Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Any recommendations for a property with sea view under £100/nt
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by COLOURS123
Any recommendations for a property with sea view under £100/nt
You might be able to get the Al Seef Heritage Hotel (Curio) for around that. I just did a stay there and enjoyed it. It's in the redeveloped Al Seef souq area in Bur Dubai, the old city, which has a bunch of old buildings (or made to look old) in traditional architecture. The hotel is spread around ten buildings in the souq. I had a nice room in an old style, including a balcony over the creek. Service and breakfast (included for Diamonds) was minimal but the room was comfortable enough.

The shops and restaurants are touristy and not very interesting in my opinion, but the environment is decent along Dubai Creek. There are water taxi stops along the creek-front. You can use the pool and bar at the Hampton Inn and Canopy close by.
COLOURS123 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Diamond
KLflyerRalph - I just wanted to clarify, do you mean that the service at WA RAK was exceptionally bad, or exceptionally good?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rajanh3
KLflyerRalph - I just wanted to clarify, do you mean that the service at WA RAK was exceptionally bad, or exceptionally good?
It wasn’t actively bad, but underwhelming considering the brand and low occupancy. Meanwhile at the Hilton The Walk the staff was attentive, proactive and very hard working with a full house.
rajanh3 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Go figure. Hilton The Walk gave me the worst elite recognition out of quite a number of hotels I visited in the UAE. No upgrade, no welcome gift, no mention of elite status or a warm welcome at all. Plus, the elevator situation in the hotel is ridiculous.
Only highlight was the staff at the breakfast restaurant. Better service than the WA RAK!
This is very surprising to me. If you’d like you can PM me, and I can give you [redacted name per FT practice] email. He would be personally mortified to hear this, and I can assure you he would make sure you never have a bad experience there again. In addition, he probably offer you something extra to make up for the unfortunate service.

Someone mentioned the noise. One stay I got to the top level penthouse suite upgrade, and the concert around the premises was going so loud it was disturbing my sleep for the next morning, and I had an early flight. The staff sent several bell men to move me to a quieter two bedroom suite facing a quieter area so I was not disturbed. That’s how perfect he wants your stay to be.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 16, 2022 at 6:27 am
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
This is very surprising to me. If you’d like you can PM me, and I can give you [redacted name per FT practice] email. He would be personally mortified to hear this, and I can assure you he would make sure you never have a bad experience there again. In addition, he probably offer you something extra to make up for the unfortunate service.

Someone mentioned the noise. One stay I got to the top level penthouse suite upgrade, and the concert around the premises was going so loud it was disturbing my sleep for the next morning, and I had an early flight. The staff sent several bell men to move me to a quieter two bedroom suite facing a quieter area so I was not disturbed. That’s how perfect he wants your stay to be.
Sometimes we click with individuals and they go on to help us. I understand that you are being generous in wishing to share your good fortune with fellow FTers, which is great, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to over-promise in the name of the manager an extension of the privileges you enjoy.

On Hilton's Dubai empire, the saddest moment for me was the re-branding of the Deira-based Hilton. Not a super-luxury destination hotel, but reasonable prices, close to the airport, AND a lounge.
englisha likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 16, 2022 at 6:28 am
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver HH Diamond
Booked to stay at The Walk for 5 nights in October, booked via BA holidays.

I know that I won't get the HH points, but does anyone know if the hotel will honour the perks normally afforded by my Diamond status?

I've contacted the hotel previously and they have noted my HH number and I can see the booking in my HH account.

TIA.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sometimes we click with individuals and they go on to help us. I understand that you are being generous in wishing to share your good fortune with fellow FTers, which is great, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to over-promise in the name of the manager an extension of the privileges you enjoy.

On Hilton's Dubai empire, the saddest moment for me was the re-branding of the Deira-based Hilton. Not a super-luxury destination hotel, but reasonable prices, close to the airport, AND a lounge.
Perhaps, but I have no reason to be treated special. I can only assume they treat everyone like this. I can’t imagine I’m that great of an income source to Hilton either. So yes, based on my personal experiences the GM at the Walk seems to really value guests stays, especially elites.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Depfeffel
Booked to stay at The Walk for 5 nights in October, booked via BA holidays.

I know that I won't get the HH points, but does anyone know if the hotel will honour the perks normally afforded by my Diamond status?

I've contacted the hotel previously and they have noted my HH number and I can see the booking in my HH account.

TIA.
I haven't stayed at this property but have stayed in other Hiltons in the UAE where they have extended the benefits like I was a direct booking member. No guarantees but I think you have a good chance.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I haven't stayed at this property but have stayed in other Hiltons in the UAE where they have extended the benefits like I was a direct booking member. No guarantees but I think you have a good chance.
I would agree as that has been my experience as well. If I remember correctly, I didn’t always book directly with Hilton but The Walk recognized my status.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
In the UAE for 22 days in October/November and have various stays already booked across a mixture of Hilton/Accor/GHA but still haven't booked the 5 nights in Dubai for the late October. I do have a swag of points to burn but despite a few trips to Dubai the only Hilton property i've stayed at was the Conrad which i wasn't greatly impressed with. I think I have narrowed it down to the WA Palms, WA DIF or the Habtoor Palace but am open for other options unless others thin the Conrad is still the pick of the bunch. My wife does like the look of the Al Seef Heritage by Curio so that could be a option. As a Diamond member I am seeking advice on the best Diamond perks or acknowledgment and room upgrade possibilities.I will have a hire car and i see all i have listed offer free parking so transport not a huge issue although I can leave the car garaged if suitable transport nearby. Have notice all have a 3pm check in and 12pm check out, are they flexible for Diamonds especially the check in as we have a function on the first afternoon and i was hoping to check in a touch earlier and freshen up for the event.
Much appreciated for any advice
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AdelaideAce
In the UAE for 22 days in October/November and have various stays already booked across a mixture of Hilton/Accor/GHA but still haven't booked the 5 nights in Dubai for the late October. I do have a swag of points to burn but despite a few trips to Dubai the only Hilton property i've stayed at was the Conrad which i wasn't greatly impressed with. I think I have narrowed it down to the WA Palms, WA DIF or the Habtoor Palace but am open for other options unless others thin the Conrad is still the pick of the bunch. My wife does like the look of the Al Seef Heritage by Curio so that could be a option. As a Diamond member I am seeking advice on the best Diamond perks or acknowledgment and room upgrade possibilities.I will have a hire car and i see all i have listed offer free parking so transport not a huge issue although I can leave the car garaged if suitable transport nearby. Have notice all have a 3pm check in and 12pm check out, are they flexible for Diamonds especially the check in as we have a function on the first afternoon and i was hoping to check in a touch earlier and freshen up for the event.
Much appreciated for any advice
The Al Seef Curio seems to be a one category upgrade hotel only. I've stayed in the V Hotel Curio which is owned by the same company/in the same development as the Habtoor Palace. The upgrade there was very good. I've stayed at the WA DIF and it is excellent.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed at the Canopy Al seef ( Dubai Creek) in June and was able to get a 830am check in ( this was greatly appreciated after a short overnight flight from London)

The WA Palm is a beautiful hotel with a beach ( but you will have to pay for the Pearl club lounge access ( but if you are around the hotel all day -it might be worth it) .Location for Dubai sighteeing is poorer though.

Been to the Conrad 3 times since Dec 2021 and love the location. Never had any issues and personally feel really comfortable there.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Schwann
The Al Seef Curio seems to be a one category upgrade hotel only. I've stayed in the V Hotel Curio which is owned by the same company/in the same development as the Habtoor Palace. The upgrade there was very good. I've stayed at the WA DIF and it is excellent.
When I checked in they said they "upgraded" me to a better room with a Creek view. I am not sure whether they have suites here, but your assessment seems correct. It was a nice room; it was on the second floor (might be called third in the U.S.), which is the highest. the balcony was parallel to Dubai creek with pretty wide views. I was satisfied.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:02 pm

If I remember correctly the Hilton Al Habtoor said my status would not apply unless I booked directly with Hilton. But that was the only property I remember within UAE that I encountered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.