Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:00 am

I've tried both and they are very different. The habtoor palace is more quiet and luxurious while the conrad is a business hotel. I would definitely go for the Habtoor palace, they have 2 small pools but also allow you to use the ones of the V and the Hilton next to it.

The V hotel could be a great choice in term of upgrade, a lot of diamond members have received a 5 cat upgrade tough I'm not sure what is the policy in dec/jan.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by featheast
Love your comments!
So back to my original question, you reckon - Conrad vs LXR?
I've tried both and they are very different. The habtoor palace is more quiet and luxurious while the conrad is a business hotel. I would definitely go for the Habtoor palace, they have 2 small pools but also allow you to use the ones of the V and the Hilton next to it.

The V hotel could be a great choice in term of upgrade, a lot of diamond members have received a 5 cat upgrade tough I'm not sure what is the policy in dec/jan.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
What’s the difference between the Al-Habtoor the Palace and the LXR? Which has the best benefits for diamonds? Im
traditionally not a huge fan of the Al-Habtoor group since I don’t think they do a good job running things.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
What’s the difference between the Al-Habtoor the Palace and the LXR? Which has the best benefits for diamonds? Im
traditionally not a huge fan of the Al-Habtoor group since I don’t think they do a good job running things.
The lxr is the habtoor palace, basically when you compare the 3 hotels here is what you'll get or at least what i got

LXR: 1 cat upgrade, it was the same room but a different view, breakfast was great , you can use the pools of any of the 3 hotels

V: 5 cat upgrade, booked cheapest room and got a 100+m suite with a round bed, breakfast was good tough i'd rate it the least good of all 3. You can use the V and the Hilton pool. Diamond members get free soft drinks at the V bar/lounge on the 7th lounge all day and 3 alcoholic drinks during happy hour.

Hilton: 1 cat upgrade, the view only. Breakfast was good and there is a lounge if needed. This hotel tough is huge and gets very busy with tourists booked on a package trip.

The best for me if you want something quite is the LXR but if you're looking for a good upgrade then go for the V.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I just checked into Hampton Inn Dubai airport for a 20 night stay, and I have to say the appearance is a lot more appealing than what I expected. I waited for the airport shuttle about 25 minutes. It was on time. The check-in process went very smooth including digital key. Got a great City view room. Looking forward to the buffet breakfast tomorrow morning.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I just checked into Hampton Inn Dubai airport for a 20 night stay, and I have to say the appearance is a lot more appealing than what I expected. I waited for the airport shuttle about 25 minutes. It was on time. The check-in process went very smooth including digital key. Got a great City view room. Looking forward to the buffet breakfast tomorrow morning.
I'm just back to report the breakfast buffet has been just fine, with the exception that it has been the same food each day.

Also, I saw a fight break out outside in the shuttle bus . There were at least 25 people (Germans and what appeared as a couple of Russians and some eastern Europeans) waiting on the beach/mall shuttle. Some folks refused to form a line so others started arguing, and when the bus pulled up it was a free for all. People pushing, pulling hair and straight out being berate. At that time, I did a beeline straight back inside and informed the security guard. He looked afraid and not sure if he intervened or not because I just went to my room to regroup, and go to plan B and I took the metro to the mall.

That was insane 😱. I sure hope those guests are gone soon, so I could possibly catch the bus one day. Geesh
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:53 pm

I'm just back to report the breakfast buffet has been just fine, with the exception that it has been the same food each day.

Also, I saw a fight break out outside in the shuttle bus . There were at least 25 people (Germans and what appeared as a couple of Russians and some eastern Europeans) waiting on the beach/mall shuttle. Some folks refused to form a line so others started arguing, and when the bus pulled up it was a free for all. People pushing, pulling hair and straight out being berate. At that time, I did a beeline straight back inside and informed the security guard. He looked afraid and not sure if he intervened or not because I just went to my room to regroup, and go to plan B and I took the metro to the mall.

That was insane 😱. I sure hope those guests are gone soon, so I could possibly catch the bus one day. Geesh
Lol... that’s bizarre. I noticed when I stayed here last time that there seem to be a lot of tour groups together staying here from all over. For whatever reason I am unsure. The breakfast buffet is pretty good for a Hampton, even if it’s the same food every day.

If I have a longer than a 12 hour layover in Dubai I’m usually going to stay in the property that’s in the city just because I really don’t like this location and it’s not an airport hotel like they advertise it to be. This one is good for 12 hours or less.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:41 am

..... I noticed when I stayed here last time that there seem to be a lot of tour groups together staying here from all over. For whatever reason I am unsure...
I'm not sure either, but I definitely won't be staying here again, mainly due to those large number of tourist groups. I show up early for breakfast just to avoid their loud mouths. They're very disrespectful.
NWplatinum and NoY like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:44 pm

My guess is the tour groups need a place to stay overnight to catch their connection in Dubai coming from Russia and China.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:03 pm

My guess is the tour groups need a place to stay overnight to catch their connection in Dubai coming from Russia and China.
I think you're right. Just about every evening I see these huge white tour buses pull in and unload a boatload of luggage and passengers
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:09 am

I think you're right. Just about every evening I see these huge white tour buses pull in and unload a boatload of luggage and passengers
I was there for 12 hours and it annoyed me.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:01 am

I was there for 12 hours and it annoyed me.
The only thing keeping me sane is I know that once all my nights here are added to my account, I'll be in Diamond status. 10 more days and counting 😣
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:31 am

I am reporting live from Dubai The Walk and why I know it’s the best Hilton property in Dubai I’ve come across. As a diamond I’m treated as a celebrity here. First they gave me my own two story villa, but it was above a club with music till two in the morning and was way too loud, so they moved me. I’m now in a two bedroom suite that’s just as nice and quiet. They also presented me with a fruit basket, scones, clotted cream, multiple fruits and dipping sauces, and ginger ale. I had requested this before arrival and was no problem.

My suitcase also broke on the way here and they had their engineer come and fix it for me. They also gave me a discount on airport transportation.

There is no other Hilton in the entire world (and I’ve been to a lot) where you can pick up the phone, or make a request, and it is treated with real urgency and seriousness. If I ever have a long stay over in Dubai, I never go anywhere else but The Walk. The GM, Michael Mundia does a terrific job ensuring diamonds are given the best treatment at any Hilton I’ve come across. This is also a great place to use your Amex $250 credit if you have that card as its part of the resort’s catalogue.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:45 am
dgm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, HH Diamond.
I am reporting live from Dubai The Walk and why I know it’s the best Hilton property in Dubai I’ve come across. As a diamond I’m treated as a celebrity here. First they gave me my own two story villa, but it was above a club with music till two in the morning and was way too loud, so they moved me. I’m now in a two bedroom suite that’s just as nice and quiet. They also presented me with a fruit basket, scones, clotted cream, multiple fruits and dipping sauces, and ginger ale. I had requested this before arrival and was no problem.

My suitcase also broke on the way here and they had their engineer come and fix it for me. They also gave me a discount on airport transportation.

There is no other Hilton in the entire world (and I’ve been to a lot) where you can pick up the phone, or make a request, and it is treated with real urgency and seriousness. If I ever have a long stay over in Dubai, I never go anywhere else but The Walk. The GM, Michael Mundia does a terrific job ensuring diamonds are given the best treatment at any Hilton I’ve come across. This is also a great place to use your Amex $250 credit if you have that card as its part of the resort’s catalogue.
Sounds like a great place. I am Diamond and looking for a property at the end of January. How do I ensure I get the Diamond treatment?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:40 pm

...... They also presented me with a fruit basket, scones, clotted cream, multiple fruits and dipping sauces, and ginger ale. I had requested this before arrival and was no problem......
I'm not picky, I would be happy with just the Ginger Ale about right now. Enjoy your marvelous stay again. I'm definitely considering The Walk in the future for at least a few days, which is within my budget.

FYI - Today was so quiet here at the Hampton. I think maybe everyone left for black Friday sales, Thanksgiving, or because the UAE National day or something. It's like a ghost town. (at least for right now)...Yeah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.