Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have just arrived from the beautiful Grand Hyatt and the downgrade is incredible and the price is quite a bit more for basic room as I get upgrded to club at both.
the sandstone is all dirty it needs a good steam clean,even the foyer cement and sandstone has largs black spots all over really needs a clean there!!!!
I asked for water and they only sell in bottles unusual for bali as you cannot drink the water.
the Diamond upgrade is ok nice view small room only one cake of soap asked for 4 champagne glasses and there is a charge of 25k rup, not a lot but what the hell?? asked for ice got a small bucket of ice for 3 mixer drinks.
the beach is very dirty with seaweed, also virtually cannot go in the water cause of it, but they had 4 poor men in the heat of midday sun digging holes scraping the seaweed up and burying it. dont they understand that the next tide will drag the seaweed out of the holes and back its like flogging a dead horse.

what idiot told them to do that!!! they could take the seaweed and put in on the gardens which need water and mulch as they arent fabulous.
the breakfast as everyone has said is fantastic, the club is very spartan and the food disappears as quickly as it appears.its very unwelcoming looking and basic, not like the club at the GHBALI.
and yes its far from everything and the drinks are an outrageous price for very small drinks eg margarita 18k rup++ for a small martini glass compared to a large glass at the GH for about 12k.
the monkeys scour the rooms so you cannot leave anything out and cannot leave the doors open at night so have to be in aircon at night. I could be anywhere in the world.
I wont be back
Your report is a bit unclear.

I’d be pretty happy to pay 18,000++ IDR for a Margarita. Perhaps you need to add a zero to the price? I’ve never had a major chain hotel refuse to bring more free standard bottled water to the room. Never paid for ice or glasses.

We never had problems with the monkeys, but had an ocean facing room.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Sorry 180 k left off a zero
the margarita wasnt fab at all and tiny.
you can get a double the size and better made at the beach clubs for 110k eg potato head or sundays
my main grip is paying to deliver champagne glasses there were only 2 low ball in the room
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have just arrived from the beautiful Grand Hyatt and the downgrade is incredible and the price is quite a bit more for basic room as I get upgrded to club at both.
the sandstone is all dirty it needs a good steam clean,even the foyer cement and sandstone has largs black spots all over really needs a clean there!!!!
I asked for water and they only sell in bottles unusual for bali as you cannot drink the water.
the Diamond upgrade is ok nice view small room only one cake of soap asked for 4 champagne glasses
What was your original room category and what was the room category that you got upgraded to, please?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
......asked for 4 champagne glasses and there is a charge of 25k rup, not a lot but what the hell?? asked for ice got a small bucket of ice for 3 mixer drinks.
Surely even this, host of most disappointing Hilton visit outside the US, can't be levying a delivery charge for glasses.
Maybe it was a misplaced charge for room service.
Maybe they sensed a bottle of champagne brought in, and this was their sulky version of a corkage charge

25K is very little, but please don't let them get away with it!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
We queried it the ice and small bucket were free the glasses had a charge no champagne
i purchased lead in as diamond got the usual ocean club nothing spectacular
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by khoostanley0402
Just finished my two night stay here as Diamond. Enquired twice about suite upgrade despite them being availble. Was told that suite upgrades are not part of their upgrade portfolios.

They consider an exec room as a maximum upgrade, which means you will have additional lounge access. (Which dosent make sense for Diamonds cuz lounge access are suppose to be a given).
Did you speak to management and Hilton about this? What is their responses? This is clearly a violation in spirit against the H Honors program!
We just checked in today, and was given the whole spiel too. Guest relations is preventing me to speak to a manager, and keeps trying to convince me that the room they upgraded us (Executive Ocean) is a Junior Suite level category for them. But the best part is after relocating us to another room with a better view, the same guest relation agent tried to upsell me "special rates" regarding for those one bedroom suites we want upgrades on, which she had claimed were very popular and almost sold out, this one really hit a raw nerve!

It just a bunch of lies, because when we checked in, our front desk rep kept repeating Corona Virus and Low Occupancy to us, at least 5 times, claiming that due to the situation, the executive lounge is closed. Certain restaurants are closed, and high floor rooms are carrying out extensive renovations. I understand this is tough time for everyone in the hospitality industry, and not all hotels can maintain full service like this property due its sheer size, but come on guys! When you have loyal Diamond elites as your paying guests that chose to continue their vacation to stay at your property when everyone is worried about their well being and cancelling, the least you can do is treat your elites and put them in a suite when they are mostly empty anyways!

Honestly, I don't know how we are going to spend our 5 nights here, the "un-" welcome and games has really left a bad taste in our mouth and we are seriously thinking of walking out of the property and ask for full refund.

Last edited by exploreaswego; Mar 18, 2020 at 3:14 am
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Did you speak to management and Hilton about this? What is their responses? This is clearly a violation in spirit against the H Honors program!
We just checked in today, and was given the whole spiel too. Guest relations is preventing me to speak to a manager, and keeps trying to convince me that the room they upgraded us (Executive Ocean) is a Junior Suite level category for them. But the best part is after relocating us to another room with a better view, the same guest relation agent tried to upsell me "special rates" regarding for those one bedroom suites we want upgrades on, which she had claimed were very popular and almost sold out,

It just a bunch of lies, because when we checked in, our front desk rep kept repeating Corona Virus and Low Occupancy to us, at least 5 times, claiming that due to the situation, the executive lounge is closed. Certain restaurants are closed, and high floor rooms are carrying out extensive renovations. I understand this is tough time for everyone in the hospitality industry, and not all hotels can maintain full service like this property due its sheer size, but come on guys! When you have loyal Diamond elites as your paying guests that chose to continue their vacation to stay at your property when everyone is worried about their well being and cancelling, the least you can do is treat your elites and put them in a suite when they are mostly empty anyways!

Honestly, I don't know how we are going to spend our 5 nights here, the "un-" welcome and games has really left a bad taste in our mouth and we are seriously thinking of walking out of the property and ask for full refund.
I’d communicate this to them. If you don’t like the response, there are so many hotels starving for customers.

We had a difficult time getting anyone higher than a supervisor to call us when we stayed there.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’d communicate this to them. If you don’t like the response, there are so many hotels starving for customers.

We had a difficult time getting anyone higher than a supervisor to call us when we stayed there.
Wow, this is baffling that supervisors are all invisible. I mean what does management actually do when they don't even bother about their guests satisfaction? Let alone their elites!
My guess is the legacy staff or previous management helm from the old property (Grand Nikko) is having a hard time adapting/training the staff to meet the new Hilton standards.
This is why another desk agent is telling me that their current GM is "not available" because he is currently "in transition" now. They will be expecting a new leader in the house.

I reached out to the Diamond desk via mobile feedback. Got a generic response from the front desk manager sticking strictly to the no suite upgrade policy.
Explaining that the Hilton terms particularly excludes "executive", "villas" and "specialty" suites from its diamond upgrade pool, and conveniently all their one-bedroom suites have the term "executive" slapped in front of them. So instantly, it completely excludes all of suites from the upgrade pool, even though the terms include "one-bedroom" suites.

Diamond Elite Members will receive the following during stays as a registered Diamond Elite Member: At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ properties, Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival. Upgrades for Diamond Hilton Honors Members may include upgrades up to “junior”, “standard” or “one-bedroom” suites. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations/floors/towers (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista", "Villa", “Club”, “Imperial,” or “Residences” accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel.
We even went to speak to her in person, all she did was non-sympathetically apologize and say they don't even upgrade life-time diamond members to any above the executive ocean room categories! Like seriously!? We asked to be walked back to the HGI Bali, she said can only refund us for the next 4 nights, but for tonight, since we checked in, it is non-refundable due to a system restriction. This is the most dumb thing I have ever heard, Diamond desk is also telling me the same thing.

Anyway, we never seen a manager so useless and non-sympathetic under a chain hotel brand. Diamond desk staff seems to already know that this is a difficult property based on their response, and they said their brand performance team is actually investigating this property. So let this be a warning for all you Diamond folks planning your trips here, skip the Hilton if you are expecting elite recognition.

We'll be staying at the Westin or maybe the Grand Hyatt tomorrow. Haven't really decided yet..
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Perhaps call the Conrad, tell them your situation and see if they’d like to have your business?

I cheaped out and stayed at the HGI, but got Diamond upgraded to a suite without even asking. Now, admittedly it’s an HGI airport “suite” but since we were just using the hotel as a base to have a driver take us around Ubud and to massages, visit Canguu, and such... 5000 points or $35 bucks a night with that huge breakfast/brunch buffet every morning, I was more than pleased with the stay.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Perhaps call the Conrad, tell them your situation and see if they’d like to have your business?

I cheaped out and stayed at the HGI, but got Diamond upgraded to a suite without even asking. Now, admittedly it’s an HGI airport “suite” but since we were just using the hotel as a base to have a driver take us around Ubud and to massages, visit Canguu, and such... 5000 points or $35 bucks a night with that huge breakfast/brunch buffet every morning, I was more than pleased with the stay.
The HGI is good value, if you can overlook the location, even at the $56 I paid last week (including a hefty 21$ in service+tax). It's best not to bank on a suite .... and the breakfast set-up might not suit everyone.

As for the Hilton and suites, they don't include full suites in their Diamond offer. They don't have to. To try to bludgeon your way into one while paying for a standard room is a manoeuvre unlikely to succeed. The lounge is pretty grim: they stopped serving breakfast there some time ago, and probably leapt at the excuse to shut down the evening booze-fest.
bluestrudels likes this.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 18, 2020 at 4:26 pm
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The HGI is good value, if you can overlook the location, even at the $56 I paid last week (including a hefty 21$ in service+tax). It's best not to bank on a suite .... and the breakfast set-up might not suit everyone.

As for the Hilton and suites, they don't include full suites in their Diamond offer. They don't have to. To try to bludgeon your way into one while paying for a standard room is a manoeuvre unlikely to succeed. The lounge is pretty grim: they stopped serving breakfast there some time ago, and probably leapt at the excuse to shut down the evening booze-fest.
The hotel isn't even close to 30% occupancy, the pools have families, but not all the tanning chairs are full. They closed 2 out of the 6 restaurants, the executive lounge just got even sadder now, they turned the bar on the 2nd floor of the "Shore" beach restaurant as an open air temp lounge. The hotel is clearly not operating all its services due to the low capacity and they are more concerning about renovations now. I'm just upset that even during these times, the hotel prefers to profit and "upsell" these empty suites to practically nobody than give them as upgrades to their elites. Hotels with this kind of greed should be blacklisted among elites, especially when Bali is a destination no lack of other options.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think you meant 21%, not 21$.

I think they really try hard at the HGI. It’s not fancy, but the staff has gone above and beyond providing great service. I had a lot of problems on my first stay a few years ago. They’ve really upped their game on subsequent stays.

I most use points for staying here, too. I’d rather stay at a pretty average hotel with great service, than a really fancy one with horrid service.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think they really try hard at the HGI. It’s not fancy, but the staff has gone above and beyond providing great service. I had a lot of problems on my first stay a few years ago. They’ve really upped their game on subsequent stays.

I most use points for staying here, too. I’d rather stay at a pretty average hotel with great service, than a really fancy one with horrid service.
Completely agreed with you here. We actually really love our 5N at the HGI prior to our arrival to the Hilton.
The team there really tries, even as a limited service hotel. They don't come up with excuses to not deliver, and repeatedly from all levels, the hilton people here keeps saying they are not like a conrad which has an abundance of suites available. But the point here is, their lack of empathy and even bother trying.

We just spoke to the front office manager, she really wanted to retain our business and she thoroughly explained why the suites are off the pool.
They are currently renovating all the top floors on the cliff tower now, so only 5 1-BR suites are available, 3 are occupied. With 2 more expecting to have guests pre-paying for them.
At this point, the best she can offer us is a suite upgrade to the last 2 nights of our stay if we decide not to leave.
We already packed our bags, and heading to the Sheraton.

So here's the dp, this hotel continues to uphold its reputation of NO premium rooms or suite upgrades. The best you will get is the Executive Ocean, which in my opinion is the same exact room as the standard garden room, same furniture, same sq footage, just only a preferred view on a high floor. It is definitely NOT a junior suite or executive type room, no matter how they sell or spin it.

We don't mind staying at limited service hotels, as long as the service and attitude is right. But its really terrible to pay more for a "premium" brand with terrible staff service and poor attitude, that rely on the resort's reputation to skate through. It's a pity, this property has so much potential to be great, but the service really disappoints, and it begins from the top down.
hanto likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did, I did !

I think they really try hard at the HGI. It’s not fancy, but the staff has gone above and beyond providing great service.

I guess I'm narked at no longer being given a suite, as a policy. Small-minded of me, i know: but you get used to these occasional fripperies

Staff are certainly very helpful in all other respects, and when the odd service failure crops up it doesn't hurt to have a measure of status leverage to get things sorted out quickly.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: AF FlyingBlue Gold and AZ FrecciaAlata for ST, O6 Amigo for *A. Formerly AB Gold and TK Elite
Hilton Bali

As per now, they answered Executive Lounge closed, vouchers for 2 coctails per person granted instead.
And they do double strange thing starting to ask me to confirm my reservations weeks in advance, no reason stated. Then write ok confirm 3 days before checkin date, if not confirmed 3 days advance - all Febr March reservations will be cancelled from their side. Well May be it is attempt to protect customer which cannot be sure if he pass Indonesia border and arrival quarantine in time or not.
But later they emailed me again asking - 1 week in advance! - to confirm tomorrow latest to them. No explanations why. May be they want to renovate Presidential suite for make me top upgrade, May be I am Only guest for March and they want to close whole hotel, May be they anti-customer-defocused People Who are THAT strange. Don't know. But going to cut half of reserved nights in Hilton and shift them to Conrad, Just for start. Reviews 2021 about monkey .... all around and questionable pool cleaning I took critically, but with that "confirm to us NOW or we cancel", hmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.