Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Old Jul 5, 18, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

I have about a 16 hour layover in Dubai. Obviously Iím going to catch up on some sleep. Iím going through a transitional process, so I donít have my regular home like I usually do in DXB at this time as itís being rented out.

I just got my Hilton surpass free night certificate. What is the best Hilton property in Dubai to use that certificate on? I booked the Conrad, but Iím just wondering if the Waldorf Astoria on Palm Island would have been a more appropriate use of the cert, but lím not sure how getting from the Waldorf Astoria to around Dubai would be easy. I have a traveling companion with me who has never been to Dubai so I wanted to be able to show him the city. While the Conrad is actually in the hustle and bustle of Dubai. I would appreciate peopleís opinions on where they think I should use that certificate.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 18, 2:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
If you only have 16 hours you want something convenient and quick
In my opinion the Waldorf Dubai is the best Hilton by far but is very inconvenient to get to for such a short duration
The Conrad is very convenient, just exit airport jump on train and it takes you directly to the doors of the Conrad hotel
Could not be any easier
Old Jul 6, 18, 2:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Only stayed in the Conrad, which is great. Close by all the important attractions. Palm Island is the Des Moines of Dubai :P
Old Jul 6, 18, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat View Post
Only stayed in the Conrad, which is great. Close by all the important attractions. Palm Island is the Des Moines of Dubai :P
Lol... the Conrad it is
Old Jul 6, 18, 3:38 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Iíve done every Dubai Hilton.

Creek is the best relative to the room rates and very convenient for the airport, but not much else other than Festival City.

That said, GI Al Murraqabat is super cheap, well located and has great rooms, food options are terrible though, so while a few steps down, might actually feature highly on the bang per buck scale.

WA is best overall but location is bad and very expensive.

Conrad is the best location. The hotel itís self is not bad (though check the main Conrad Dubai thread, iíve only been during Ramadan), the pool area is truly exceptional.

If I was on voucher rather than paying Iíd go with WA. When work are paying Conrad is best, if itís my own money it is Creek.

Old Jul 6, 18, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

I donít want to do the Waldorf Astoria for 16 hours in Dubai. If I was there for two days I would probably stay there. But since itís so remotely located, and such a pain to get to, for only 16 hours and to show my friend the city I think the Conrad is best. Theyíve already upgraded us to the executive level. Does anybody have any recommendations on rooms to request, and what views you should ask for at the Conrad? Near the elevator? Away?
Old Jul 6, 18, 8:24 pm

We were looking for hotels in Dubai and were frightened away by the Conrad thread here. No need for nightclubs and prostitutes! We chose The Walk, still hoping thatís a good option for a few days.
Old Jul 6, 18, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Suzzin View Post
We were looking for hotels in Dubai and were frightened away by the Conrad thread here. No need for nightclubs and prostitutes! We chose The Walk, still hoping thatís a good option for a few days.
I was not aware that the Conrad Dubai was near any vice like loud nightclubs or prostitution? Is this something that I should be worried about?
Old Jul 7, 18, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; KLM Flying Blue Gold; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post

I was not aware that the Conrad Dubai was near any vice like loud nightclubs or prostitution? Is this something that I should be worried about?
Not to be worried in my experience. I've been there in March and it is a fine hotel. I was not there for nightclubs or prostitution and I had no issue.
I do prefer the Hilton Creek for room/view, but Conrad ois better in location.
Old Jul 7, 18, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MP001 View Post
Not to be worried in my experience. I've been there in March and it is a fine hotel. I was not there for nightclubs or prostitution and I had no issue.
I do prefer the Hilton Creek for room/view, but Conrad ois better in location.
Iím on the executive level. Is there any specific room I should request for a view of anything?
Old Jul 7, 18, 1:29 am

Personally I would not use a free night cert on the Conrad unless the certificate is expiring soon. Rates are very low most of the time, and you should be able to find a different Hilton elsewhere in the world which is more worthwhile.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jul 7, 18, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Personally I would not use a free night cert on the Conrad unless the certificate is expiring soon. Rates are very low most of the time, and you should be able to find a different Hilton elsewhere in the world which is more worthwhile.
You actually might be right about this. Especially since all the other hotels around that area are relatively nice, and new.
Old Jul 7, 18, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Letís say I do cancel my stay at the Conrad. Which one of the one of the lower tiered Hiltonís has an executive lounge and would upgrade me and my companion to a suite with two beds?
Old Jul 7, 18, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Only if your wife is with you!
NWplatinum and ukdoctor like this.
Old Jul 7, 18, 4:35 am
Original Poster

I think using my free night certificate for the Conrad here was a waste. So I decided to cancel that reservation and moved us to the Hilton Garden Inn Al Mina for $80.

I assume all rooms are the same? Is there anything I should know about this property in particular?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: