Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down Casa Marina is NOT a Waldorf

Just a quick note to echo sentiments found elsewhere in this thread and on FlyerTalk - the Casa Marina should NOT be flagged as a Waldorf. I stayed there two nights last weekend - $319 per night plus tax plus a $25 resort fee - for a standard room facing the parking lot.

Room was dingy, with dirty furniture and a musty smell. Hallways and common areas often had cracked paint. Doors were always grimy and smudged, with peeling paint on the doorjambs. Dirty, slow elevators. Staff ranged from reasonably competent and friendly (primarily the younger staffers who worked the pool bar and towel service) to downright rude (the valet).

I'd understand if this property were flagged a Hilton. It's really not quite nice enough for that, but if they repainted it, staffed it well, and gave it a thorough deep clean, it could be a Hilton. In its existing condition it should probably be a DoubleTree.

I relayed these comments to Hilton via the website and was awarded a "Be My Guest" free night at any Waldorf without any questions on their part. I assume they must know how bad it is.

Bottom line, only stay there if you get a VERY cheap rate - and if you do, know to lower your expectations accordingly.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Florida, USA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.