Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2002, 3:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the.fluffy.bunny:
Stay away from the Boca Raton Doubletree...it is a dive.</font>
You are being way too kind. I would recommend covering yourself in peanut butter and camping out on an ant hill in the median on Yamato Rd before recommending that 2tree. But, then again, there are the cookies...

The Embassy Suites right next door isn't too bad, and their soundproofing is much better so that the train won't wake you up.

There is a new Hilton Garden Inn on Congress right off the 95 Congress exit. Haven't stayed there yet, but how bad can a brand new hotel be?

Hilton Deerfield Beach (off of 95 Hillsboro exit) is reasonable. Nothing great, but it is quiet and the rooms are clean.

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach (and I mean beach, right on A1A south of Hillsboro) is nice. Being a Diamond, I was always upgraded to ocean view rooms (I normally got 436 or 536). Nice breakfast and location, location, location. Parking was $10 but work was picking up the tab .

Hilton Palm Beach airport is OK. I stay there when I fly in Sunday night into PBI simply for their proximity to the airport (ie spittin' distance).

SteveH
Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:48 pm

The ever viscous Steve wrote:

You are being way too kind. I would recommend covering yourself in peanut butter and camping out on an ant hill in the median on Yamato Rd before recommending that 2tree. But, then again, there are the cookies...

My reply:

Do have any idea how hard it is to get peanut butter out of rabbit fur?

And why would I have to camp out to find ants when I am staying at the Doubletree in Boca Raton? The rooms are infested with them.

Man Steve, ya’ll need to “tow the line” or else I am going to hide all the snacks from you on the fourth floor and delete the simulator on the night you are testing in Cert. Haaahaaa…yes the rabbit sees all)

LOL…

The fluffy one

Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:50 am

Location: Austin, TX AA 1.5MM PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Prez
For Mardi Gras I stayed at a hotel with dirty carpets, dirty bathroom floors and mildew on the ceiling of the bathroom. I had flashbacks to the Tree in Boca that will take months of therapy (or an all-nighter in the cert lab) to recover from.

Do not stay at the Tree in Boca. I also highly recommend staying AWAY from the Hilton in Deerfield Beach. Some of the rooms are nice and it looks pretty, but the service is repeatedly terrible. Last time I was charged $8.48 for a bottle of water I did not drink in the room (and they won't take it off the bill until I write to them). They have also never given me free breakfast coupons unless I get on my knees and beg. The Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach seems to be okay. (and fabulous if you get an oceanfront room!)

Lately I've been staying at a lovely non-Hilton, with so many nice ammenities and great service. Yet some nights... I am lonely for those DoubleTree ants.

Comet
Old Mar 27, 2002, 7:07 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Garden Inn vs. Hampton Inn in St. Augustine, FL??

I am deciding whether to stay at the Garden Inn or Hampton Inn in St. Augustine, FL. I am here for 6 weeks and am staying at Renaissance this week. It's very nice but too far away from work location.
Any experiences with the properties? Better rooms, service, breakfast, etc.?
There als seem to be 2 Hampton Inns, so advise on which of those is better would also be appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 8:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
While I have not stayed at these specific properties, if given a choice I will ALWAYS select a Hilton Garden Inn over a Hampton or Courtyard any time.

Why? Hilton Garden Inns are for the most part brand new or near new properties. Every room includes a refridgerator and a microwave. Every property includes a pool, work out center, jacuzzi, full service restaruant and bar (though I only recommend breakfast!) and most importantly a "Business Center" with fax, copier, basic supplies, and a computer with printer.

Also, If you are a diamond member in HHonors, you will enjoy a free cooked to order breakfast every day!
Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:39 am

Programs: CO plat, HH gold, Marriott silver
While I haven't stayed at the Hampton properties there, I have been to the HGI location. VERY nice, and with Gold I was given the upgrade without even having to ask. Nice location relative to the beach; if you're there to work at the hospital or other place more "in town" you'll have a little bit of a drive, but hey, I'd rather be walking distance to the sand anytime.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:56 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
As previously posted, I stayed at the Garden Inn, St. Augustine Beach and the Hampton Inn, I95. I would take the St. Augustine Beach location over the I95 one because of services available nearby, including a large grocery for things you might need. There is a Hampton across the street from the Hilton. It looks fairly new as is the Hilton. The Hampton has beach access, the Hilton is across the road. The traffic on the road after 6 p.m. is practically nill. It is not a main road, serving only the Beach area off of A1A. The Hilton is friendly, has some maintainance issues (November, 2001) but appears willing to deal with them. Be sure that you check to see that they put the right sheets on your bed before crawling in. Apparantly, they have both king and some other smaller size ones.

Other than the breakfast issue mentioned above, I think this Hilton is basically on a par with most newer Hamptons.

Obviously, if one does not suit you, you have at least two other choices.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 6:22 pm

Ft Myers Suggestions

I will be taking the family to Ft Myers. Any Hilton suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!
Old Apr 10, 2002, 1:03 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
There are a couple of Hamptons that are fine based on our visit in Feb,2002.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 1:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
There is a new Hilton Garden Inn located at College Parkway and Summerlin that opened last fall. Summerlin is the main route to the Beach or Sanibel Island and College Parkway will get you to Cape Coral. It is in a fairly good location ad last I heard was around $89 a night.
Cheers!
Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:25 am

You may consider the new Hilton in Naples. Very nice hotel with a Don Shula Steak restaurant. Waterside Shops, a first class shoping mall and beach nearby.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 4:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
You may consider the new Hilton in Naples. </font>
I second that suggestion. I've stayed there frequently and have been very favorably impressed with the location, amenities, and staff.

Only one "minus" - the concierge lounge is one of those that does not have free "adult" beverages for HHonors VIPs. You have to pay (sign a chit) for them.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:04 am

If it's a family trip, why not take the drive down to Marco Island and stay there--looks like a nice family type resort.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:40 am

Marco Island is a great resort. I was there last month and it was quiet, smaller than most of the other resorts nearby, and definitely family oriented.

I did not stay at the Naples Hilton, but stayed nearby and drove past it a few times. It's very well located and looks brand spanking new.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 9:07 am

There's a Homewood Suites that is very standard but has good people and often decent rates. The location is a bit 'strip mall', but it's a classy strip mall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.