Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2002, 6:43 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
I made the mistake of staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation in Miami. I hope they aren't all like that!

Non-existant front desk service, they charged charging me for parking (I took a cab to and from the airport), they wanted to charge me $50 to stay and extra 1/2 hour ($100 for an hour more and a full day after 12pm).

They also told me that they didn't do HHonors. Fortunately, customer service gave the points for that overpriced t*rd.

I'm not sure it's entirely their fault, I think S. Beach has just had its day....
Old Sep 1, 2002, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Stayed at the Hilton on Longboat Key during our recent visit to Sarasota. Desk agent told me it's the second smallest property in the entire chain - just 102 roms at this Hilton - only one smaller is a Hilton Garden Inn somewhere. The Longboat property was very good. I had to explain the diamond benefits to them, but then they gave me full breakfast coupons. "Tiki Hut" restaurant and bar on property was convenient, with either indoor or outdoor seating. This property sits right on the Gulf of Mexico, and their beach is a selling point, too. We were upgraded to a small suite. They made a big deal about letting me use points for our two night stay, so I guess this property is hard to get into. We had a nice stay. Staff was very courteous and friendly.

[This message has been edited by Captain Mike (edited 09-01-2002).]
Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:28 pm

South Beach is uniformly unpleasant -- always has been, for me at least.

Any updates on the Ft. Lauderdale Oceanfront Doubletree? I stayed there last year, and have another stay coming up soon. I loved the room, the view, and the location, but the staff was terrible -- after two days of no maid service, and a front desk that literally never answers the phone, it took a call to Hilton Corporate just to get housekeeping service. I wonder if that was just a fluke, and/or if things have improved?
Old Sep 8, 2002, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We have had pleasant stays at:

Hilton Grand Vacation Club in South Beach. Great location and very pleasant staff. Funky, but nice, retro suite.

The Fontainebleau, MIA Beach. Old, but we had a nice ocean view room and we crashed a wonderful black tie dinner dance. Amazing dance floor. Nice club lounge.

MIA Airport. Great suites overlooking the runway and wonderful salsa music and dancing (lessons in Spanish only) in the bar. Funny rule that men can't go into the dance club in sandals, but girls can. Go figure.

Palm Beach Ocean Front. Nice beachfront property. Very friendly staff. They were extremely nice people.

Have been forced to stay at Hampton Inns in smaller FLA towns because there were no other choices. These Hampton Inns, not surprisingly, were just like most other Hampton Inns.

I know we have stayed at the Hilton at TPA several times, but I honestly can't remember anything much about it but the very nice bartender who, for some strange reason, always remembers me by my friends. The first time I was there I was with Quiet Lion, Hunnybear, Catman, Kokonutz, and my lovely little sister Georgia. I guess they made a big impression.

I really like the Embassy Suites at TPA.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 1:14 am

I have just spent 21nights in Hiltons around Florida.

Naples Hilton is small but new and has great service. The steak resteraunt is great.

Fontainbleau Miami is in a good location with a great pool and good views from the Exec floors. The rooms have been revamped. This hotel IS within walking distance of south beach 45mins each way

St Petersberg Hilton Sucks! Dirty rooms.

Key West Hitlon is on the warterfront and is fantastic. Great rooms, great view, good food.....

West Palm beach Hilton is small and has old rooms.

Old Sep 8, 2002, 6:36 am

Hilton Naples - was upgraded to a beautiful room - was there in a virtual monsoon and never saw the pool or any outdoor facilites - the service was very good.

Hilton Disney - small room, but nicely appointed, nice lounge on exec. floor. We had my dad stay there and he was very happy with it. Be forewarned that the road in front was under construction when we were there in May and getting in/out could be harrowing, and the traffic in front of DT Disney was bad.

Doubletree Resort Orlando-Villas at Maingate -- Not to be confused with any of the other DT's in the area. We had a gorgeous 2 br/2 ba "suite" w/full kitchen, 3 TV's, etc.. everything you could ask for in a vacation hotel. Ask for a room in the back near the lake and you will have a nice view of the water and it is dead silent back there. It's less than 5 minutes from WDW. Also close to real supermarkets, etc... if you are on a budget or just hate shelling out the $$$ for food at Disney.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:01 am

best hilton family hotels in FT. Meyers Fl. area?

Between hampton-summerlin,garden inn or homewood
Which is the best for 2 day vacation stay?stay
Old Sep 11, 2002, 3:06 pm

Have stayed at the Homewood. It was a positive stay, though I am not sure I would call it a vacation location, as it is basically located in an outdoor shopping mall. Unless you have to be in Ft. Meyers, you might want to look at going south to Naples, where there are couple of good properties.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 7:41 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Tampa/MIA airport hotel recommendations

Anyone with a hotel recommendation at TPA and MIA airports ? Any properties with airport/runway views, shuttle service ? (Hyatt Westshore and Marriott seem too expensive for just one night)
Old Oct 25, 2002, 8:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Tampa Westshore has good service, complimentary shuttle, the property is in quite good shape. They don't have executive floors per se, but if you're a Gold you can always ask for an upgrade. To a top floor room with a few. Seemed to me it was 19 or 20 stories high.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 11:01 pm

Tampa Westshore is pretty decent...avoid Doubletree Westshore...its bad and getting worse. ES is nice, but usually very pricey.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 12:12 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Not sure if you saw this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005625.html

I stayed at MIA airport last March and thought it was very nice. Can't speak to upgrades though since I was not elite at the time.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 9:30 am
m

thejudge66:
Wow! Are we thinking of the same hotel? I stayed at the Tampa-Airport Westshore Doubletree early this month, and I thought it was great. If this is the same hotel you think is terrible, why do you think so?
Old Oct 27, 2002, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I did my first two Conquest runs in the Tampa area. The Tampa Airport Hilton hotel was clean and nice, but not a top-shelf Hilton. I did not care for either the Embassy or the Doubletree near the airport.

Going a short drive away from the airport towards Temple Terrace, I found an outstanding Hampton and the finest Embassy I've ever stayed in (on the campus of USF). Both are probably a *tad* far from the airport if that's what you are looking for.

There is also a very, very skanky Doubletree in North Tampa - near Busch Gardens. It honestly looks like it used to be a Days Inn or something, bought by Hilton and painted a different color. I stayed there for two hours (again, doing a "stay run") before fleeing back to the Hampton for the night. The place was filthy with bugs everywhere.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
You also asked about MIA. The aiport Hilton there is very nice. My last visit was courtesy of an AA misconnect. Upgraded, lounge access - overall a very nice hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.