Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm not picky, I would be happy with just the Ginger Ale about right now. Enjoy your marvelous stay again. I'm definitely considering The Walk in the future for at least a few days, which is within my budget.

FYI - Today was so quiet here at the Hampton. I think maybe everyone left for black Friday sales, Thanksgiving, or because the UAE National day or something. It's like a ghost town. (at least for right now)...Yeah!
Wish I could say it was quiet here. They had fireworks and Club dancing music outside. Come on over!
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:26 am

I'm picking a place to stay for two nights in Dubai in a few weeks. Currently booked at the V Hotel, which looked funky and interesting but still high marks. However, the location seems to leave a lot to be desired, in terms of easy in and out access, since I will only be there for a short time (arriving and leaving around lunchtime on the respective days). I know the Conrad isn't as highly regarded here, but for me and the plans I have for Dubai, which don't really involve anything in the Palm area of the city, location is important, so I've narrowed my choices down to the Conrad or any of the hotels in the Al Habtoor group (and as I mentioned, so far I'm booked at the V for 61K points/night, vs. 70 for Conrad and 80 for LXR). As a Diamond, other than location, the important things to me are the breakfast quality and the "niceness" of the room I might get - the V seems to deliver many-category upgrades, but if a 5-category upgrade there is a room roughly on par in quality with a one-category upgrade at one of the other choices, then it's a wash, for instance. I'm unlikely to take advantage of a happy hour, though I *might* if there's good food (don't care about drinks), and whether or not I'll actually use the Le Perle ticket perk that comes with the V booking will very likely be a day-of decision.

So really, this question boils down to how easy is it to actually go in and out from the V Hotel (or LXR, which I assume is comparable), and how is the Diamond breakfast there, and are these answers for the Conrad or LXR enough BETTER to justify switching? Is it walkable to a metro stop like the Conrad - or for that matter, any interesting dining options - or should I assume to just take Uber/Careem everywhere (I'm fine with that if so). The major thing the Conrad seems to have going for it is the location.

Any recent thoughts on these properties would be welcome!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by StckFigure
I'm picking a place to stay for two nights in Dubai in a few weeks. Currently booked at the V Hotel, which looked funky and interesting but still high marks. However, the location seems to leave a lot to be desired, in terms of easy in and out access, since I will only be there for a short time (arriving and leaving around lunchtime on the respective days). I know the Conrad isn't as highly regarded here, but for me and the plans I have for Dubai, which don't really involve anything in the Palm area of the city, location is important, so I've narrowed my choices down to the Conrad or any of the hotels in the Al Habtoor group (and as I mentioned, so far I'm booked at the V for 61K points/night, vs. 70 for Conrad and 80 for LXR). As a Diamond, other than location, the important things to me are the breakfast quality and the "niceness" of the room I might get - the V seems to deliver many-category upgrades, but if a 5-category upgrade there is a room roughly on par in quality with a one-category upgrade at one of the other choices, then it's a wash, for instance. I'm unlikely to take advantage of a happy hour, though I *might* if there's good food (don't care about drinks), and whether or not I'll actually use the Le Perle ticket perk that comes with the V booking will very likely be a day-of decision.

So really, this question boils down to how easy is it to actually go in and out from the V Hotel (or LXR, which I assume is comparable), and how is the Diamond breakfast there, and are these answers for the Conrad or LXR enough BETTER to justify switching? Is it walkable to a metro stop like the Conrad - or for that matter, any interesting dining options - or should I assume to just take Uber/Careem everywhere (I'm fine with that if so). The major thing the Conrad seems to have going for it is the location.

Any recent thoughts on these properties would be welcome!
I stayed at all three that you mention above at Christmas. The Conrad shone like a star over them all. The LXR has the best hard product; extremely high end finish with beautiful gardens and a lobby that is beautiful. During my stay here it was at full occupancy and they really struggled, to a level that was embarrassing. People shooting in reception, staff being curt and rude, service levels way below their aspirations. The rooms here either look over the gardens to the front with large LED yellow lights beaming into the rooms, the massive highway (comically called ‘canal views’) or a small road with speed bumps. The hotel is low rise so is affected by the environment around much more than the Hilton or V. The first two rooms they allocated me were spacious, had a great design, excellent linen and fixtures but were totally abused. Stains on the carpet, broken lampshades, mould on the shower, soap scum on the shower, stained cushions and poor housekeeping. The towels looked and felt like they’d been washed a gazillion times. The third room (a suite that suddenly became available after being sold out) was of junior suite size at best and in much better condition, with excellent ADP amenities. If they’d given me that room to start I would’ve had much less to dislike. The breakfast was good here, but they were swamped and produce no way as good quality as in the Conrad. There is no lounge so they do a happy hour with free drinks, but it’s from 3-6 (that’s pool time for me) and all of the beers were sold out. The bar was beautiful but so quiet at that time the staff would disappear to talk to their friends and you’d have to hunt them down for another drink. The pool area is small but make sure you head to the right hand side away from the bar to ensure you sit next to the heated pool. One member of staff here to serve drinks and food - slow isn’t the word. Good news though, the door to the Hilton and V pool is really close so I ended up going there.

The V hotel shares its lobby with the show, so it gets swamped before and after each day. The decor here really isn’t my taste, a little creepy IMO. Upgraded to a suite here, but the service just as swamped. I think they base the service on summer low levels and don’t adjust for peak seasons. The housekeeping was just as poor here, clean the showers please Al Habtoor. The pool area here is excellent though, bigger than the Palace but not as busy as the Hilton. The guy attending here was friendly and worked so hard. The prices were also less than the LXR - just through a door!

The Conrad was the one I was least excited about, it’s a product I’ve stayed in for a long time now. The service here was amazing, even at peak NYE. Taken up to the lounge to check in, upgraded to an amazing suite with panoramic views. Welcome treats each day in the room. The lounge was busy but the girls worked so hard at happy hour and your drink never went half way down before another would be behind it. The spread of food was just as good as I remember for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. The pool area has new loungers and bar furniture - it looks amazing. Service here was impeccable too, with prices even more reasonable than the Habtoor City hotels.

The metro right outside the Conrad is unbeatable, it’s closeness to the airport too works out well. It’s easy to get in and out of a unlike HC with its surrounding construction for Careems.

Pretty easy to see which is my favourite!
s777bg likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by residentx
I stayed at all three that you mention above at Christmas. The Conrad shone like a star over them all. The LXR has the best hard product; extremely high end finish with beautiful gardens and a lobby that is beautiful. During my stay here it was at full occupancy and they really struggled, to a level that was embarrassing. People shooting in reception, staff being curt and rude, service levels way below their aspirations. The rooms here either look over the gardens to the front with large LED yellow lights beaming into the rooms, the massive highway (comically called ‘canal views’) or a small road with speed bumps. The hotel is low rise so is affected by the environment around much more than the Hilton or V. The first two rooms they allocated me were spacious, had a great design, excellent linen and fixtures but were totally abused. Stains on the carpet, broken lampshades, mould on the shower, soap scum on the shower, stained cushions and poor housekeeping. The towels looked and felt like they’d been washed a gazillion times. The third room (a suite that suddenly became available after being sold out) was of junior suite size at best and in much better condition, with excellent ADP amenities. If they’d given me that room to start I would’ve had much less to dislike. The breakfast was good here, but they were swamped and produce no way as good quality as in the Conrad. There is no lounge so they do a happy hour with free drinks, but it’s from 3-6 (that’s pool time for me) and all of the beers were sold out. The bar was beautiful but so quiet at that time the staff would disappear to talk to their friends and you’d have to hunt them down for another drink. The pool area is small but make sure you head to the right hand side away from the bar to ensure you sit next to the heated pool. One member of staff here to serve drinks and food - slow isn’t the word. Good news though, the door to the Hilton and V pool is really close so I ended up going there.

The V hotel shares its lobby with the show, so it gets swamped before and after each day. The decor here really isn’t my taste, a little creepy IMO. Upgraded to a suite here, but the service just as swamped. I think they base the service on summer low levels and don’t adjust for peak seasons. The housekeeping was just as poor here, clean the showers please Al Habtoor. The pool area here is excellent though, bigger than the Palace but not as busy as the Hilton. The guy attending here was friendly and worked so hard. The prices were also less than the LXR - just through a door!

The Conrad was the one I was least excited about, it’s a product I’ve stayed in for a long time now. The service here was amazing, even at peak NYE. Taken up to the lounge to check in, upgraded to an amazing suite with panoramic views. Welcome treats each day in the room. The lounge was busy but the girls worked so hard at happy hour and your drink never went half way down before another would be behind it. The spread of food was just as good as I remember for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. The pool area has new loungers and bar furniture - it looks amazing. Service here was impeccable too, with prices even more reasonable than the Habtoor City hotels.

The metro right outside the Conrad is unbeatable, it’s closeness to the airport too works out well. It’s easy to get in and out of a unlike HC with its surrounding construction for Careems.

Pretty easy to see which is my favourite!
Thanks for this detailed feedback! Which suite were you upgraded to at the Conrad, do you know? Was it the one with or without a tub (this seems to be the obvious differentiator between the 'regular' and 'executive' suite?) On the other hand, many diamond upgrade reports seem to say the only upgrade is a regular room with a better view. You say you have stayed there a lot; what's your most typical upgrade at the Conrad? I assume at the V you had one of the round bed suites - that seems to be pretty standard for diamonds based on feedback here. It sounds like LXR is definitely out - not worth the premium price. How was breakfast at the V? Did they respond to your concerns about housekeeping at all while you were there?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:46 am

Breakfast at the V was better in terms of volume of items than the LXR, but I would say the Conrad is still better for me. The V was also a lot busier for breakfast than the LXR due to the number of rooms.

I raised the issues with the butler and reception staff multiple times and they moved me to a near identical room next door. This one had chocolate hand prints on the desk too. They just can’t handle the number of customers they book in.

The Conrad is a much more reliable option, the suite had a tub and a large shower. On previous occasions I’ve had a two windowed corner room, a suite with tiny bathroom and no tub (most common one) and a much bigger suite in summer too.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:45 am

Conrad Dubai - Diamonds and Lounge

Do Diamonds regularly get decent upgrades at the Conrad Dubai at check in? Was at the Conrad in Bali a couple weeks ago, no upgrade, and lounge was pretty weak. No open bar, had to order everything from an attendant, even beers. Wines, one red and one white both screw top bottles, perhaps $5 US. Read a few complaints over on TA about Conrad Dubai lounge not offering much in the way of canapes.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by sharkbait2514
Do Diamonds regularly get decent upgrades at the Conrad Dubai at check in? Was at the Conrad in Bali a couple weeks ago, no upgrade, and lounge was pretty weak. No open bar, had to order everything from an attendant, even beers. Wines, one red and one white both screw top bottles, perhaps $5 US. Read a few complaints over on TA about Conrad Dubai lounge not offering much in the way of canapes.
Upgrades will be dependent on availability as always.
Recently got an executive level room upgrade - did not mean much to me, but still - a data point for your to consider.

Conrad Bali is very good at providing low cost upgrades for Elites if asked for in advance.
yes this goes against the grain of free upgrades for Diamonds but my experience is that most of the hotels dont give a hoot about living up to the spirit of Diamond suite upgrades for free.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:40 am

Hi, I will be there for 1 night in May. I dont mind the price, but my goal is to visit Dubai in one day so the beach isnt a must? What is the best options at this time?

Thanks
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:06 am

I've finally decided on five nights at the Conrad Dubai. I like its proximity to the metro, which offers many options for getting at city sights. Also a lot of restaurants around. Allegedly breakfast options for Diamonds in the lounge and main restaurant. Anything decent in the lounge during the evening is a bonus.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by sharkbait2514
I've finally decided on five nights at the Conrad Dubai. I like its proximity to the metro, which offers many options for getting at city sights. Also a lot of restaurants around. Allegedly breakfast options for Diamonds in the lounge and main restaurant. Anything decent in the lounge during the evening is a bonus.
Yes diamonds can choose between main restaurant on level 6 (in winter a nice outdoor area next to the pool) which is a a huge selection but super busy or a more relaxed affair in the lounge on 24. It’s a smaller selection but there are eggs on demand and I still walked away stuffed.

In the evening there are three hot items, a large selection of cold items and sweet treats. Drinks are Heineken or Budweiser beer, red/white wine (screw top, but that’s the norm these days), Smirnoff Vodka, Gordon’s Gin, Bacardi Rum. All served by super friendly and proactive refill enquiring staff.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Joroy70
Hi, I will be there for 1 night in May. I dont mind the price, but my goal is to visit Dubai in one day so the beach isnt a must? What is the best options at this time?

Thanks
Beaches are everywhere. Go somewhere you typically wouldn't find somewhere else
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by residentx
Yes diamonds can choose between main restaurant on level 6 (in winter a nice outdoor area next to the pool) which is a a huge selection but super busy or a more relaxed affair in the lounge on 24. It’s a smaller selection but there are eggs on demand and I still walked away stuffed.

In the evening there are three hot items, a large selection of cold items and sweet treats. Drinks are Heineken or Budweiser beer, red/white wine (screw top, but that’s the norm these days), Smirnoff Vodka, Gordon’s Gin, Bacardi Rum. All served by super friendly and proactive refill enquiring staff.
Pretty much the same as we experienced at the Conrad Nusa Dua a couple weeks ago. We ended up using the breakfast area setup for elites below the lounge, where it was less hectic than the main restaurant as well. Adequate enough.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Always found The Walk the be best Hilton in Dubai. I’ve noticed it’s become more expensive and costs more points in relation to what it has been in the past. Also in relation to the other Hilton properties.

Did they recently go through a renovation or something else?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Jumeriah V walk

Summarising the thread so far, most think the walk has better service, and gives better upgrades. In fact a surprisingly lack of reporting on the Jumeriah, in relation to the wealth of reports on the walk. On the dates I'm looking at the walk iis 60K a night, Jumeriah 79K (no standard redemptions available). I'm diamond. I've previously stayed at the walk and was happy with my stay. and the exec lounge.

For those that have stayed at both, are the rooms about on-par with each other ? Other than the walk's great views fro the exec lounge, are the exec lounge facilities offerings and timings about the same. ?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
What is the best Hilton property with the best executive lounge as Diamond?
I stayed in the JW Marriott Marquis and Jumeirah Emirates Towers (both pre-covid) and the food offerings in the lounges were both amazing, so wondering if there is something similar or better with Hilton so I can use my status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.