Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I absolutely loved the Habtoor Palace LXR, amazing hotel with outstanding service. Fantastic upgrades, free la perle show tickets and a Great Happy hour in the bar for gold and diamond members.

The conrad has also been good to us with a great upgrade to an executive suite and everything was perfect. The executive lounge had good offerings drink wise; but evening food was not to my liking.

Prostitutes problems seem to be solved and you can not get to the elevators if they do not recognize you, during the evenings.

All was good.

Waldorf Astoria Dubai palm is also amazing if you want to relax and when you book a pearl club room. Great lounge and superb service, but it’s one of the more expensive hotels in Dubai when you consider the club rooms.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I was thinking of staying at one of the nicer higher end Hilton’s on my overnight in Dubai. I land at 7:45pm and leave the next morning at 10:05am. I’m just wondering if I should just stay at the premier inn across the street from the airport or it’s actually worth it to make the trek out to a hotel for 12 hours (not even)?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was thinking of staying at one of the nicer higher end Hilton’s on my overnight in Dubai. I land at 7:45pm and leave the next morning at 10:05am. I’m just wondering if I should just stay at the premier inn across the street from the airport or it’s actually worth it to make the trek out to a hotel for 12 hours (not even)?
If you want Hilton, the Creek property is close to the airport: though I'm not sure it would qualify as high-end ....
Definitely not high-end, but sporting a very attractive price, is the nearby HGI.

But the airport faff and the taxi will cut severely into your time, so not much high-endedness to enjoy. I'd go for the Premier Inn or Holiday Inn Express, whichever is cheaper. Both close, but don't try walking to either of them unless you know what you are doing: they have shuttles.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:30 pm

I was kind of curious about the Hampton Inn they opened up by the airport. Is it walkable? Is any hotel walkable in DXB?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was kind of curious about the Hampton Inn they opened up by the airport. Is it walkable?

Noooooooo! Don't be misled by the sneaky "by" rather than "at" the airport. It's poetic license. It's in a much less convenient position than the Deira hotels (HGI Muraqabat and Hilton Creek)

The Hampton Inn is on the other side of the airport: OK, the same side as T2 (largely low-cost / charter), but still a taxi ride from that terminal.

Is any hotel walkable in DXB?
Problem is getting round the highway complex. You can get to the Premier Inn and HIX by taking the metro one stop to the Emirates HQ and walking. But it's not recommended. Unless you are committed to public transport and walking it might be best to wait for the shuttle.

Very frequent and comfortable buses are available for the short trip into Deira (but you'd need to get a travel card): the taxi ride is ten minutes or so.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Noooooooo! Don't be misled by the sneaky "by" rather than "at" the airport. It's poetic license. It's in a much less convenient position than the Deira hotels (HGI Muraqabat and Hilton Creek)

The Hampton Inn is on the other side of the airport: OK, the same side as T2 (largely low-cost / charter), but still a taxi ride from that terminal.

Problem is getting round the highway complex. You can get to the Premier Inn and HIX by taking the metro one stop to the Emirates HQ and walking. But it's not recommended. Unless you are committed to public transport and walking it might be best to wait for the shuttle.

Very frequent and comfortable buses are available for the short trip into Deira (but you'd need to get a travel card): the taxi ride is ten minutes or so.
I actually walked to the HIE once it is doable. The hotel I would not recommend though. I had a terrible stay.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually walked to the HIE once it is doable. The hotel I would not recommend though. I had a terrible stay.
Sure it's doable - but it's far from straightforward. And not something I'd suggest to a new arrival in Dubai (which, apologies, I thought you were).
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:47 pm

I ended getting the Hampton for $51. Is the HGI or the Creek worth it for an extra $20-30? Or something else close to the airport that’s still decent? Don’t need many perks arriving at 8pm and leaving 10:05 the next day.

i decided that it’s just not worth it to stay so far in the city and spend over $100
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ended getting the Hampton for $51. Is the HGI or the Creek worth it for an extra $20-30? Or something else close to the airport that’s still decent? Don’t need many perks arriving at 8pm and leaving 10:05 the next day.

i decided that it’s just not worth it to stay so far in the city and spend over $100
Once you've made the decision, best close the book

I usually travel light, so always select a hotel i can reach by metro or bus. The Holiday Inn Deira was perfectly situated, but has now left IHG. My HGI September overnight is $33, but that's exceptional.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Once you've made the decision, best close the book

I usually travel light, so always select a hotel i can reach by metro or bus. The Holiday Inn Deira was perfectly situated, but has now left IHG. My HGI September overnight is $33, but that's exceptional.
supposedly that’s the slow season in Dubai
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:49 am

I wish there was more competition at the hotel within the airport. Without any competition that hotel airside is really pricey and it’s perfect to stay at with 15-18hr layovers.

That leaves the premier inn, holiday inn express, or something else just outside the terminal. Does anyone actually think it’s worth going into town with a 15-18 hr layover? I’ve seen most of Dubai, and it just always seems like more of a hassle when transiting to meander to far from the airport.

I did just stay at the Hampton Inn Dubai Airport. Property is really nice. Breakfast is wonderful. But with the inconsistent hotel shuttle, and trouble getting there the way the roads are set up it’s not worth the trouble unless you have the time. I’m rolling the dice and decided to give HIE another shot with 18 hrs, but setting the bar very low.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Recently stayed 10 nights in Dubai and hotel hopped (1 or 2 night stays) in order to requalify as Diamond next year (No cc option for me unfortunately). We were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and were upgraded to a suite or apartment everytime, so was very happy with the delivery of Diamond benefits. As a quick summary :

Hilton Dubai the walk (2x1 night) : Booked standard room and twice upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment...It was massive with a full kitchen and living room too. Lounge was good, but not outstanding.

Conrad Dubai (2 nights then a 1 night booking) : Despite some negative feedback on here, this was by far our favourite property. Upgraded to a suite and an extra bed in living room. Room was of really high quality, lounge was excellent (the evening spread was outstanding, shepherds pie one night and chicken curry the other, along with ton of other stuff). Breakfast was varied with several cooking stations and the pool was good too...really has 2 top notch stays.

Doubletree Business Bay (2 nights): Upgraded to a suite, kids stayed on the sofa bed in living room. Bathroom was huge and modern, walked to the Mall (about 15 mins). Breakfast was ok, but not amazing. Pool area quite small, but not busy. No lounge here.

HGI Al Mina (1 night): Stayed just one night, again upgraded to a suite. It was by far the cheapest room we stayed and as far as value goes, we liked it. Room was modern, location not so great and breakfast so-so, but worth the money.

Hilton Sharjah (1 night) : Upgraded to a suite, room was ok but a little tired. Staff were good and very friendly. Lounge was limited but again friendly staff. Hotel wasnt busy at all.

Also stayed In Atantis the palm and Emirates towers, both of which were at the Conrad 5 star standard. Stayed in these properties for waterpark tickets.

Overall, Conrad Dubai was a clear winner for us from the Hilton hotels. Would definitely try and stay there again next time.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:14 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Interesting that some people find Conrad Dubai Lounge to be good. I have found it to be the absolute worst in terms of evening canapés. Really meagre, cheap & nasty snacks. The place is always packed to the rafters too. Lets not even talk about the so-called breakfast! Truly dislike the place.

Last edited by NoY; Sep 13, 2019 at 10:17 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Interesting that some people find Conrad Dubai Lounge to be good. I have found it to be the absolute worst in terms of evening canapés. Really meagre, cheap & nasty snacks. The place is always packed to the rafters too. Lets not even talk about the so-called breakfast! Truly dislike the place.
I agree. Never returned after my stay, and every annoying rich person in Dubai who stays at the Conrad expects the best so I think it also takes a toll on employees.

I’ve found The Walk to be the best. Michael Mundia the GM over there is great, and those 2 and 3 bedroom two floor villas are amazing! Just where I stay when I have a long stay in Dubai or transiting through.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I wish there was more competition at the hotel within the airport. Without any competition that hotel airside is really pricey and it’s perfect to stay at with 15-18hr layovers.

That leaves the premier inn, holiday inn express, or something else just outside the terminal. Does anyone actually think it’s worth going into town with a 15-18 hr layover? I’ve seen most of Dubai, and it just always seems like more of a hassle when transiting to meander to far from the airport.

I did just stay at the Hampton Inn Dubai Airport. Property is really nice. Breakfast is wonderful. But with the inconsistent hotel shuttle, and trouble getting there the way the roads are set up it’s not worth the trouble unless you have the time. I’m rolling the dice and decided to give HIE another shot with 18 hrs, but setting the bar very low.
Depends what you want to do. When I am in such situations, I usually stay at a hotel (e.g., HGI Muraqqabat or something on Sheikh Zayed Road) that is close but offers an area in which to walk around. You can take a stroll, have dinner, etc. to kill a few hours. The Conrad, as you know, is right at the Metro stop so it can be faster than a taxi if you are traveling at rush hour. HGI Jaddaf is another very close option although there isn't much to walk to from there.

Agree on the Hampton Inn. Solid property, good value, and decent neighborhood (the Dubai Grand Hotel down the block has several fun low-end restaurants and bars) but a pain to get to T1/T3. I was picking up a rental car at the airport, so had no real time constraints, and took the shuttle. It took more than half an hour, and, to add insult to injury, it goes through the T3 drop-off on the way to T1 so if you're going to the latter it takes even longer.
NWplatinum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.