Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:07 pm

There are so many good options in Dubai! I’m planning a 2-night stay during a stopover and can’t decide which one to stay at. Was eyeing the LXR Habtoor Palace but I had to shift my dates by a day and the price went from 31k to 49k/night, putting it in probably-not-worth-it zone considering the V Curio (30k), The Walk (30k) and Doulbetree Business Bay (19k) are all options too.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:46 am

Hotel choice in Dubai {ARE}

I have Diamond status and would like to book some Hilton property in Dubai on November for points. After search I see the rates from 27,000 to 80,000 points per night. Taking into account I will travel with young kids (4 & 6 years old) and my Diamond status in the program, is there any advice on the decent hotel with great points value? There is no doubt I will get great service / perks in 70-80,000 points hotels, but what about those on the lower end (Garden Inn, Canopy, Al Seef, Doubletree M square, etc.)? I consider high-end hotels (60-80,000) as well, but it will limit my stay from 10 days to - let's say - 7. Is it worth it? Our preferences are quite regular - pool, beach, Executive floor, room upgrade. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:44 am

It would have been good if you had provided more granularity on the rates ... nevertheless, if you are looking for views on the "lower" end properties, I have personally stayed in Double Tree Business Bay and absolutely loved it (although it may not be perfectly comparable to your situation as I was a solo traveler). On the "higher" end, I have stayed in Conrad and it was an incredible experience as well. Both were paid stays and cash rates were absolutely satisfactory.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
The service and Diamond recognition at any of the non-full-service properties will likely be mediocre, though most of them are new builds so the facilities will be good. You might consider the Canopy in Al Seef. I am staying there now and indeed the facilites are solid. The lobby and rooms are modern with some smart design touches, though with a large party it might not be great as the rooms are small and the bathroom features only a tub that is difficult to step into (I am not sure if this is the case in all rooms; as a Diamond I presumably didn't get any upgrade). The breakfast is decent and the Al Seef area, while pretty moribund, is centrally located and offers some amenitiies. It is uncharacteristically hard to find taxis there.

I also really like the DoubleTree Business Bay; the rooms are about as nice as you will find in this brand. The area is great for a business/solo traveler as MichaelA380 mentions but probably not what a family on vacation is looking for. Still, it's central and easily accessible so as a base it's not so bad. All of the same could be said for the HGI Jaddaf.

This all depends on the price of course; Hilton redemptions are never very appealing though the cash rates are likely to be high then (perhaps not in Business Bay). But there is a glut of Hilton properties, and hotels overall, in Dubai so you should look at the cash rates before committing. I am paying around $50 a night now though it's off-season in August.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
On that note, I'll be heading there next year with my wife; are there any hotels great for couples for a few days (and easy for exploring the city? I was looking at the Al Seef Curio for some good rates.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmarge18
On that note, I'll be heading there next year with my wife; are there any hotels great for couples for a few days (and easy for exploring the city? I was looking at the Al Seef Curio for some good rates.
Dubai has an overwhelming oasis of Hilton hotels for every budget, most being at reasonable prices too.

The Al Seef hotels are a walk from the metro station but not dramatically so.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Mechmeat
I have Diamond status and would like to book some Hilton property in Dubai on November for points. After search I see the rates from 27,000 to 80,000 points per night. Taking into account I will travel with young kids (4 & 6 years old) and my Diamond status in the program, is there any advice on the decent hotel with great points value? There is no doubt I will get great service / perks in 70-80,000 points hotels, but what about those on the lower end (Garden Inn, Canopy, Al Seef, Doubletree M square, etc.)? I consider high-end hotels (60-80,000) as well, but it will limit my stay from 10 days to - let's say - 7. Is it worth it? Our preferences are quite regular - pool, beach, Executive floor, room upgrade. Any thoughts?
I only stay at Al Seef Heritage Hotel. The best in my opinion. It feels more like a house in a neighborhood. I have another stay there coming up. There's always something going on in that area and getting a creek view is fabulous. Old town is the place to be.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Mechmeat

Here's how the Hilton Al Seef Heritage Curio Collection Hotel is laid out. Lots of separate buildings. Each building contains store fronts on the ground level and either one or two stories (generally one), above them with with rooms spread out with balconies on the front and rear. All the buildings at the top have creek views and in-between the top row of separate buildings and the bottom row you have pedestrian streets that run all the way to the Hampton and Canopy hotels which is not pictured in this map. This map only shows the buildings that are part of the Hilton Curio Collection. I particularly like buildings #4 & #7 because it's almost in the center of action since they have two stages sit up there during the holidays. And regardless of what room you get most will have both Creek and Souq views in those buildings. If you want peace and quiet go for the rooms in the bottom row of this map. During the holidays and the Dubai shopping festival, they have fireworks twice per week. No need to leave the property. And there's evening boat/dinner rides. Every morning there's a breakfast buffet with made to order eggs in the building labeled SABA'A Restaurant. It's a very easy walk or you can catch a shuttle.

Again, I liked it here because of how spread out it is and all the areas they have set up at each building outside on the balconies/porches with seating areas, swings etc. So very relaxing. The shuttle is always available 24/7. Also, on duty 24/7 security at each building entrance who may stop you if they haven't seen you before. Regardless, if you stay here it will give other users here a chance to see the map layout. Good luck with your search!
Grog and englisha like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
It would have been good if you had provided more granularity on the rates ... nevertheless, if you are looking for views on the "lower" end properties, I have personally stayed in Double Tree Business Bay and absolutely loved it (although it may not be perfectly comparable to your situation as I was a solo traveler). On the "higher" end, I have stayed in Conrad and it was an incredible experience as well. Both were paid stays and cash rates were absolutely satisfactory.
I booked the Double Tree Business Bay for NYE since it's not far from the Burj Khalifa. Don't want to make the mistake I did the last time I was there for NYE. Stay as close as possible or else😳
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: UA1KMM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, EY Gold, QR Gold
I have stayed at the Conrad near World Trade and as a Diamond the service and upgrades have been amazing.
I am sure with COVID maybe a little generous, but rates are cheap, and right next to train station.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Headed to Dubai this month and looking for feedback on best Hilton to try out. I have diamond status. It will probably be a paid stay given the lower prices I'm not sure I can bring myself to burn the points even though Hilton points aren't worth much but I would like to get some minimal value out of them at least. I'm leaning towards the conrad.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:17 pm

Has anyone stayed at the HGI Mall of Emirates recently? Leaning towards that hotel for my first trip to Dubai given the really good rate there (as a HH Gold).
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA:PLT, Hyatt:Diamond, Hilton H: Diamond, IHG: Spire
I stayed here in July, it was ok not great. I found the rooms really small, Taxis were always available so getting one wasn't an issue. The location was meh!, and it is a decent 5-10minutes to the MOE. you would assume it is adjoining or connected to the mall, it isn't at all, Breakfast was ok, not great. All in all, good for the rates offered but not great.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences at the Walk or Conrad? Traveling as diamond.
I’ve been reading very mixed reviews on both hotels here. Conrad seems to have a nice pool but many say there’s something off about the service.

According to reviews The Walk has been generous sith upgrades, but is this still the case? Is Michael Mundia still on board or is there someone else with a new playbook in charge?

Any other good value Honors family gems worth mentioning for a 1st time Dubai visitor (visiting in Feb 2022 for a week)?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by McCarran
Conrad seems to have a nice pool but many say there’s something off about the service.
My personal experience does not support the second part of your claim - stayed in May and service was top-notch and as personalised as it can be. I am planning another stay in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.