapp calls. Just depends on how many people are on it at that time. I found evenings to be the worst when more people must be in the room using it.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Unless they were flying them when the seaplanes were around - those noisy things would have blocked any and all buzz sounds from drones
Yeah, I bet there are those who try to avoid detection by flying them at those times.

Originally Posted by metcon123
We just booked 7 nights at the Conrad Maldives in late March for our honeymoon. Was wondering if anyone have any pointers in regards to which room to pick for the Superior Water Villa? I was reading previous post from MF and made mentioned that some of the SWV could potentially face the OWS.

Any advice on room number to pick/avoid for SWV is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I would still recommend 338, 339 or 342.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hey guys, does anyone know if the dive center has prescription goggles for rent? I just realized that I would probably need them to do the whale shark swim and I leave in 4 days.....
Originally Posted by mileageking
They did couple years ago and would expect they still do.
mileageking is correct. They always have them available.

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
During our stay, we got to the Conrad Lounge pretty early for a late flight on Cathay and as Hilton Gold could only hang out there for two hours.
Are you sure about that? They said you could only stay 2 hours because you were Gold?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
Hi guys, I'm staying here in March. I have two questions: 1) Do you feel like the SWV is worth the upgrade cost from a water villa? And 2) If I opt for a SWV, which numbers would you recommend?

Thanks a lot!
1. Most definitely if you prefer a sunset view (also much better if you are going to have dinner on the deck) and also the bed faces the ocean which is great to have if you want to relax, listen to music and stare out at the water from that comfortable position.
2. See my post above for the best SWVs.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Are you sure about that? They said you could only stay 2 hours because you were Gold?
Yeah I remember being a little disappointed especially since 1) they told us to head to the lobby to check out hours before we boarded the seaplane, and then 2) only allowed us entry to the lounge for two hours, which put us at the airport an hour before Cathay staffed their check-in gate.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
1. Most definitely if you prefer a sunset view (also much better if you are going to have dinner on the deck) and also the bed faces the ocean which is great to have if you want to relax, listen to music and stare out at the water from that comfortable position.
2. See my post above for the best SWVs.
did you guys actually get any luck with getting requested villa? I have also requested specific number and got this response:

"We have noted your room allocation requests. Although we are unable to confirm a specific location or room number prior to your arrival we will keep your request on high priority and try our best to allocate your preferred villa based on availability of rooms on your arrival"

Of course it makes sense, just wondering what are the chances to get requested villa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.