Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2002, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
If you are a dancer, the salsa club at the MIA Airport Hilton is Hot, Hot, Hot, although all the instruction is in Spanish!!!

I also enjoy watching the plane take off and land from my room and this is a wonderful hotel from which to do so. We have always received wonderful upgrade suites at this hotel.

The bartender at the Hilton TPA airport remembers Kokonutz, so maybe it is better not to mention that you are a FlyerTalker at this property.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Redeem Award during Daytona [Motor]Bike Week

Well, given that it looks like I can't redeem my Hilton points during Mardi Gras, perhaps I'll try to do so during Bike Week in Daytona, FL. Or is this also a "high demand" period in which one can't redeem awards. Anyone know the likelihood of redeeming my points during bike week? thx tls
[ok, how does one edit the Topic?]

[This message has been edited by thelostshark (edited 10-28-2002).]
Old Oct 29, 2002, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Will bump this once. tls
Old Oct 29, 2002, 9:06 pm

Anothervote for the MIA Hilton. It is a very nice property, close to the airport, but not too close. I am consistently upgraded as a Gold. It has ample parking (5$/night) and a heck of a salsa club (on the right night).
Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:37 am

I liked the MIA hilton but they made 2 mistakes on my bill--I'm not entirely certain they were honest mistakes, so be attentivie. The Hotel is nice and there is an airport shuttle I believe that runs maybe every 20 minutes. Its very close to the airport so a cab might be $5.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 6:44 am

Programs: Many
Another vote for the MIA Hilton. Agree with Punki on the lounge. And they have a pretty good food spread sometimes, for $2 or 3 IIRC.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL, US
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by m:
thejudge66:
Wow! Are we thinking of the same hotel? I stayed at the Tampa-Airport Westshore Doubletree early this month, and I thought it was great. If this is the same hotel you think is terrible, why do you think so?
</font>
I too thought this was a great property when I stayed there in late August.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 2:01 pm

I guess I need to be a little more specific. There are two D-T in the Westshore/Airport area. The one that faces I-275 is the one that I would avoid. Have ended up there twice...the first time, I was upgraded to a room that literally faced a wall, not 5 feet away from the balcony. The second time, room was OK (despite being interstate frontage), but the hotel was a disaster.

Have not stayed at the Doubletree @ Rocky Point, which appears to be a nice hotel from the outside.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 2:05 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Yes, the Doubletree Guest Suites (@ Rocky Point) is great. It's my favorite Hilton property in the Tampa area.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 2:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Stayed at the MIA Airport Hilton. Very Nice. Was upgraded to a corner suite on a barebones internet rate.

They also staff the GOLD line (unlike other properties I've stayed at) which easily saved us 20 minutes waiting in line.

Old Oct 30, 2002, 7:48 pm
m

It`s amazing that 2 people can have such radically different impressions of the same hotel. I am talking also about the DT near the TPA airport facing the freeway. As I said above, I thought it was great. I got upgraded to a very nice executive level with a lounge and free drinks in the evening. The hotel had a very classy ambiance, and the staff was knowledgeable and very nice. thejudge66 calls it a "disaster". As I asked in my earlier posting, why do you say that? I was really impressed, and I`ve stayed at many Hilton family hotels.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 2:33 pm

Programs: US CP, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Six Continents Platinum, Marriott Silver, and Hyatt Platinum
Key West Hilton Properties

Has anyone stayed in Hilton Properties in Key West recently. I will be getting married there 11/03 and was curious what properties were nice. We will have both singles and families in attendence. Thanks for all the help.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to Flyertalk!!!!

Here is what I came up with after doing a search:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002869.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003311.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004834.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005621.html
Old Nov 11, 2002, 7:10 am

The place you want is the Key West Hilton. The doubletree would be a second. I would not stay at the Hampton Inn.
If you want a Hilton property the Key West Hilton is in the best location. I live just a few short blocks from the Resort. You can email me for more details.

[This message has been edited by keywestbars (edited 11-11-2002).]
Old Nov 11, 2002, 9:11 am

I stayed at the Hilton Key West last week and had a great time. Upgraded to Ocean View room, and got free breakfast certificates (after asking).

Moved over to Sunset Key for the last couple of days, was upgraded to a larger cottage than was booked.

I'd definitely reccomend the Hilton, but for a special occasion would definitely think about the Sunet Key cottages.

If you want more info let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.