Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I feel like it’s hard to be seen in such a positive light in Dubai with the amount of luxurious hotels and clubs. The fact that it’s a luxury resort, in the center of town, with a fast and convenient way to get there from the airport makes it a great luxury hotel to stay at for a quick overnight. In addition to the lounge and other amenities I’ve read about around the hotel, it seems like a perfectly acceptable luxury hotel. I’ll be curious when I get there to see what people’s complaints are. I’ve stayed at the St. Regis before, and I understand the whole luxurious mindset, and the high bar people set for Dubai. It’s hard to please everyone who has a different idea of what “luxurious” means to them in that city.
Speaking of the St. Regis.... Has anybody tried any of the three new hotels that switched to Hilton? The Hilton Al Habtoor City (former Westin I think) has some really good rates for my next trip.
I normally stay at the DT Business Bay but this looks close and maybe better value for money...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jsfr
Speaking of the St. Regis.... Has anybody tried any of the three new hotels that switched to Hilton? The Hilton Al Habtoor City (former Westin I think) has some really good rates for my next trip.
I normally stay at the DT Business Bay but this looks close and maybe better value for money...
Yes, I tried the Hilton Al Habtoor City - I am staying again in a couple of weeks ^

Excellent checkin & nice Diamond upgrade set things up well. The King Executive Suite was spacious & clean, with pleasant decor, although there were some slightly irritating issues with the AC (auto switch-off, when not set to auto!) & some of the lighting not functioning - irritating but not a deal-breaker.

The “temporary” Executive Lounge in the (previous) downstairs bar was actually nicely done - waiter service beverages & a nice bento-style snack box - very pleasant.

Breakfast is served in the main buffet restaurant & was very comprehensive - with a nice quiet spot for Gold & Diamond Honors members being set aside. Diamond recognition was outstanding & they took my feedback seriously, it seems.

All-in-all a nice addition to Dubai’s hotels - IME.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
The Conrad fits your bill perfectly.

It has a nice lounge with decent food, the rooms are nice, it's in the action and very easy to get to from DXB as others have mentioned. Perfect for a fairly short stay.

Regarding the nightclub stuff up thread, there's a massive one next door in the Fairmont (I think it is, the entrance is to the side) but that won't have any effect on you.

I've stayed at the property 5-6 times and always been very happy with it. Also stayed at the Walk and Creek...Walk is great for larger groups as they have 3-4BR suites, Creek is great for super short stays near DXB.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The Hilton Dubai Al-Habtoor City isn’t on the Hilton website. Also what’s the difference between the Jumeirah, the Jumeirah Residence, and the “walk?” They all seem the same

is there one preferred by diamonds?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:06 am

I have a few more layovers in Dubai. Staying at the Conrad at the beginning of October. But have several other overnights in DXB too and am looking for other Hilton properties now that I’m Diamond.

Is that new Hampton by the DXB airport any good? The shuttle is terrible since it only comes once every 1.5 hours.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
The Hilton Dubai Al-Habtoor City isn’t on the Hilton website. Also what’s the difference between the Jumeirah, the Jumeirah Residence, and the “walk?” They all seem the same

is there one preferred by diamonds?
Hilton Al Habtoor is on Hilton.com - I booked & stayed there, using that very site..

Jumeirah Beach Hilton is on the beach. Jumeirah The Walk is across the street back from the beach & is connected by a walkway to the Beach Hilton. "The Walk” its the area that they are both located in.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:26 pm

Can’t figure out what’s a good Hilton to get in and out of DXB for a overnight. I’d like to try others aside from the Conrad.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:45 pm
NoY

Its really very simple. DXB is quickly & easily reachable from just about any Hilton property in Dubai (Palm aside) - quickest is Creek Hilton (no idea about Hampton as I wouldn’t choose a Hampton) - its 10 mins-ish drive. Al Habtoor properties are easy too - 15/20 mins-ish. Same with Business Bay DT, about 20 mins.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:01 pm

I’ll give the Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City a go. Seems nice.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Its really very simple. DXB is quickly & easily reachable from just about any Hilton property in Dubai (Palm aside) - quickest is Creek Hilton (no idea about Hampton as I wouldn’t choose a Hampton) - its 10 mins-ish drive. Al Habtoor properties are easy too - 15/20 mins-ish. Same with Business Bay DT, about 20 mins.
Just curious what’s so bad about Hamptons? I suppose if I was a billionaire I would stay away from Hamptons.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:45 am
NoY

Just curious what’s so bad about Hamptons? I suppose if I was a billionaire I would stay away from Hamptons.
I didn’t say there was anything bad about Hampton Inns
Dan72 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:52 am

Will be at the Conrad in about 10 days. Have another overnight layover 2 weeks later in DXB and trying to decide on a different property. The Al-Habtoor Hilton is the cheapest and wouldn’t mind staying there. What’s the nicest Hilton with the best executive lounge after the Conrad? I really like a very good executive lounge, that is high on the totem pole for me. Though I don’t like AC turning off randomly when it’s not set to that.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:45 pm

I will say the customer service through emailing at al-habtoor city Dubai is very good! Booked a reward and upgraded to a king suite with lounge access and the email hosts are very delightful.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:52 am

Could someone clarify for me what the big differences are between Hilton Creek, Curio V Hotel, Habtoor Palace, The Walk, Al-Habtoor City, Conrad, and the Hilton Jumeirah? Which is the best one in your opinion? Which has the best suites? Which has the best executive lounge? Etc etc..

Last edited by NWplatinum; Sep 22, 2018 at 12:58 am
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:54 am

Hilton The Walk Dubai vs Hilton Jumeirah Dubai

As the title suggests, what’s the difference between the two named Hilton properties? Which one has a better executive lounge? Which property treats elite members better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.