Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I finally (I think) settled on the Conrad. With only 16 hours we just want a hotel we can get to quickly to/from the airport, enjoy the evening executive lounge, and have a nice rest. With the Conrad’s elite offerings, and the train stop directly from the airport it seems like the best option.

If there are any other recommendations (even non-Hilton’s) I am all ears.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:28 am

Noob: Should I use my points or pay cash DUBAI

Hello all, noob here with points. I have about 330K Hilton points Ive never used. I am getting the new HH Ascend card soon (they have 100k offer).

So Im staying in Dubai from 1/15/2019 to 1/19/2019
I've settled on the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah. It has a private beach and is near many cafes and restaurants according to tripadvisor.

For kicks I went to the Hilton website and the rate for one night is $270 for HHonnors members, For points they want 70K. I suck at maths, is this good way for me to use my points??

Or should I wait and just bank them for better properties in the future and charge the amount to my Hilton CC?

Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:45 am
cjd

Another point to bear in mind is that the rate quoted of $270 does not include any taxes or service charges. These will add about another 25% to the final bill, making the rate more like $337 per night. Also, when using points, if you have Honors status, you can get 5 nights for the price of 4 which would bring the nightly points rate down to 56000 points per night, much better value than using points for 4 nights. Don't know if that helps or if you are committed to 4 nights. Personally I would go for the points payment, because there are no taxes to pay.

You are correct that there are loads of restaurants and shops in the adjacent "Walk" and "Beach" areas. It's a great area to stay. We also like the Hilton Dubai The Walk, which shares the facilities with the Hilton Jumeirah Beach. Behind the Hilton Walk hotel, there is the marina with many more restaurants and nice promenade area.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peggypwr1
I suck at maths, is this good way for me to use my points??
Just spend points then. There's no point IMO spending cash to save points, when you aren't quite sure what the value of those points is.

FWIW even a lowly Silver will get the fifth night free on reward bookings, so you might be able to get an extra night for free in Dubai.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:27 pm

Cjd, the Hilton the Walk is that the same as the double tree?

And does the double tree have access to a private beach? I know it has access o the public one if I''m correct.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:34 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hello all, noob here with points. I have about 330K Hilton points Ive never used. I am getting the new HH Ascend card soon (they have 100k offer).

So Im staying in Dubai from 1/15/2019 to 1/19/2019
I've settled on the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah. It has a private beach and is near many cafes and restaurants according to tripadvisor.

For kicks I went to the Hilton website and the rate for one night is $270 for HHonnors members, For points they want 70K. I suck at maths, is this good way for me to use my points??

Or should I wait and just bank them for better properties in the future and charge the amount to my Hilton CC?

Thank you.
If you can make it a 5-night stay then you get 0.60% for your points which is good enough to use points.
If you only have a 4-night stay, your value is 0.48% and I would personally pay cash for this stay and save the points for other stays later in the year.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
cjd

Cjd, the Hilton the Walk is that the same as the double tree?

And does the double tree have access to a private beach? I know it has access o the public one if I''m correct.
No, the Hilton Dubai the Walk is a 43 storey hotel and is opposite the Hilton Jumeirah Beach. The 2 hotels are connected by a walkway bridge over the road. The Doubletree is further along the beach from these 2 hotels. Haven't stayed at the Doubletree but according to it's website, it does have a private beach. However, these so called private beaches are open to the public to walk along the beach.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

esacape4 what math did you use to get that? SO the closer to 1% its better to use points?

Oh, and the Double Tree, the rooms look bigger. Now, like the Hilton Jumeirah Beach, are many restaurants and cafes around the Doubletree area? Anyone familiar?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Oh sorry again to keep jumping in, so I logged in to my HHhonors and they are offering 40% off to buy 80,000 points. Sale price is 480.00 VS paying 800.00 regular. Its sounds good??
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:32 pm
cjd

esacape4 what math did you use to get that? SO the closer to 1% its better to use points?

Oh, and the Double Tree, the rooms look bigger. Now, like the Hilton Jumeirah Beach, are many restaurants and cafes around the Doubletree area? Anyone familiar?
The Doubletree is the newest of the 3 hotels and is an all suite hotel, so the rooms will be bigger. Looks like the Award rates are cheaper than the Hiltons at 60000 points per night. Again, that would be even cheaper if staying 5 nights.

The Doubletree is at the other end of the Walk and the Beach, so is still a good location for all the restaurants. Don't know if this affects you, but I don't think the Doubletree has an Executive lounge, whereas the both Hiltons have lounges.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I would use the points -- one of the potential pitfalls to large balances is a devaluation (usually done by raising the categories of hotels).

And I would not buy the points. You were quoted $0.006 per point, and the redemption you're looking at in Dubai is $0.0038 per point, so you'd lose money on the deal.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
If you can make it a 5-night stay then you get 0.60% for your points which is good enough to use points.
If you only have a 4-night stay, your value is 0.48% and I would personally pay cash for this stay and save the points for other stays later in the year.
It is becoming harder and harder to find 0.5 cents in value. Unless you really know what you're doing, or there is a particularly juicy promo, 0.48 cents is more than good enough. Cash in the bank is always better than points subject to devaluation.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
For 4 nights = $337 / 70k = 0.48%
For 5 nights = $337 / 56k = 0.60% because with 5th night free you pay 70k pts times 4 = 280k pts, which is 56k pts per night

Normally for 0.60% or above I pay with points
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Oh sorry again to keep jumping in, so I logged in to my HHhonors and they are offering 40% off to buy 80,000 points. Sale price is 480.00 VS paying 800.00 regular. Its sounds good??
So you spend $480 to get 80K points, and use 70K points to save $270 (+tax) on a room? Does that seem like a good deal to you?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Smile

Originally Posted by sethb
So you spend $480 to get 80K points, and use 70K points to save $270 (+tax) on a room? Does that seem like a good deal to you?
She did say

... I suck at maths ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.