Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:37 am

I'll add the fact that we can't use Gift Certs to the wiki.

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Yes, it is Villa No.140.
Thanks Tom. Will add that to the wiki as well.

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Unfortunately, no bench press/squat rack. That said, there's a great selection of free weights (in kgs) and nautilus-like machines. More than adequate. Two treadmills, steppers and a bike. Also a punching bag for a nice change of pace. All with a great view.
Not quite sure how I'm going to get by for a whole month without a bench press. Ugh.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not quite sure how I'm going to get by for a whole month without a bench press. Ugh.
something tells me you'll survive.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Darky007
Thanks !!

done,, its working, so need to book more than 5 days to get the special timeframe !

Now booking from 26.12.18 to 05.01.19 a water villa for 760.000 Point !

Great Deal !
I've just grabbed exactly the same dates on points - epic, epic value!! We've been there about a dozen times now, but always in August and October and have always wondered what it's like in their higher seasons weather / sea wise (even though I know that the seasons there are far less predictable than they used to be years ago). Just got to snatch up some decent priced flights once they become available.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Qucik question regarding the WVs: those are advertised to "sleep thre guests". Where would the third guest sleep? On the curved sofa or do they put in a rollaway bed of some sort?
I've never seen an extra bed driven around at the resort but I also don't think a person could comfortably sleep on a sofa of that shape.

We're onsidering trying a WV now that they are available for the "standard" points rate - or I should say: my wife wants to, but peronsally, I'm not convinced and would prefer a regular BV and then an upgrade to a larger over water villa for the second part of the stay, preferrably a RWV, which we've had twice before.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
@goliath: We stayed in a SWV last week. I saw a rollaway bed in front of our neighboring villa, after the chinese family left. So yes, they will use rollaway beds.
But it must be very cramped when one more bed is added to the room.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We had an excellent theee night stay, and writing this from the lounge on departure. I emailed the resort before leaving to confirm lounge access upon departure from Male and glad I did- the concierge informed me that Diamonds will no longer get access in 2018. I didn’t follow up more beyond that because they honored my previous request with no fuss, but a good thing to note for those planning trips in the future! Full report to come.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
@goliath: We stayed in a SWV last week. I saw a rollaway bed in front of our neighboring villa, after the chinese family left. So yes, they will use rollaway beds.
But it must be very cramped when one more bed is added to the room.
When we couldn't get a late check out, a staff member knocked on our door right at check-out time trying to drop off a rollaway bed for the arriving guests. Boy where they fast that day! Never have I had been pressured to leave right on the dot in my hundreds of past hotel stays around the world.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook
the concierge informed me that Diamonds will no longer get access in 2018.
Woah, definitely need to hear more about this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:04 am

There was a slight mix-up so when we arrived on Sunday, they had put an extra bed into our WV: It was actually placed between the bed/nightstand and the door that opens toward the deck, might look a bit cramped, but it is pretty much dead space you otherwise probably wouldn't use anyways.
From what I saw the next morning, I'm not sure it was a rollaway. Looked more like a solid underpart without rolls and the mattress itself

Last edited by SR12; Jan 10, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:55 am

+1 on this. Any other details or formal communication?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook
I emailed the resort before leaving to confirm lounge access upon departure from Male and glad I did- the concierge informed me that Diamonds will no longer get access in 2018. I didn’t follow up more beyond that because they honored my previous request with no fuss, but a good thing to note for those planning trips in the future!
I presume you mean Diamonds will not have free access.

Hmm. I wonder if they're going to give Diamonds something else to supplement the loss of benefit.

something tells me you'll survive.
I wonder if there's one in the staff gym.....
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

Ha, speaking of, i once asked to go the staff island to watch the finals of the staff soccer/footie tournament. (they're quite serious about it). Anyway, politely told that wasn't possible.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I wonder if there's one in the staff gym.....
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:49 pm

Quoted upgrade rates for a Sept-Oct 2018 stay:

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa USD136.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa USD216.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa USD336.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Premier Water Villa USD976.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Beach Suite USD1,776.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Sunset Water Villa USD2,256.00 + tax per night additional

Is the jump from Deluxe to Premier worth the difference in price? I know it is a general question and everyone has there wants and needs, however I am looking to go with either, however $640++ a day extra is a decent chunk of change for a week stay.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Quoted upgrade rates for a Sept-Oct 2018 stay:

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa USD136.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa USD216.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa USD336.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Premier Water Villa USD976.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Beach Suite USD1,776.00 + tax per night additional
Water Villa to Sunset Water Villa USD2,256.00 + tax per night additional

Is the jump from Deluxe to Premier worth the difference in price? I know it is a general question and everyone has there wants and needs, however I am looking to go with either, however $640++ a day extra is a decent chunk of change for a week stay.
May I ask which email you use to get the quote? Trying to duplicate the same quote.. Thank you
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
May I ask which email you use to get the quote? Trying to duplicate the same quote.. Thank you
It's the standard 20% off that they offer elites. I tried to negotiate to no avail. I sent it to the email address that was on my reservation on the Hilton site. [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.