Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2002, 11:13 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
EAA Member, I was going to email you photos of the Marco Island Hilton, but you do not have an email address posted.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 12:38 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
In Ft Myers proper in January, 2002 I stayed, without my family, at the Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and Hampton by the airport. I liked the HGI the best, Homewood next. For a family the Homewood is probably the best among the Hilton choices. Only the HGI had high speed Internet. The HGI free breakfast was better than the Homewood and Hampton. If you want to look beyond Hilton, the Sanibel Beach Resort was pretty appealing.

While in the area, I drove down to Marco Island and thought the Hilton was dated with a not-that-great pool area for a resort, but a decent beach. I didn't stay there, however.
Rich

[This message has been edited by rjh (edited 04-11-2002).]
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:38 pm

The outside of the Hilton does look a bit dated, although certainly not as dated as the Marriott and Radisson properties nearby. The rooms have all been recently redone (I thought the decor favorably to the Ritz in Naples, where I stayed afterward).

While the pool is small, it was never overly crowded; people spent a lot of time on the beach. Remember that the resort is much smaller than nearby competition and thus has fewer people to fill those pool and beach chairs.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I am bumping this up as we have to stay in Palm Beach this summer and are looking for current information on Hilton and SPG properties in the area.

Input?
Old Jun 15, 2002, 10:59 am

Stayed at both properties in the last six months courtesy of Priceline. Singer Island blew the Palm Beach Resort out of the water in every category. Beach is better. Pool is better. Restaurant is better. Parking is better. Staff is better. Location is better.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Ok, now I am even more confused. One vote for Singer Island and one vote for the Palm Beach Hilton.

Any other input? Where are you Horizons?
Old Jun 16, 2002, 7:09 am

Don't know about Singer Island, but I have stayed in Hilton PB Oceanfront, Airport Hilton and The Breakers.
Airport Hilton is no good and old!
PB Oceanfront was very good, I will go back!
The Breakers was the best, but it is bit expensive.

[This message has been edited by LA guy (edited 06-16-2002).]
Old Jun 16, 2002, 5:12 pm
SST

After starting this thread, stayed at the Singer Island hotel, and eyed the Palm Beach one. Singer Island was fine. Nice staff, good pool service, fine beach, cheap rates. Only downside was you were a long ways from Palm Beach for dinner there, if that's what you're in town for. It appeared to be superior in terms of facilities. We didn't eat there (except for breakfast, which was provided with a minimum of hassle, as diamond members. -We had to ask-.)
Old Jul 5, 2002, 11:16 am

Best Value/Comfort/View Oceanfront Hilton Property in Florida?

In pursuit of both the 50K promo and a special weekend getaway, my wife and I are seeking a water/oceanfront Hilton property in Florida for two nights beginning July 27. We love space, light, open views of water, and very comfortable to luxurious furnishings. Who can recommend a great place for us where the blend of value, setting and comfort is outstanding? Do you have a favorite room/suite at that property? We're Diamond so upgrade/extras opportunities are relevant. We live in Orlando and would like to keep the drive to around three hours or less. We love Embassy Suites but they're not always the best value so we're keeping an open mind. While we know we can't have it both ways (inexpensive and luxurious) we'd like to see how close we can get. Where would you and your special other stay if this were your weekend? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 11:40 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Stay away from the Double Tree in FT Lauderdale on the 17th Street causeway. Bad rooms, tacky furniture.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:47 pm

Hilton North Redington Beach was nice. Scooped up Hilton 21 day advance rate at $72 for Blvd view earlier this year for back in May and was upgraded to Gulf view. Right on the beach. Breakfest coupons for $5.95 continental breakfest, which isn't served on the weekend, can use the $5.95 for anything on the menu and for the full breakfest buffet on the weekends. Garage parking out of the sun.

Hilton Marco Island is also very nice. Scooped up 21 day advance rates for $86. Upgraded to a gulf view room. Nice big pool. Right on the beach, but you have to walk over the wooden walkway about 100 feet to get to the beach. $9 resort fee includes 2 beach lounge chairs on the beach. Continental breakfest coupons.

Can't find those cheap rates for these properties now.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
If you do searches, the Doubletree Cocoa Beach seems to be good but it isn't cheap. The reviews of the Hilton is mixed. I'm considering the Hilton Melbourne beach for the weekend after your stay.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
We spent a week at singer island and loved it. The rooms were average, but the location is great. My family loved the free (Gold) breakfast. The menu price was $11.95, and it included made to order omelets, waffles and milk/juice.

For a family of 6, a great beach and free full breakfast makes a great stay. We'll be back.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:10 pm

Did not stay at the Singer Island Hilton, but visited it to eat at Coconuts, its beachfront restaurant. Wonderful dinner. The food was great, the view inside and out was impressive, and the staff was excellent. The rest of the hotel seemed very nice as well. The beach is wonderful as it is anywhere you stay on Singer Island.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
west palm beach advice needed

Will be staying in the PBI area for one night in Oct have an early flight out the next morning, would like to be near a nice area to walk around, resturants. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.